3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

One Month In

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Thumbs up One Month In

Soooo, I've had my 2015 EX 6speed now for a little over a month. Not a very long time, but enough for me to share my initial impressions about it. Mind you, I traded a 2010 base Fit 5speed for this one.

Quality:My Fit has some issues, although in my opinion nothing over the top.
1) My rear wheel well liners are not connected to the inside of the wheel well, and if I *force* my finger in there I can feel a gap. But nothing is visible to the naked eye when just looking at the car. It's been a brutal winter here in Boston this year so I will keep my eye on them and see what, if anything, develops there. If it rusts, I will NOT be happy.
2) I have a small gap between the A pillar and dash on the drivers side. I really don't think I ever would have even noticed it if it weren't for reading about it on this forum.
These are about it as far as the construction of the vehicle, and I'm Ok with it - it's not like this is a $50,000 BMW - it's an economy car.

Driving: Compared to my 2010, this is a much more secure, mature driving car. It's steering isn't as responsive as the go-cart like feel of my 2010, but I actually have adjusted to it and prefer it now. Road and wind noise is noticeably less than in my 2010. I don't mind the gentle growl of the engine.
I'm not super excited about the (useless, IMHO) 6th gear, as it really seems like a gimmick and is pretty useless. If they weren't going to add it for better/more powerful for shifting, they shouldn't have bothered. I am still trying to find the right shift points, as sometimes I feel it's kind of sluggish without driving in the "blue" zone haha. But I refuse to get an automatic.
As far as features and safety, OH MY GOODNESS. The 2015 is such a deal for the amount of money I spent on it. I LOVE hands-free Siri, the backup camera (It has saved my brand-new shiny bumper from it's first dings several times as parallel parking is the norm in Boston) and I'm getting used to the side-view camera. I now know I will never be able to own a car with an ignition key after having the push button start - it's just too convenient. I'm really excited to have a moonroof again, and can't wait for spring. I also feel much safer/more secure in this Fit than in my old one.

Complaints: I have a hard time coming up with any serious complaints. Seeing as I paid 15K for my 2010 base Fit, and only spent about 3K more for this one, it was a no-brainer. A far superior car to the older version. I'm glad I took the leap of faith on this new Mexican baby.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Nice update. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Yes, thanks for sharing - it's good to hear that you feel safer in your new Fit and that you like it.
Just FYI - I have the gap on the dash by the A-pillar - my dealer ordered a trim piece (the one by the small window on the driver's side) that will hopefully take care of it, but the piece has not yet arrived (have already waited 4 weeks and still waiting). Once it gets here and the attempt is made to fix this, I will post again - probably in the Quality Issues thread and on the Dashboard Alignment thread.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Great review and I wholly concur with your assessment about all the features that come with this car. Value for dollar this is THE best car out there bar none. I have features that people at work who have cars that cost almost 3 times as much do not have.

BTW what in the heck is an A-pillar?

Old 02-21-2015, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member