3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 black ex needing sirius radio!!

Old 11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
2015 black ex needing sirius radio!!

wife loves her new car but misses her Sirius radio,direstion,ideas,part,info,lol

don't want to do the changing the radio station thing but that might be the only way?

new guy here!!!

Last edited by yellow wolf; 11-02-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
i have an EX, and installed sirius via the FM modulator and a HD31 adapater from TSSradio.com, total cost was just under $60.

oh, in before the thread move...

Old 11-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by rodney
i have an EX, and installed sirius via the FM modulator and a HD31 adapater from TSSradio.com, total cost was just under $60.

oh, in before the thread move...

fm mod I don't care for,how well does it work in this car?

hd31 adapt/.????

Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yellow wolf
fm mod I don't care for,how well does it work in this car?

hd31 adapt/.????
well, if you don't care for the fm modulator, you will not have sirius.

it works "ok". sound is not that crisp, but at least it works. if it gets staticy, i switch the station and i am good for a while. not sure where you are, but i am in the NYC area, and there are a ton of radio stations. i have mine set to two different stations, 87.7 and 87.9.

you need the hd31 adapter to use the fm modulator since the radio take a weird antenna plug.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:49 PM
well, if you don't care for the fm modulator, you will not have sirius.

it works "ok". sound is not that crisp, but at least it works. if it gets staticy, i switch the station and i am good for a while. not sure where you are, but i am in the NYC area, and there are a ton of radio stations. i have mine set to two different stations, 87.7 and 87.9.

you need the hd31 adapter to use the fm modulator since the radio take a weird antenna plug.

ok that's not what I wanted to hear but it is what it is I guess,thanks!

Old 11-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
.....don't care for the fm modulator,.....will not have sirius........

Allow me to qualify. If you want to use only the factory OEM HU (for an EX model up - 7" screen), then you have no choice but to use the fm modulator. The LX has an Aux-in input and the 5" screen HU can access that so you should be able to connect just like I did bypassing the use of the modulator.

My wife's Lexus RX has Sirius and that's the one thing I planned for when getting the Fit. Similarly, like YELLOW-Wolf, am not a fan of the FM modulated audio.

On my LX, wanted to keep the HU but went the sound processor route. These units not only de-equalize factory HU's, in addition, most of them have an Aux input which connects directly to the audio out (mini-jack) of my Sirius XM Onyx (got it from Ebay for $25) via a mini-jack/RCA converter cable (also from Ebay). From the SP, the speaker OUT wires go to the amp., then speakers.

Hooked the XM Onyx today, and the results are better than what I hear on the Lexus' M.Levinson system. There is no static or hiss.

Obviously, the system upgrade is not inexpensive. So it all depends on how much you want the wife to ride the new FIT.!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-02-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Similarly, like YELLOW-Wolf, am not a fan of the FM modulated audio.
i hate it as well, i waited for 3 months, till last weekend for honda to come out with a kit. but it didn't happen, so i went the fm mod route.

Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Allow me to qualify. If you want to use only the factory OEM HU (for an EX model up - 7" screen), then you have no choice but to use the fm modulator. The LX has an Aux-in input and the 5" screen HU can access that so you should be able to connect just like I did bypassing the use of the modulator.

Obviously, the system upgrade is not inexpensive. So it all depends on how much you want the wife to ride the new FIT.!!!!
ok, you are saying he should replace his factory radio with the LX unit to get the aux port? not inexpensive? um, that would cost $2000.... $2k would open up a HUGE amount of possibilities.

so, yes, fm modulator is his only option right now unless he wants to go all baller on the radio. i would hope honda releases a kit soon, or changes the config of the 2016, and we can then update our radio to the new config.

COMMENT:
Nope, never used the word "REPLACE". Simply, since OP has an EX, am in agreement and stated "no choice but to use the fm modulator" if he wants to maintain the OEM HU.

Regarding system upgrade, was referring to upgrading the whole OEM system by adding a SP, amp and sub like what I did. BTW, cost for the all ICE components, related install sundries and sound-deadening cost $2,000. A retrofit from 7" down to a 5" HU would be a waste of funds.

I have an LX but did not pass the XM Onyx via the OEM Aux input. Why? cause the Aux input passes through the OEM HU which then gets de-equalized by the SP. The original signal from the XM Onyx is "flat" so de-EQ'ng is an unneccesary step.

All Honda has to do is make available an Aux input (kit??) for the 7"screen. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-03-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:31 PM
now im a dummy hen it comes to radios but im surprised you cant hook up a Sirius in the same port where you can plug in an ipod or mp3 player,,,,,oh well wait I will,again thanks guys for the input!!!