3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Not able to program auto door lock

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 04:26 AM
Not able to program auto door lock

I have a Fit DX model (Canadian base). The car will not automatically lock the doors under any circumstance. I've followed manual page 104-105 and still no anvil. (I held the button for like a solid minute, but still no second click) Shouldn't this feature standard on all trim levels? Should I take it back to the dealership? Maybe my ECU is messed up.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Sorry for late reply, but did you resolve this? My first hunch is that one of the doors isn't shut all the way, and so the car won't lock teh doors if one is open. My kids often don't slam the passenger door hard enough to latch it completely.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by ai4px
Sorry for late reply, but did you resolve this?
I think you are describing a complete different senario. My doors locks alright but have to operate manually.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by noneterry
I think you are describing a complete different senario. My doors locks alright but have to operate manually.
Whoopsie.... I "read" that you were pressing the keyfob lock button. I know what you mean now. I disabled my auto lock function using the procedure in the manual and it worked.... you not turning car "on" correctly, or not holding your mouth right? I don't have the manual in front of me.

Or maybe this isn't a feature on the canadian models?

I just googled it... and found.... I guess the procedure is the same for unprogramming it too... just press the LOCK instead?

file:///C:/Users/wjohnston/Downloads/2015_Fit_EX-EXL_Custom_Auto_Door_Lock_Options.pdf

1.Close the driver’s door.
Shift into Park (P) or apply
the parking brake.
2. Turn the vehicle on.
3. Press and hold the unlock
side of the master door
lock switch for about 10
seconds. In that time, you
will hear three clicks.
4. Within 20 seconds, turn
the vehicle off.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the rely, but I've followed that procedure millions times and still no second click. I was wondering if this function is omitted by Honda since DX is a lowest trim money can buy? I would like to hear from other DX owners.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by noneterry
I have a Fit DX model (Canadian base). The car will not automatically lock the doors under any circumstance. I've followed manual page 104-105 and still no anvil. (I held the button for like a solid minute, but still no second click) Shouldn't this feature standard on all trim levels? Should I take it back to the dealership? Maybe my ECU is messed up.
nonterry,

Sorry to hear about this. Due to your vehicle being a Canadian vehicle, I would highly suggest bringing your vehicle into a local Honda Canadian dealer for a diagnosis to determine if there is an issue with the automatic door locks. They will be able to determine if there is an issue or if it is operating as designed.

Thank you,

Jonathan