3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Recall Announced on A-Pillar

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Exclamation Recall Announced on A-Pillar

Hi All ---
I just received a notice from my dealer that my Fit may be due for Service - I thought that odd as I really didn't expect that notification. I went on to the Owners website for Honda and found that the 2015 Fit does now have a recall mentioned for the A-Pillar installation issue related to the air bags...
Just an FYI....

Old 09-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Read about the recall, but thus far no notice in the mail for me. Will of course wait for it along with the front bumper adjustment.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JupiterJoe
Hi All ---
I just received a notice from my dealer that my Fit may be due for Service - I thought that odd as I really didn't expect that notification. I went on to the Owners website for Honda and found that the 2015 Fit does now have a recall mentioned for the A-Pillar installation issue related to the air bags...
Just an FYI....
Are you certain that the dealer sent the notice in connection with a recall, or might it be that your dealer just sucks like mine and is suggesting that you go for service at some fixed mileage interval? Mine mentioned on the way out that they would see me at 5,000 miles for service, and a sticker on the gas cover has their number and a "friendly reminder" that service should be done every 5,000 miles. Complete nonsense. Nonetheless, if your VIN came up as needing the A-Pillar fix, that may very well be why you were contacted.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Is there a list of VINs that we can access to find out if our cars are part of the recall, or does everyone need to call the dealer/wait for the dealer to contact us to find out?

Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 AM
m_x
This link will take you to the recalls page of the Honda Owners website. You can enter your VIN and see if your vehicle is under any recalls.

On that page, there is a link to the press release OP referred to. I pasted it below:

For Immediate Release

Statement by American Honda Regarding A-pillar Interior Cover Recall:

2015 Honda Fit

TORRANCE, Calif. – Sept. 19, 2014 – Honda will voluntarily recall approximately

6,200 model-year 2015 Fit vehicles in the United States to inspect and, if necessary,

replace one or both A-pillar interior covers, free of charge. During vehicle assembly it is

possible that the A-pillar interior cover designed for vehicles sold in other markets may

have been installed on vehicles intended for sale in the United States. An incorrect A-
pillar interior cover could alter the performance of the side curtain airbag during

deployment, potentially increasing the risk of injury during a crash. No crashes or

injuries have been reported related to this issue, which was discovered during quality

inspections at the factory.

Honda is announcing this recall to encourage all owners that purchased an

affected vehicle to take it to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification of

this recall from Honda. Mailed notification to customers will begin Sept. 25, 2014. In

addition to contacting customers by mail, at that time, owners of these vehicles will be

able to determine if their vehicles require repair by going to Honda Recalls | Honda Safety | Honda Owners Site or

by calling (800) 999-1009, and selecting option 4.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by m_x
This link will take you to the recalls page of the Honda Owners website. You can enter your VIN and see if your vehicle is under any recalls. [snipped]
Thanks, m_x! That was exactly what I was looking for. So far, so good - no recalls on my VIN. :knocksonwood:

Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Me neither. I recall that the A-posts are correct if the full text "Supplemental Restraint System - SRS" is on them. I'm not at the car, so that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Yes, I posted this quite a while ago. Sounded like it was for the A Pillars, but my dealer replaced the headliner? And in the process scratched my steering wheel.