3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Stock door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Stock door speakers

Hello has anyone upgraded their door speakers yet? Do you have any pictures of the mounting bracket? I have search the forum and all I found out is that I can put in 6.5 inch speakers in both front and rear but don't know if I need to order new mounting brackets or can I use the stock ones. Any help would be great. My speakers are coming tomorrow they are infinity kappa's.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by payluder
Hello has anyone upgraded their door speakers yet? Do you have any pictures of the mounting bracket? I have search the forum and all I found out is that I can put in 6.5 inch speakers in both front and rear but don't know if I need to order new mounting brackets or can I use the stock ones. Any help would be great. My speakers are coming tomorrow they are infinity kappa's.
You will need mounting brackets. You can use 6 3/4 speakers too but only in the rears. You also have to be careful how big the magnets are because the front door windows may hit into them when u lower the windows all the way if they are too big. I wrote about these issues in another thread, probably the huge modded thread.

Edit: here's an old pic I took of the stock speakers.

Name:  OUA37V8l.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  31.6 KB

Last edited by noripwr; 09-03-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
You will need mounting brackets. You can use 6 3/4 speakers too but only in the rears. You also have to be careful how big the magnets are because the front door windows may hit into them when u lower the windows all the way if they are too big. I wrote about these issues in another thread, probably the huge modded thread.

Do you know if I can use the mounting bracket that came with the speakers or do I need something else? I bought these speakers without research because I saw it used to be $160 a pair and got them for $60 so I bought first ask questions later. Lucky I did because I guess I bought the last two set. Infinity Kappa 62.9I

Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm assuming u got them from crutch field cuz they throw in speaker mounting brackets for free. But if they are like the metra or scorse brands they should fit, just be sure they are Honda compatible.

Forget to mention u might also have to trim the bracket a little. I had to for the Kenwood to fit cuz their magnets were bigger, but not for the pioneer.