3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Forum moderators?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
...BTW do you think Hillary is an Athiest or no??
I don't care what fuzzy-wuzzy she prays to, but she'll only take my guns when she pries them out of my cold, dead, fingers.

Last edited by GeorgeL; 09-05-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
People who use the wrong oil can hardly be called civilized. I'd ban every one of them.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
Are there any moderators specifically for the 3rd Gen forum?.. Seems there is starting to be a influx of 3rd Gen owners coming on board here and it may need a full time mod or 2.... Willing to help if needed...
Some forums, GM in particular, have a good deal for moderators. Keep negative comments to a minimum, and you get freebies from GM. Free track time, for example. The moderators boasted about it, and posted photos of the GM sponsored get togethers.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Good companies WANT to hear about what it's customers don't like.

Oh, sorry... then there's GM.

"I rather enjoy when my car's engine turns off in traffic... keeps me on my toes."

Old 09-06-2014, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
moderating sucks. i was a mod on the other big honda forum for years. it is a thankless job. lots of whiny people, lots of d00shbags, and it becomes a job.

i would come home from work, log in and have a 150 pm's about this guy being mean, someone posted a f/s thread in the wrong forum, another guy spewing racist comments.... sure, you can do some good, but it wears on you.

well, unless you are on a power trip, and i am sure we have encountered those. i have come across many. i just abide by what i type is what i would gladly say to someone in person. of course, many think i am a d!ck, but whatever.

hell, some fruit here started with me, i called him out and now i have some weird warning rating....

Old 09-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by rodney
moderating sucks. i was a mod on the other big honda forum for years. it is a thankless job. lots of whiny people, lots of d00shbags, and it becomes a job.

i would come home from work, log in and have a 150 pm's about this guy being mean, someone posted a f/s thread in the wrong forum, another guy spewing racist comments.... sure, you can do some good, but it wears on you.

well, unless you are on a power trip, and i am sure we have encountered those. i have come across many. i just abide by what i type is what i would gladly say to someone in person. of course, many think i am a d!ck, but whatever.

hell, some fruit here started with me, i called him out and now i have some weird warning rating....
I just spammed all the mods about how insensitive you are. Just kidding. Being a moderator is exactly like you said. Thankfully there is usually a super-secret moderator-only portion of the site that you can vent about all the idiots to other moderators.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by morgantruce
Good companies WANT to hear about what it's customers don't like.

Oh, sorry... then there's GM.

"I rather enjoy when my car's engine turns off in traffic... keeps me on my toes."
Yep. GM doesn't care one bit what it's customers are thinking. Valid negative issues are deleted quickly. The horror stories with my now departed Solstice are beyond belief. Even clear safety defects were ignored. The Fit, by comparison, is perfection. (Well, except for the obscenely expensive tires that come on it!)

Old 09-07-2014, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rodney

Honda-Tech?

Old 09-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by DWils
...Thankfully there is usually a super-secret moderator-only portion of the site that you can vent about all the idiots to other moderators.
Or, in the case of the forum I moderated, a place where the admin can chew out moderators for missing problematic posts or for trying to guide a newbie nicely rather than yelling at them to "read the rules!" She had a bit of a problem with concept of "unpaid volunteer." It really did make going on that forum a chore rather than a pleasure.