3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New 2015 Fit Owner/Longtime Android User/Current New Phone Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:52 AM
New 2015 Fit Owner/Longtime Android User/Current New Phone Dilema

Hello! I am a brand new Honda Fit owner. I got the EX. I have used Android for many years but it looks as though I need to get an iPhone 6 to use the HondaLink Next Generation Navigation. (I'd love to be able to continue using Google Maps but have it all show up on the car's screen, but....) I am overdue for a new phone so I was going to get one now anyway but it is apparent that I am limited to the iPhone to get the functionality I want with the navigation On Screen. I use Spotify and like to listen to Audiobooks via a coupe other apps and want to make sure that I will still be able to stream these other audio apps while using HondaLink Next Generation Navigation (or other HLNG functionality). It looks like I'll have to go back and forth between the Honda Connect icon on the main home screen and the "Audio" icon on the main home screen. I want to make sure this all will work ok before I get an iPhone.

Also, how can I control Spotify on screen and see the information and art? It hasn't shown song/artist/album info at all on car's screen so far while streaming the audio on my 2 1/2 year old (horrible) Android device. I also would want to be able to control the chapter etc controls in Audible on the car's screen when listening to Audiobooks. I appreciate all of your guidance!
Ken

Old 03-30-2015, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (android) and run Pandora via bluetooth. On occasion, I use google maps along with the following mount and have no problems hearing my music with occasional audio interruptions from google maps for driving changes.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1285217

It only cost me $20 for the mount so I can see the map as well as hear the instructions. When I'm using the mount, I typically power the phone with a short USB to micro-USB cable so my S4 battery isn't consumed.

Bottom line, no iDevice needed, nor honda link or a the funky HDMI cable and I can still control Pandora via the touch screen or steering wheel control.

Last edited by tbFit; 03-30-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:29 PM
get the iPhone, I was a long time apple hater and Android user. I decided to give the iPhone 6 a shot and it hasn't let me down.