3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Crystal Black Pearl Gk5 (I was Tanabe USA's guinea pig)

Old 02-28-2015, 12:12 AM
2015 Crystal Black Pearl Gk5 (I was Tanabe USA's guinea pig)

Hey Fit Fam! I finally got around to making a membership here. I purchased my Fit about 6 months ago. I got a pretty good deal. 0% interest for 5 yrs. I had to drive about 80 miles to find just what I wanted. 6 speed Black Ex. I loved it right away lol Coming from a 92' Civic with no Ac/Ps and no interior(I had a driver seat of course) with a B20 Vtec the Fit had plenty of "options" for me. After spending a few hours at the dealership I drove her home

Early December I was browsing the web for aftermarket parts but I already knew nobody would have anything out yet. I stumbled across Tanabe USA's Winter R&D. I decided to e-mail them. After a month of no reply I was convinced they had chosen the cars they needed. Mid January I got a reply stating they were interested in using my car for testing The way this works is I lend them my car for a few days and they test fit different parts. If the part fits I get to keep it on my car and my OEM part. They were gonna test fit Sustec Df210 Lowering springs, Medalion Touring exhaust(axle back), Front strut bar and Front under brace.

After a few days of waiting it was time to lend them my new car! They said it would be anywhere from 2-5 days. I really appreciated the way they showed all the parts on their web site. Lots of pictures too. Before, after and during the installs. After just 1 day!!! I was able to pick her up. Everything fit perfect except for the Front under brace.

I had already put Yellow fogs and Red H's front and rear. When I picked her up I could see a huge difference. I loved how low these springs dropped it. Not dumped but a nice drop. I wanted spacers for the rear wheels and now I really need them lol. The rear got a little negative camber on them. The ride is a little bouncy but I've rode in worse.

The exhaust has a really nice deep rumble to it. It eliminates that high pitched whinny noise that it made stock. I'll try to post a sound clip soon. It's not too loud but you could tell it's not stock. I love the look of the dual chrome tip. I can't say much for the front strut bar because I haven't "tracked" it. (That's what my Civic is for)All I know is it looks really nice lol. They had some fitment issues with the Front under brace so that was a no go.

All in all Tanabe's products and service are very reliable. I've had their products in the past and never had a problem. I believe the springs are up for sale now on their web site Tanabe USA Inc. My car is the one pictured on their web site. Plenty more mods coming for this this little beast lol Thanks for reading!!

Last edited by SpoonBlkGk5; 02-28-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Forgot details
Old 02-28-2015, 01:52 AM
Cool! Welcome aboard. I was the back-up car. Lol

Old 02-28-2015, 01:58 AM
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  111.9 KB

Name:  image_5.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  image_4.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  image_1.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  image_3.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  image_2.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  114.6 KB

Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 AM
Thanks! Mike_c70

Old 02-28-2015, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
I like the way Tanabe doesn't go overboard with stuff like the drop and exhaust. That's really nice.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Dude that is awesome! Thanks for posting; looking forward to your updates.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Sweet! The exhaust looks really nice. I look forward to hearing a sound clip of it.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Fitmo
I like the way Tanabe doesn't go overboard with stuff like the drop and exhaust. That's really nice.
Exactly. The twin outlets gives it the look of Any 90's honda that had a VTEC engine. Love the conservative mellow sound Tanabe USA gives Honda products. I cant wait to Add their exhaust to my 2nd gen.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
I've been waiting for you to join! In for videos of the exhaust.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Any idea when the exhaust will be available for purchase?

es

Old 03-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
I've been waiting for you to join! In for videos of the exhaust.
Lol how long you been waiting??

Old 03-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by stembridge
Any idea when the exhaust will be available for purchase?

es
Not sure yet. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you all know.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for posting! I like the smaller twin tip exhaust as opposed to the single larger tip style

Old 03-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Following because I want that exhaust as well!

Old 03-13-2015, 03:35 PM
man that's a clean looking drop too! makes me like the Stock wheels even more!

Old 03-13-2015, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThrillHouse619
Following because I want that exhaust as well!
Originally Posted by ThrillHouse619
man that's a clean looking drop too! makes me like the Stock wheels even more!
Tanabe does things in a really classy manner. Their exhausts are among the few that don't sound like a fart in a coffee can on a four-cylinder.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SpoonBlkGk5
Lol how long you been waiting??
haha, ever since Tanabe posted it on their instagram and blog. ive been checking youtube hoping you'd upload a vid

Old 03-05-2016, 12:14 AM

I just had the Tenabe DF210 TDF185 lowering springs installed this week. Much better handling and stability, a little harsh and bouncy ride, but well worth it. The car looks great now, like it should have in the beginning... Just really would prefer spacers for the back wheels to bring the wheels more flush with the fenders, 20-25mm, only critique...

Old 03-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Tanabe strut bar instalation help!

Hey Fit Fam! I finally got around to making a membership here. I purchased my Fit about 6 months ago. I got a pretty good deal. 0% interest for 5 yrs. I had to drive about 80 miles to find just what I wanted. 6 speed Black Ex. I loved it right away lol Coming from a 92' Civic with no Ac/Ps and no interior(I had a driver seat of course) with a B20 Vtec the Fit had plenty of "options" for me. After spending a few hours at the dealership I drove her home

Early December I was browsing the web for aftermarket parts but I already knew nobody would have anything out yet. I stumbled across Tanabe USA's Winter R&D. I decided to e-mail them. After a month of no reply I was convinced they had chosen the cars they needed. Mid January I got a reply stating they were interested in using my car for testing The way this works is I lend them my car for a few days and they test fit different parts. If the part fits I get to keep it on my car and my OEM part. They were gonna test fit Sustec Df210 Lowering springs, Medalion Touring exhaust(axle back), Front strut bar and Front under brace.

After a few days of waiting it was time to lend them my new car! They said it would be anywhere from 2-5 days. I really appreciated the way they showed all the parts on their web site. Lots of pictures too. Before, after and during the installs. After just 1 day!!! I was able to pick her up. Everything fit perfect except for the Front under brace.

I had already put Yellow fogs and Red H's front and rear. When I picked her up I could see a huge difference. I loved how low these springs dropped it. Not dumped but a nice drop. I wanted spacers for the rear wheels and now I really need them lol. The rear got a little negative camber on them. The ride is a little bouncy but I've rode in worse.

The exhaust has a really nice deep rumble to it. It eliminates that high pitched whinny noise that it made stock. I'll try to post a sound clip soon. It's not too loud but you could tell it's not stock. I love the look of the dual chrome tip. I can't say much for the front strut bar because I haven't "tracked" it. (That's what my Civic is for)All I know is it looks really nice lol. They had some fitment issues with the Front under brace so that was a no go.

All in all Tanabe's products and service are very reliable. I've had their products in the past and never had a problem. I believe the springs are up for sale now on their web site Tanabe USA Inc. My car is the one pictured on their web site. Plenty more mods coming for this this little beast lol Thanks for reading!!
Purchased the upper front strut bar from tanabe, directions are foreign and bad quality black and white pictures , do you have any pictures on the mounting points

Old 03-17-2016, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vash91
Purchased the upper front strut bar from tanabe, directions are foreign and bad quality black and white pictures , do you have any pictures on the mounting points
Try here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...tower-bar.html