3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Transit Time

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Transit Time

Does anyone know how long the Fit will take to ship from factory to dealer? I am trying to decide if I can wait long enough and get a Blue FIT or if I should just go ahead and get an Accord (I know, weird jump, but I don't care for the Civic and my current car could meet its mechanical end any day now). My dealer sees that they are scheduled to build blue EX-Ls next week and the second week of July... but due to the newness and previous delays, they don't have confidence in shipment time.

Last edited by STL-zoom; 06-18-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
The answer obviously is . . . too long!

Sorry, I couldn't resist the smart alec answer. I'm trying to find a white one and they don't seem to exist locally. And I'm in a similar position with a 22 year old car that has a dead AC unit.

Good luck with your search for a blue one!

Old 06-18-2014, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by STL-zoom
Does anyone know how long the Fit will take to ship from factory to dealer? I am trying to decide if I can wait long enough and get a Blue FIT or if I should just go ahead and get an Accord (I know, weird jump, but I don't care for the Civic and my current car could meet its mechanical end any day now). My dealer sees that they are scheduled to build blue EX-Ls next week and the second week of July... but due to the newness and previous delays, they don't have confidence in shipment time.
I asked a salesperson yesterday about ordering a white manual lx and he suggested it would be about a month to a month and a half. I dont think he had details, sounded like their standard reply

Old 06-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Call this dealer and see if he has this in stock yet 2015 Honda Fit EX-L, $21,590 - Cars.com

Old 06-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Here is some more within 500 miles of st louis New 2015 Honda Fit - Blue in 63005 Area - on Cars.com

one is within 40 miles of me if they have it but 350 miles from you. Its White Allen in Dayton Ohio.

Question is how bad do you want it, would you rather drive 400 miles one way or wait unknown weeks....hmmmmmmmmm LOL
These are only cars listed, doesnt mean they are on a lot yet but it narrows your search down and a phone call will give you the answers!

Last edited by tmfit; 06-18-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Call this dealer and see if he has this in stock yet 2015 Honda Fit EX-L, $21,590 - Cars.com
Thanks for the info... I was planning on not getting Navi... and I have had horrible experience at that dealer (wanting to charge for etching "installed at the factory" and pin striping that didn't exist on a car yet)... but I can always try a low ball offer a see if it flies.

I see they have my "perfect" car in Hawaii... maybe I buy the one way ticket there. :P

Old 06-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by STL-zoom
Thanks for the info... I was planning on not getting Navi... and I have had horrible experience at that dealer (wanting to charge for etching "installed at the factory" and pin striping that didn't exist on a car yet)... but I can always try a low ball offer a see if it flies.

I see they have my "perfect" car in Hawaii... maybe I buy the one way ticket there. :P
LOL, you will have to fight a couple guys over there if they have one! LOL
It was worth a shot, I checked the dealer near me and he has not received his yet. Columbus ohio shows one but I did not call to verify. Good luck, keep an eye on cars.com so you may be ahead of the crowd on getting one when it shows up!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Here is the problem with giving an absolute answer to this question. First, if the dealer is actually going to make a special order for production of your color/trim/transmission choice, he first has to put in in one of his allocation production spots. the specific dealer may have already made his requests for the next 2 months, so it could have to wait that long just for the dealer to have his next allocation available.

Second, once the car is produced it is not leaving that day in a direct route to you dealer, it may sit in the factory yard for a week or more waiting on the train that will take it either to to the US or to the boat that will take it to the US. in either case, then it gets received at a distribution center and may not go straight out to your dealer for some number of days or weeks.

So all this could take as little as 30 days an as many as 90 days depending so many factors.

BUT, if you are just looking for an Aegean Blue EX-L CVT, there are lots of those that have already been made and are already in the system going to dealers, Dealers trade car allocations, prior to delivery all the time, so your dealer could conceivably find you one and get it in a couple weeks, if he wants to.

Keep in mind that the inventory of cars shown on cars.com is not a complete inventory of all cars in the system. your dealer has more information than is shown on cars.com. but if he thinks he can sell you an Accord, he is likely to not want to work too hard and make a trade with another dealer to sell a fit that nets him less profit than the accord.

Last edited by TCroly; 06-18-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:46 AM
I'm waiting for the blue as well. My local dealer said they should be coming in next week.