3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

External temperature display

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 10:55 AM
My (Canadian) EX has it. I'm not sure about the LX, but the OP has an EX, so it should appear by default, otherwise something is missing.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
^ Sounds like the OP's display is defective then.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 PM
I have a US LX CVT and mine shows external temp above the fuel gauge.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Canadian with a temperature Guage !!

Originally Posted by economicon
My (Canadian) EX has it. I'm not sure about the LX, but the OP has an EX, so it should appear by default, otherwise something is missing.
Hey there - I spoke to Honda Canada and they said it doesn't exist for Canadian models which I find hard to believe - Can you please send me a picture of your dash showing KM and a Celsius readout ? I will PM you with an email address if you cant post here.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trashercan
Hey there - I spoke to Honda Canada and they said it doesn't exist for Canadian models which I find hard to believe - Can you please send me a picture of your dash showing KM and a Celsius readout ? I will PM you with an email address if you cant post here.
Surprising considering the Honda.ca website shows pictures of temp gauge and the manual states it has it.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
In the manual I have (Which is a Canadian manual) It states "not available on all models" - yes I have now checked the website and see the pics of the interior with Celsius and KM but didn't know that when I called Honda - will call them again Monday - this is so stupid ..

Old 11-29-2014, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
In the manual I have (Which is a Canadian manual) It states "not available on all models" - yes I have now checked the website and see the pics of the interior with Celsius and KM but didn't know that when I called Honda - will call them again Monday - this is so stupid ..
In your manual on that same page it also says it displays in fahrenheit for USA models and celsius for Canadian models. If none of the Canadian models have it then why mention this? To me it sounds like it is on Canadian Fits, but only certain trim levels.

Last edited by Lane03; 11-29-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lane03
In your manual on that same page it also says it displays in fahrenheit for USA models and celsius for Canadian models. If none of the Canadian models have it then why mention this? To me it sounds like it is on Canadian Fits, but only certain trim levels.
Yes and thats why I asked in my quote - I have an EX maybe its on the EX-L ??

So, went to the dealer today and the EX-L's display temperature properly and therefore have the fitted temp sensor to the right of the licence plate behind the lower front grill (shaped like a small pencil). Honda Canada on the customer service line were idiots and told me no models had them up here and that was after 10 mins of research, I then asked them if maybe we should have windscreen wipers too like the US models - she didn't see the humour in that ...

So to the 'economicon' above in Canada who mentioned he has the temp displayed can you confirm you have an EX and that you have the sensor mounted where I detailed above ?

Last edited by trashercan; 11-29-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Just curious if you looked at other EX models when you were at the dealership? You've confirmed the EX-L has it. Now it's just a question on if your EX is missing it or not.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:53 PM
@trashercan - I've emailed you the pic.
And here's the pic of the dash.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:26 PM
And if you want more proof that Canadian Fit EX has it (my pic above could be seen as EX-L, even though my car is EX as you can see on the exterior pictures linked from my signature - no mirror turn signals), see the pic #6 on this review. My car is identical to the tester.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/wheelsn...5-honda-fit-ex

Last edited by economicon; 11-29-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
^ Well that confirms it. OP's vehicle is missing it. Chalk it up to poor quality control at the new plant.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:45 AM
Check this Canadian 3rd gen Fit LX model video review.
Or this http://www.autos.ca/galleries/2015/i...gw-28-3392.jpg
You can vaguely see in the background that even LX has it. You should definitely take your EX back to dealership and get it sort out.

Last edited by noneterry; 12-01-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks - yes I can just see a blurry image on the youtube video but the pic you sent could have been from an EX-L as you cant see the heating control and my dealer insists they are only available on the EX-L.... (although the picture name does suggest an EX-CVT) I have spoken to Honda Canada again and shown them that when I build a DX or EX (manual or CVT) under the compare section a benefit is the external temperature, so I think I have nailed them from their own web site... what a stupid situation... way to go Honda Canada !!

Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 PM
There's a chance that the sensor was stolen during transit or even in the dealership. Someone might have removed the temp sensors from LX & EX deliberately (since Honda Canada people don't have a clue and no mention of that in the brochure as well, makes this situation to become a 'grey area'). These sensors aren't cheap.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know for certain but if the sensor been removed from under the front bumper wouldn't it still show as 0.0c on the display?

Old 12-01-2014, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hey there Economicon...

Originally Posted by economicon
And if you want more proof that Canadian Fit EX has it (my pic above could be seen as EX-L, even though my car is EX as you can see on the exterior pictures linked from my signature - no mirror turn signals), see the pic #6 on this review. My car is identical to the tester.
Road Test: 2015 Honda Fit EX | The Chronicle Herald

I am still arguing with both my dealer and Honda Canada as they say the EX doesn't have a temp gauge, even though I sent them what you sent me. Also I build an EX on their Canadian web site and did a compare against a 2014 Fit and guess what was an advantage, a temperature display LOL - even with that they say I am out of luck... gotta love Honda...

Can you please post a picture of your dash showing the manual heating controls and the temp gauge so I can push that in their face ?

Thanks in advance..

Old 12-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Can you please post a picture of your dash showing the manual heating controls and the temp gauge so I can push that in their face ?

Thanks in advance..
Your best and fastest option will be test drive a 2015 Fit (external temp display is a standard feature across all trim level) either at your dealership or any other dealership in your area and take a picture then shove it up in their faces.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Have been to a new dealership figured it out.

Looks like they fit it (pardon the pun) to CVT models but not manuals. I saw two LX models. The one with CVT had the probe and the display above the fuel gauge and one 6MT was without either.
Now to argue with my dealer and Honda Canada. Nowhere does it say that the CVT is anything but a transmission option and they can't say they need that for the life / health of the transmission.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:28 AM
probe and the display above the fuel gauge and one 6MT was without either.
That's weird.
How come in in the comparison chart (Section: Lighting, Visibility and Instrumentation) between DX and EX model indicates that both model has the sensor? DX could not possibly be a CVT.

Last edited by noneterry; 12-02-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Quick Reply: External temperature display