3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sales manager from dealership called me yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 02:12 PM
To clarify things. The phone call was never a bad thing. I didn't about the phone call. I would go as to say the phone call welcomed. I was never annoyed about the phone call. Only annoyed the by way Honda builds, packages, and options the FIT. I shares my thoughts and complaints I dont like about FIT and shared them with the sales manager.
Everyone thinks I hate Honda. I don't. Depends how long girlfriend and I hold off on a purchase, we are both seriously interested in the new H-RV. Some complaints we both had about the FIT seem to already be addressed with the upcoming FIT. Including the availability of grey leather or cloth interior, which is the biggest complaint we both have about the FIT.
I bought what I bought a year ago not because I loved Ford, not because I hate Honda. The vehicle had what I wanted. It was equipt the way I like. It the individual options available as I liked. Simple as that! It isn't as roomy as FIT, didn't and still don't, see that as an issue. Had it been, I'd have bought a bigger vehicle.

It's simply personal preference on interior. I work in the construction trade with brown mud, dirt, dust on my clothes, or drywall dust, I hate black as an interior color. Also, right now my vehicle looks like a rolling salt lick for deer. It's covered white road salt and I have white salt all over the floor mats, another reason I hate black.

I'm not alone preferring another color choice for an interior.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:16 PM
To clarify things. The phone call was never a bad thing. I didn't about the phone call. I would go as to say the phone call welcomed. I was never annoyed about the phone call. Only annoyed the by way Honda builds, packages, and options the FIT. I shares my thoughts and complaints I dont like about FIT and shared them with the sales manager.
Everyone thinks I hate Honda. I don't. Depends how long girlfriend and I hold off on a purchase, we are both seriously interested in the new H-RV. Some complaints we both had about the FIT seem to already be addressed with the upcoming FIT. Including the availability of grey leather or cloth interior, which is the biggest complaint we both have about the FIT.
I bought what I bought a year ago not because I loved Ford, not because I hate Honda. The vehicle had what I wanted. It was equipt the way I like. It the individual options available as I liked. Simple as that! It isn't as roomy as FIT, didn't and still don't, see that as an issue. Had it been, I'd have bought a bigger vehicle.

It's simply personal preference on interior. I work in the construction trade with brown mud, dirt, dust on my clothes, or drywall dust, I hate black as an interior color. Also, right now my vehicle looks like a rolling salt lick for deer. It's covered white road salt and I have white salt all over the floor mats, another reason I hate black.

I'm not alone preferring another color choice for an interior. My girlfriend currently drives a Subaru Baja. Part of the reason she hangs onto is the light beige interior in it. It is somewhat rare interior option and she hasn't found anything she quite likes as well.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cuemark8
Between the girlfriend and I, being to several dealerships and reviewing and test driving the FIT, and after all of that, both of being dissatisfied with the new FIT, I was surprised yesterday to recieve a phone call from one the sales managers at one of the dealerships.
It was unexpected, he knew neither of was impressed with the new FIT and I wondered as to why he called. He just wanted to know if we had made a vehicle purchase yet, which we haven't. He wanted to know after reviewing other vehicles, if we still was considering a FIT, what other vehicle(s) we were considering, and why we wasn't impressed with the FIT. Seemed like he was fishing for answers or desperate for a sale.
The two us reviewed and researched this vehicle inside and out. We don't like the interior. Both hate the all black interior. Even the doors, trim, almost nothing to even spruce it up. It's just plain ugly. The interior options and packages left us unimpressed. Stupid things like no satellite radio unless you get the top-of-line package.
This FIT gets stellar reviews because of safety features. Other than the lane watch, which is Honda's own thing, everything else I have on my current vehicle and been driving around with for the last 50,000mi and doing so for alot less money than the FIT costs. I'm glad Honda caught up.
Some of their packages and features leave alot to be desired. Heated seats, satellite radio, NAV. Depending on your geographic location, some of us prize stuff like that over other common features. I just wish Honda would offer you individual options, not just packages.

I didn't come here to rant. To anyone who owns a FIT, I hope it brings many years of joy to you! I didn't expect a call from any dealership still fishing for sale or answers. It's not the vehicle for either of us.

I know auto companies spend tons of money on marketing and research and when they don't get a sale or lose a sale, they also want to know why. I believe the call was never really about trying to sell me a FIT, it was about why they couldn't or didn't sell me FIT.
I'm sure the sales manager, or so he said he was the salesmanager, had a reason for the call. He had something to gain by it. It was a pleasant call though, we talked talked quite awhile. Polite, nothing rude, insightfull to us both.
good dealership sales procedures always have sales people call both sold and unsold customers to find out why they were successful or unsuccessful to help future sales techniques. its the difference between selling and presenting. and it works.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:37 PM

My sister has a Ford Fiesta, and I have the Honda Fit. Our cars are best buddies.