3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EX or LX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
EX or LX?

AFTERNOTE:
I see another thread on this topic; I couldn't delete this post
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...get-lx-ex.html

Moderator could delete if you want.

----------
My first post.
EX or LX? Why?

I will be buying an Agean Blue '15 Fit CVT in the next few months, and have appreciated price discussions, alignment posts, etc. Thank you.

I normally buy the cheapest line of the model, but there is not all that much difference in price. I don't need/want a sun roof or alloy wheels (what benefit are they?)

What are the features that made you want an EX CVT over the LX CVT?

My needs:
I have an iPhone 6+. If i get a preinstalled GPS, it will be old in a few years ($ for yearly updates not appealing), but i'm not loving using my iPhone Google maps as a GPS as it interrupts my music or mp3 books. I will be retiring and relocating to SE Florida (I'm a young 68), and I may drive up to the NE once a year as a partial snowbird, or not. I hate long drives, and worry about the little Fit on the long road trips. It appeals to me that I will be able to put 2 bikes in the FIt and travel around to different locations with the bikes safely inside the car. Is that a reality? (I may have made a mistake here about the installed GPS, as I'm not clear yet on what the LX and EX have for entertainment systems).

thanks, Etana, Silver Spring, MD
I currently have a 1998 Honda Civic LX manual trans, original satisfied owner

Last edited by etana; 12-21-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:42 PM
LX vs. EX, with an EX, you get a larger screen for your radio and other features, and it's mostly touch screen. The LX radio has a 5 inch screen, and more buttons. EX has push button start and smart key. You unlock the car by simply touching the handle, and lock it by pressing the button on the handle. As for the push button start, it's nice, and it makes stealing a car MUCH harder.

EX has nicer interior, an extra USB and plug in the center console, and paddle shifters, as well as a previously mentioned moonroof. The EX also reportedly sounds quieter in terms of the engine noise. The EX also has an HDMI plug where you can view your phone through the screen, but that can only be done while the car is in motion, and with the HDMI hookup you can download the navigation app. for $60.

The LX doesn't come with floormats, and it's advisable to get those added on as an accessory.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:09 AM
I'd say get the EX, the extra features are well worth the rather small difference in price. We're the same age and little things like running those fog lights all the time at night really helps the old eyes pick up anything close. Also, to take full advantage of Bluetooth and HondaLink connectivity, you have the only phone that actually works...at least an iPhone 5z does. For the rest of us, I guess we'll have wait it out and see if Honda makes software changes to allow for more phone compatibility along with whatever develops when Android Auto and Apple's Car Play are released. Till then, I have basic hands free phone functions and use a stand along Garmin for GPS.

Far as driving and ride go, I think the car is fantastic for its size though it can be a bit choppy on long stretches of concrete. I'll learn a lot more about long hours in it tomorrow as I'm taking it on a 650 mile loop to Death Valley. Given the nature of those zero traffic roads I expect I'll see around 45mpg on the trip. Amazing.

With the rear seats flipped up and the rear doors open to almost 90 degrees, you should have no problem putting two bike inside (with front wheels removed. For me, I found having the seats up is the most efficient way of hauling all the music gear need when the original plan was to have the seats down flat. Lots of options there.

As for entertainment systems the LX is more user friendly since it has some knobs while the EX is all touch screen and distracting to use on the fly. However, once you have radio presets and various media connected, you can run most everything from the steering wheel. I keep an iPod in the console plugged in all the time and its a pleasure to have all its functions come up on the screen and dial in my old vinyl and tape collection.

Good luck with whatever choice you make

Old 12-27-2014, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
EX for the alloy wheels, moonroof, larger screen, better seat material, and the HDMI and USB issues as previously described.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:59 PM
And more sound deadening, keyless start and entry.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Read every review online or magazine, EX is the one to get and it's worth the cost difference IMO as well. The best feature is the "PUSH START". Once you have it, turing the igntion key seems so outdated and it is.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:14 PM
I thought the EX package was well worth the extra $$. Ordinarily I would've gone for the base model myself. But the bigger screen, backup camera prediction lines, lane change camera were what drew me. Oh yes... keyless entry is awesome! I don't have to fumble around in my purse for my keys. It was a wonderful package for what seemed like a really good price.

Be sure to test drive the EX.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Zute
keyless entry is awesome! I don't have to fumble around in my purse for my keys.
PLUS the "Push Button Start" feature.
That's the BEST feature of EX that LX doesn't IMO.

Once you own a car with this feature, having to insert the key into the tiny key hole AND turn to start engine would feel so antique.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Having the smart key I don't have to fumble around for the keys while I walk up behind the rear door with stuff in my hands and press the unlock button. Easy as pie!!

Love it!