General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Anyone else still waiting for their Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone else still waiting for their Fit?

Hi. I am new to this and have been lurking around here as well as Honda sites trying to figure out if anyone is in the same situation.

I live in Manitoba, Canada and went in to my dealership to purchase my Fit a little before Christmas. They still don't have a build date for me. At one point, they located a demo model in Northern Alberta, but I decided to wait for my shiny, new car. When I went in last week, they didn't have a clue but figured some time this month.

What I want is a 2009 AT Sport in Blue Sensation Pearl. Does anyone know where I can find build dates?

Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
I received my build date from the dealer. Ordered early October. Built 11/27. Delivered mid-January in Illinois, US. The car you want would not be difficult to find in our area, I do not believe. I test-drove one just like it in September. It's hard to wait. Good luck--I know you'll enjoy the car.

Cheers

Old 02-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for your encouragement. I had actually seen one back at the end of September but it had been sold that day and was just there to tease me.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Look very hard for it or find someone you know that works for Honda and if they're managers are cool then they call look around other dealer's inventory...

Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lala_lee
Hi. I am new to this and have been lurking around here as well as Honda sites trying to figure out if anyone is in the same situation.

I live in Manitoba, Canada and went in to my dealership to purchase my Fit a little before Christmas. They still don't have a build date for me. At one point, they located a demo model in Northern Alberta, but I decided to wait for my shiny, new car. When I went in last week, they didn't have a clue but figured some time this month.

What I want is a 2009 AT Sport in Blue Sensation Pearl. Does anyone know where I can find build dates?
Did you put down a deposit? I would start bugging the dealer inventory guy, and make sure he knows I need my car ASAP, or I will go to another dealer.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
There was a Fit as you described in your first post at the dealership where I bought mine. It is actually still there. In fact, there are a lot of Fits here in South Carolina on the lots. A lot of people here drive big trucks, mustangs, and other cars with V8s (I used to be one of those).

Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Well, the good news is that my Fit has now been built so I just have to wait a little longer. I should have it in a week or two. AAAAh!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Small world

I just bought a 2009 AT LX Blue Sensation Pearl in Steinbach. There was also one at a Wpg dealer. If anything, the Sports were more plentiful than the LXs where I looked so I don't understand why it was so hard to find one. Anyways, glad to see you landed one, you won't be disappointed.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks, Eddie. Guess what... I'm still waiting. Did you JUST buy your Fit? Did they have the sports in blue? I might have to make a trip to Winnipeg. I was in Honda (Brandon) on the weekend to check and their delivery date was supposed to be the 13th so they said "any day now". It's getting frustrating. I want to know where it is.

Last edited by lala_lee; 02-18-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks, Eddie. Guess what... I'm still waiting. Did you JUST buy your Fit? Did they have the sports in blue? I might have to make a trip to Winnipeg. I was in Honda (Brandon) on the weekend to check and their delivery date was supposed to be the 13th so they said "any day now". It's getting frustrating. I want to know where it is.
Got it 3 weeks ago. Sorry, wasn't looking at the Sport. I guess if that colour is a priority for you then you're at the mercy of whatever the dealers happen to have. But I don't blame you, I loved the BSP!

P.S. I assume you're out west. But if you're willing to come to Wpg, then don't overlook Steinbach either.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I've been wanting a Fit since before it even came to Canada. I like this year's BSP even better than the original VBP. I know I could have got a different colour, but I have been really set on the blue for a while now. They located one BSP AT Sport in Northern AB, but it was a demo model and, at that time, I thought it would just be a couple of weeks until the factory model came in. There's a taffetta white one in there right now... but I've never wanted a white car. I did sit in it for a while to get my Fit fix.

I had considered Steinbach as well. I have family in Kenora so it's on the way.

Anyway, I'm going into Honda tomorrow (or, at least, lurk in the bushes) to see if there's any sign of it.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
It's finally here!

Just an update... my Fit is finally here and I'll be picking it up tomorrow! I signed all the paperwork and got the insurance tonight.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Just an update... my Fit is finally here and I'll be picking it up tomorrow! I signed all the paperwork and got the insurance tonight.
That's great! Can I ask what dealer you bought it at? Also, I'd be interested to know what extras they tack on. (see my other post called "mandatory options").

Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
most of the cars being made are going to be pushed behind and will take longer because of the economy

Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by eddie777
That's great! Can I ask what dealer you bought it at? Also, I'd be interested to know what extras they tack on. (see my other post called "mandatory options").
Haha... yeah, I remember reading that... "mandatory options"...

Well, I ended up buying it in Brandon. They tacked on the block heater (which is essential, especially since it was -40 this morning + windchill... brr!), floor mats and cargo liner. I wanted all that stuff anyway but, if I hadn't, they wouldn't have insisted. Command start's going in today. That, again, was my choice. I wish I had driven it home last night though. I ended up walking more than 1/2 hour to work this morning in -38 since my other car wouldn't start. I think it's mad at me.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM
It's strange. A couple of months ago we had to wait months to have one built. Now, there are close to a dozen unsold Fits on the lot. The salesman said the demand will go up in the spring, and we will once again have to wait for one to be built. I think he is full of it. I think this is probably due to the economy, and people not being able to get loans.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sage
It's strange. A couple of months ago we had to wait months to have one built. Now, there are close to a dozen unsold Fits on the lot. The salesman said the demand will go up in the spring, and we will once again have to wait for one to be built. I think he is full of it. I think this is probably due to the economy, and people not being able to get loans.
it might be because people had them on order and backed out. Since its harder to get approved now thats probably why most of them havent sold also. We have a lot coming in at our dealer and there are still quite a few on the lot

Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
There are at least a 15 fits on a Honda lot in the Cleveland area. That's a lot of cars. Just not selling right now.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
People are losing their jobs, and their 401 Ks. The economy is in trouble. It's not the time to buy a car unless you have to.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Haha... yeah, I remember reading that... "mandatory options"...

Well, I ended up buying it in Brandon. They tacked on the block heater (which is essential, especially since it was -40 this morning + windchill... brr!), floor mats and cargo liner. I wanted all that stuff anyway but, if I hadn't, they wouldn't have insisted. Command start's going in today. That, again, was my choice. I wish I had driven it home last night though. I ended up walking more than 1/2 hour to work this morning in -38 since my other car wouldn't start. I think it's mad at me.
Sounds like you did OK with the options. Maybe I should have tried Brandon . . . oh well.

Did you buy the Honda remote starter? Since winter's almost over (then again it was -40 today as you said) I'm thinking of remote start for next year. Honda's been giving me some vague answers on whether getting an aftermarket unit and install will void the warranty. Let me know how your experience goes.