3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Top 10 Favourite/Least Favourite Features on the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:09 AM
Top 10 Favourite/Least Favourite Features on the Fit

Now that I'm seriously considering unloading the Fit to its second owner, I thought about writing a pros/cons list of all of the features and quirks of the Fit and any of the cars that could be its replacement. Turned out to be an interesting list, and all of the things I liked about the Fit originally remain intact.

Here is my favourite/least favourite characteristics of the Fit. Feel free to add in yours!

PROS
1) The Back Seat- This car is like the biggie-smalls of the automotive world. Small on the outside, deceptively huge on the inside. The Fit has more back seat room than a Civic, Accord, and certainly any car I looked at. It's a car I don't have to think twice about hauling friends around and worry about them defriending me on Facebook!
Name:  2015-honda-fit-ex-l-rear-interior-seats.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  38.8 KB

2) Cargo Room- If it looks like a minivan, acts like a minivan, but doesn't walk like a minivan, then it must be a Fit! Continuing the amazement of the back seat, the rear hatch is an example of intelligent modern interior packaging. Twice the cargo volume of a similar sized Fiesta, and besting any other competitor, the Fit is perfect for IKEA runs. The folding the rear seats down doesn't require moving the front seats or removing the head rests. Just unlatch and fold- tada!
Name:  2015-honda-fit-ex-l-rear-cargo-02.jpg
Views: 3414
Size:  42.3 KB

3) Manual Transmission- The shifter looks ridiculously small. But luckily it isn't the size that counts, but the motion of the ocean. That shifter provides clean, short throws, and the clutch is light and forgiving. It's easy and fun to hustle through the gears in this car. One of the best I've ever driven, and oh, that small shifter does fit well in the palm of the hand
Name:  2015-honda-fit-manual-shift-detail-a.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  40.0 KB

4) Respectful Console- Personal space is important, but some modern center consoles haven't gotten the message. Some are as wide as a Jewish deli counter (looking at you Ford), and there's just no place for my 6'4'' frame to rest my knee. Modern consoles tend to rub right up against where's there no padding on the bone. Not in the Fit; when I'm in my lazy, boring-as-heck, flat road driving position, I can rest my right knee out in peace. It's the next best thing to a bench seat
Name:  2015-honda-fit-front-seats.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  62.4 KB

5) Fuel Economy- Who doesn't like saving money?!? Well, you can forget cutting coupons for the weeks groceries, and just buy a Fit. In the average of my car's life, I have averaged 37mpg in mostly LA errand running, and on two road trips have achieved 45mpg average on both journeys. That is almost hybrid or three-cylinder territory, without the cost or compromises
Name:  2015-honda-fit-mpg-fuel-display.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  32.5 KB

6) Getting Touchy with the Seats- We all get intimate with our seats. Heck, we rest our butt on them for hours at a time, and end up resting our hands on them too. I love the seat fabric on the LX. It's nice to the touch, feels durable, and the black cloth will probably do a good job of hiding dirt in the future. It sure beats the scratchy fabric used in many cars
Name:  black_fabric_lx_int.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  29.6 KB

7) Handling- Disclaimer, this car is not a Porsche. But in the subcompact world, only the Fiesta beats the Fit in this regard. Even with the electric steering, the handling is sure footed and feedback is communicative. The car has a nimble, predictable feel and is just a hoot to drive on windy roads
Name:  2015-honda-fit-hybrid-front-three-quarter-turn.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  118.4 KB

8) I Can See the World- Lately, styling trends combined with tougher crash regulations have created windows that are more like mail slots on small cars. The Fit, in comparison, feels airy with unobstructed views around and a clear, commanding view of the road ahead. A driver who is aware of their surroundings is a safe driver
Name:  blindspot_4up_KM.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  177.3 KB

9) Ergonomics- As tempting as it is to go spaceage and crazy with buttons and touchscreens, Honda was pretty restrained with the Fit's dashboard. All of the controls make logical sense and are an example of simplicity. Everything is high in the dash and in sight. Sorry to brag to our EX owners, but the LX radio is clean, clear, and crisp, and has volume and tuning knobs. So simple, yet so elegant. Also love the left mounted cupholder
Name:  H1503740-C.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  82.8 KB

10) Resale Value- This is the silent killer of any car. Thanks to their enviable reputation from the 80's and 90's, Honda car retain their value better than almost any other. This may not get the juices flowing, but everyone likes to save money (see #5) and saving several thousand dollars several years later is worth considering
Name:  usedcar.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  104.3 KB

CONS

1) Styling: This is truly subjective, and always up for debate. There are times that I find the Fit's style to be "cute" or "unique". There are times that I admire the Aegean Blue as it glimmers in the sunlight. But there are times I look at it, and think of it as a shrunken Chevy Lumina Van with odd holes in the back bumper, random creases on the side, and large, fake front vents. It's not a design that I would ever lust over
Name:  2015-honda-fit-review_0.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  50.4 KB

2) Quality: Maybe I got unlucky, but my particular Fit has had more water filled bits and pieces than the Titanic; quite a feat in arid Southern California. Between defective trim, rattles, creaks, and just sloppy construction, this is not a product deserving of the Big H emblem. Even little details, like how the doors don't align or the thin sheetmetal, are things I would expect from a Eastern European product, but not this
Name:  10377006_10153573064269256_5658842599962723203_n.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  39.3 KB

3) Don't Get Cheap on Me, Honda- Sure, the Fit comes with an array of standard equipment, but floormats and a rear cargo cover are mysteriously missing. Sorry, but these are the ABC's of cars. Even my Ford Aspire from 1995 came with these, as did my husband's Aveo, or even the belittled modern Mitsubishi Mirage. It's a antiquated reminder that you bought a cheap car
Name:  intro-tech_automotive_designer_auto_mat_floor_mats_5256.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  67.6 KB

4) Noise- It never goes away, ever on this car (except when it's not running, of course). Start the engine up, and the direct injection motor kind of grumbles and gurgles. Accelerate, and there sounds like a roar of pure fury under the hood, without the exciting speed. On freeways, road rumble is always apparent, and I swear that the sound insulation on this is made from Chinese newspapers
Name:  speaker.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  34.9 KB

5) Power- Raw power!!!!! 130hp is nothing to sneeze at. Heck, I've had cars with 50 horsepower, and even driven some with 24hp. But why does the Fit feel so slow compared to a Sonic, Fiesta, or any modern car almost? Don't plan to win any drag races, even against an unsuspecting Prius. Not that I race and drive fast, but it feels like this engine is always struggling. I figure there's a hamster named Gerald under the hood, and he hates to be disturbed
Name:  solid-wheel.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  150.8 KB

6) Why Have Six, When You Can Have Five: Always up for debate on this forum. I have driven mostly manuals my whole life, and in a variety of different vehicles on all corners of the globe. The Fit has to have the worst gear ratios.....ever. Second is required not even halfway through an intersection, and there is no point to having fifth gear. I feel like Honda purposely squeezed in the sixth gear for bragging rights and as a marketing tactic. It's just plain annoying and I tend to skip fifth altogether
Name:  tumblr_mjzd4crSSt1qchpnvo3_500.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  26.9 KB

7) Freeways..... are not the Fit's friend. At least not the California ones. The Fit's steering gets a little squirrely on uneven pavement, it gets influenced by winds, and tends to act like a drunken sailor after returning home from war. The noise is just impossible to ignore, and the engine is screaming at a high 3200 rpm doing 65mph in that typically noise-reducing sixth gear. If I had to do a cross-country trip, like we did in our Aveo several years ago, I would dread it in the Fit
Name:  BurtynskyFreeway.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  334.7 KB

8) Are You Hot?- It's a little thing, and a sign of the times, but I miss a temperature gauge. As the first owner, and having this car in its infancy, there's no little concern to it overheating. But 10 years and 100k miles later, and creeping across the Mojave Desert in July to Vegas, may suddenly make me wish I knew how things were going under the hood
Name:  2015-honda-fit-ex-speedometer.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  118.0 KB

9) Not Much Wiggle Room- I used to work on my own cars, but not anymore with the advancements in technology. But I still like to serve a purpose and occasionally check fluids under hood, generally look like I'm doing something important, and also detail the engine compartment. The Fit's engine bay is so cramped that even checking the coolant requires some acrobatics and microscopic vision.
Name:  2015-honda-fit-engine.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  156.7 KB

10) Front Seat Space- The back seat is where the packaging magic happens, but the front is where the secrets are revealed. Front legroom is compromised by an awkwardly shaped floor near the wheelwell, and just not much room to stretch out. The dash in front of the passenger protrudes rudely into precious knee room. Time and time again, I see my front passengers reach down to adjust the front seat back a little, only to find that's as far back as it goes. My poor 6'4'' husband, equally tall as me, looks very uncomfortable with knees pressing into the dash. I feel like Honda intentionally prevented the seats from reclining further to make claims of having the roomiest back seat. Too bad I'm never back there
Name:  2015-Honda-Fit-15_1.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  37.6 KB

Basically, the Fit is a packaging and efficiency miracle that is let down by some cheapness, refinement issues, and performance. I guess it's a matter of priorities.

Feel free to share what you enjoy and don't about yours.

Last edited by festiboi; 05-28-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Wow, a lot of time and thought must have gone into your post. Very entertaining. If you do sell, we'll certainly miss you on the FF forum. Your "Pros" are spot on and I can happily (and luckily) say that none of the 10 "Cons" are issues with me.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
I fully agree with your list of "pros", so I'll comment on some of the "cons".

1. As you said, styling is subjective, and it took a long time for the 3rd gen styling to "grow" on me, but I've come to prefer its more aggressive look to the "too cute" looks of the first two generations. Color makes a big difference with this car (like most cars). As always, whatever floats your boat.

2. Sorry about the numerous issues you've had with quality. Mine seems to have escaped most of them. The most irritating is the apparently unfixable issue with the dashboard/"A" pillar/vent trim alignment on the drivers side. No other real complaints. Being built in Japan is no guarantee of perfection either. My '09 Fit had primer bleeding through the color coat inside the doors, hood and hatch. No such issues on my '15.

3. My EX came with carpet mats. Unfortunately, they, AND the "carpet" in the car are the cheapest, shoddiest material available. I didn't think Honda could come up with a worse material than they used in my '09, but I was wrong. I ended up buying Weathertech floor liners for the car. A first for me.

4. Noise? Not an issue with me at all. I guess If your previous ride was a Lexus or a BMW, but my other ride is a 21 year old Harley-Davidson that rattles and clatters like it's going to fall apart any minute (but it never does). I'll let you in on a secret: the reason all the Harley riders run loud exhaust pipes is to drown out the thrash and clatter the motors make. That, however, is s subject for a different forum.

5 & 6. I think the engine is plenty powerful, but I think there are too many gears, (and badly spaced) to take advantage of it. I am sure going to a six speed was more a marketing decision than an engineering one. I have no trouble keeping up with the traffic or climbing the numerous hills around here, but finding the right gear was more of an issue than it should have been, at least at first. After living with the car for 4000 miles, I hardly notice it anymore, though.

7. I'll admit I've never driven on Cali freeways, but I'd not be afraid of taking the Fit on any long trip. 3200 RPM isn't "screaming" at all. Then again, I've driven small cars and motorcycles all my life, so my perspective is probably a bit skewed. I do find the '15 to be much better in crosswinds and much more stable at speed than the '09 Fit I had.

8. Yes, and how about an ammeter and an oil pressure gauge while we're at it? Unfortunately that's the way the world is going. Last car I had with an oil pressure gauge was my '84 Shelby Charger.

9. this, unfortunately applies to almost all cars built today, not just the Fit. There's little I can do to work on them anymore. Not sure how you change the drive belt on this car (first remove the car from the engine?). I can only imagine the fun I'm going to have under the car removing 10 screws to remove the panel to change the oil in February when it's -10 out. At least I can reach the spark plugs/coil packs on this car without removing the entire cowling like you had to on the '09 Fit. You gain some, you lose some.

10. I guess I'm too short to be too inconvenienced by this, but I agree Honda seems to have put too much emphasis on rear seat room at the expense of front seat room. This seems a bit of backwards thinking to me, as it's the front seat people who usually make the buying decisions.

None of these issues were a deal breaker for me, thankfully, I really like the car, and find it a big improvement over the '09 Fit I had (and I loved that car).

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 05-28-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I fully agree with your list of "pros", so I'll comment on some of the "cons".
Great comments on the comments, so I'll continue and briefly comment and since I have the CVT, some of these issues go away.

2. Sorry about the numerous issues you've had with quality. Mine seems to have escaped most of them. ...
I've also had no fit/finish quality issues, other than the some screws coming out underneath that were fixed by the dealer.

4. Noise? Not an issue with me at all. ...
The CVT is very quiet, even at 80MPH because the RPMs are only around 2500 or so.

7. I'll admit I've never driven on Cali freeways, but I'd not be afraid of taking the Fit on any long trip. ...
The car wiggles a bit on the CA freeways on certain sections, but nothing that concerns me that much as the steering is quite nimble.

With a few tweaks to the seats and arm rests, I'm very comfortable driving the Fit. My only complaint is the gauges are hard to see in daylight with sunglasses. The Fiesta ST lights up the gauges and the needle nicely in daytime, I wish the Fit had the same back lighting.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:49 AM
Favorite things:

1. The fuel economy! I'm consistently hitting mid to high 30s in mixed driving. I did a 90 mile round trip and got a 44mpg average!

2. The versatility and sheer size inside! I've loaded up myself, my bf, and two of our 6'4" friends up for an outing and not one person complained about a lack of space. The boys were all impressed with my little car and very glad we didn't take my bf's Tacoma! Oh, and I still kept my mileage up for that trip! The versatility of this little car is what convinced me to get it. I'm 24 and have no idea where the next 5 years will take me, but I know my little car will adapt to all my life changes with ease! Moving? Longer commute? Baby? No problem! My car's got this.

3. The layout of the dash and infotainment center. The gauges are so pretty and well-organized. All the information I want is right in front of me and the radio is easy to operate either via steering wheel controls or via the buttons (yup, I've got the LX!)

4. Left hand cupholder. Just plain handy.

5. The styling. Loving the new headlights and fancy body lines!

Least favorite things:

1. For the love of God, why doesn't the LX come with carpets?? And why doesn't the fit come with a damn cargo cover? Come on! It's a hatchback, throw in something to cover my cargo, please!

2. As much as I liked the ease of shopping trim levels, I wish some things were a la carte (namely the moon roof!)

3. A little more soft touch plastic would be cool!

Old 05-31-2015, 01:34 PM
My least-favorites:

- no aux audio input on the EX
- satellite radio unavailable on all but the most-expensive option

Old 05-31-2015, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Great post, festiboi! The pros had me thinking, "Damn! I need to get this car." And your cons reminded me why I'm still driving a nine-year-old Kia. For me, the terrible gear ratios on the 6-speed are the biggest drawback. If Honda had done a better job with the 6MT, it would be hard to pass it up. It's not that I hate the idea of the CVT, it's just that a small, fun hatchback is so much more appealing to me with a manual, and Honda manuals are SUPPOSED to be great. Perhaps the Japanese-origin Fits will win me over...

Old 05-31-2015, 10:31 PM
Fave is small on the outside and big on the inside.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:54 PM
Oh and one more dislike::

I wish purple had been available for the LX! I fell in love with that color but couldn't quite afford the next level

Old 06-04-2015, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
One more "con" I've come to notice is that the distance to the left foot "dead pedal" is noticeably shorter than the distance to the accelerator, meaning I'm forced to sit with my left leg bent more than the right. Either that, or I have to turn my left foot outward so my heel is off the pedal. I'll admit I didn't really notice it at first, but since the "new" has worn off, I'm finding it more and more annoying.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmport
For me, the terrible gear ratios on the 6-speed are the biggest drawback. If Honda had done a better job with the 6MT, it would be hard to pass it up....
First off, the gear ratios are not "terrible". It's just that some people in here think the top gear ought to be around 2,000 RPM at 70 MPH. Give them that, and the same people would be griping about having to downshift two gears to pass a truck. Yes, the car turns about 3100 RPM at 65, but it's not the big issue everybody seems to think it is (IMO). At that speed the engine is comfortable, has plenty of pep and climbs hills without downshifting. To be sure, I seldom drive much faster for any length of time, seeing that the speed limit here is 65. Remember, this is a 92 cubic inch 4 cylinder, not a 440 cubic inch V8. Test drive a manual and decide for yourself. Don't let a bunch of internet "experts" (myself included) decide for you.

It's like my ex-wife used to say, some people would gripe if you hanged them with a new rope.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 06-04-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:57 PM
To further my disappointment with HondaLink, I found yesterday I needed to pause iPod playback. Except you can't. That seems like a really basic feature to leave out.

I miss my satellite radio. In my truck I use an Xpress RC playing through an FM modulator. I haven't figured out a clean way to mount it in the Fit.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
Wow. Thanks for taking the time to write up such a well-thought out list! With pictures too!

I'm impressed. I also agree with most of what you wrote. I don't have any experience with the old fits so I can't compare it to that, and my car is pretty new. I had already written some thoughts in my intro post, but since driving around for longer, I have some more.

Concerning the 6th gear thing, I don't think it's just THAT that's the problem. I think gears 4-5-6 are ALL very close together, not just that 6 isn't tall enough. When I'm trying to shift and match the revs, I find myself subconsciously thinking of the more or less the RPM for any given speed no matter which of those gears I'm going to. Though as mentioned, it really is nice not having to downshift. And on the highway going 80+ with the motor really buzzing, I'm still finding I get 35+ mpg according to the computer (though it's closer to, and even above, 40 mpg when I slow down a bit).

I also agree the 6th gear may have been a marketing decision. Plenty of people commented or asked "nice! is that a 5 gear?" and were extra surprised and impressed that a car of this price range has 6 gears. It's definitely impressive for a car of this price and size. But what's the use if it's the same as the old 5th, the old 4th didn't change (and the difference between those two isn't that huge to begin with anyway), and a new 5th is in between them?

1st it now shorter too - and really, I'd prefer this one to actually BE a bit taller, because you can't even make a right hand turn from a complete stop without either sounding like you're purposely revving that high, or shifting mid turn. Gears two through four are the same, as is the final drive. So, basically, it's not just 6th that's the problem (which I don't mind SO terribly). So now - I'm not "totally happy" with 4 out of the 6 gears. But overall I have a very positive opinion about this transmission as I'll mention again later.

I agree with the purple for LX comment. I would have preferred an LX. Not just to save money, but I'm not a huge fan of the touchscreen. It's not terrible, but not great either. I only got the EX because of the keyless push-button stuff, and the color. I'm finding the lanewatch interesting and not distracting at all. The sunroof is also alright, even though it adds weight to the car. So now that it's done with, I'm glad I got an EX. But at the time, I really wanted an LX. No CVT so no paddles. But what else is even upgraded? I'm not even sure. Heated seats should also be an option for lower models. I don't care MUCH, but I notice that in most cars sold in northern US states, almost everyone gets their car AWD if available, and with heated seats. Shouldn't make sense that the heat is exclusive to the highest trim, which you can't get a third pedal with.

Clutch pedal is quite soft, and there's so much dead space. I find myself using it in two motions - a really quick lift just to get past the dead space, followed by a slower more deliberate motion to engage it (unless I happen to be able to do it in one very fast motion right at the correct RPM. Not always because I'm not a pro driver). I'd get a clutch stop to make the travel shorter, but then I wouldn't be able to start up the car. I tried to start the the engine with the clutch depressed most but not all of the way, and it didn't work. Maybe this is one of those "stupid-proof" features like not being able to even move the shifter into a gate if the clutch is up, or not being allowed to move the shifter into R if you're not stopped.

Satellite radio should be at least an option for lower models. It's not that hard to at least PRE WIRE the car for a Sirius connection. I get that there has to be more separation between EX and EXL than leather heated seats, but seriously.. my 2005 Honda had it, and now it's 20 years later.

Something extra subjective and also speculative.. The car begs for a performance version. Imagine a Fit that handles like a GTI. An Si or even.. dare I say it.. a genuine Type R. I know the first year just ended, and better models usually come later, but I still don't see any confirmed plans for something like this. When the BMW made the 2 series, they knew there'd be an M2, and a upgraded M-sport / M235i. You know a new Golf version will bring along a new GTI and as a rarer treat a new R. And obviously new Civic versions get a new Si. On the other hand, there are Mugen and aftermarket parts. But nothing power-adding, or very drastic that I've seen beyond body kits, transmission parts, and suspensions. The US has just a select few "hot hatches" and I think the Fit belongs on that list.

Finally, another issue I noticed is something I can't seem to find any information on at all. I'm not even sure the problem is just for my car, or maybe I simply just can't drive well. The issue is that when coasting low gears + low speed + low rpm the car starts bucking. Not just a little bit.. but uncomfortably so. It makes getting through traffic a little extra annoying. You can't just sit in first or second and tap the gas, then let it go to coast forward if you're in slow moving traffic. The car starts bucking and oscillating as you go. Unless of course you press in the clutch, then obviously there's no bucking, but then again the point of coasting in one gear is so that I don't have to keep shifting in traffic. I don't think I've experienced it quite this pronounced on any other car I've been in...

Can anyone at all shed light on this? Is this normal or just my car?

Oh and some positives so I'm not completely negative with my post:

The shifter. The boot is leather (or convincingly real pleather). It's VERY short for a stock shifter. I was thinking about a short-shift kit before I got the car, but now I don't think it even needs one. Sometimes for some reason I don't really get into the gate for gear 1 the first time and I need to fiddle around, but otherwise it's slick, not too light, not too rubbery nor clunky. Despite the weirdish clutch, I'd rate Honda's stick shifters in general very highly, definitely on par with a BMW stick.

The left hand cupholder gets a 3/4 plus from me. Very handy. You can even keep your phone in it if you don't want it all the way under the console. But putting anything in that blocks the vent there. Good if you have AC and a cold drink, or have the heat on with a hot drink. Bad if the other way. Also bad if you actually want to use that vent.

The car's so light. That's a good thing to begin with (unless you start looking into that post with the guy that found out the hard way that to save weight the sheet metal's so super thin and DENTABLE). But that's not all - I expected that adding weight to the car would slow it down a LOT. That's not the case! I had 2 passengers plus a load of luggage, so a combined weight of probably round 4 passengers. The car was slower, yeah, but not by much at all. Not bad.

I like to work on cars and engines. I give car washes to friends and family and check up on their cars (I always refuse, but they insist, to tip me either through a time out, beer, food, even cash). Usually the basics. Engine codes, fluid levels, basic maintenance stuff, changing between summer / winter tires. I've had experience with just a few engines, but they range from small 4 cyl, to BMW's twin turbo I6, to american V8s. The most challenging/ biggest nightmare is the BMW engine which is so tightly packed into the car and different to work on with anything. You might think this engine leaves wiggle room, but it's not nearly the nightmare that the BMW N54 is. This Honda engine is nice to work on in so many ways. It's a little tight. Trying to maximize passenger and cargo space when Honda's also trying to lose as little wasted footprint room and weight must be a delicate balance.

The amount of power the engine makes is good honestly. 130 horses in a car this light. 8ish 0-60 with the manual isn't slow. Anyone driven in Europe? Or rented cars in Europe? This type of power and speed would be considered in the mid to upper echelon of performance for a car like this. And it's fun to drive. Never drove the previous Fit, but the car takes corners well. The tires can't keep up the the chassis when you push it. Steering's light, but it could be worse, and I do pick up traces of road feeling through the wheel. Also almost no torque steer.

Anyway thanks for the inspiration and your own great writeup OP!

Old 06-07-2015, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
Pros:

1. MPG is crazy for a non-hybrid. This computer says I've averaged 41.1 and real world is just a hair under 40 (like 39.8 I think). A friend who spent 4-5k more on a fusion hybrid averages right around 41 for the whole year (winters kills his average and summers bring it up).

2. Space is awesome. At 6'5" you'd think I'd have issues but no. I mean I would love another inch or two but I don't need them. I find myself quite comfortable and friends all talk about the shock of there being so much room. Ok...the front passenger side is not what I'd call comfortable (knees come soon close to the glovebox) but...I don't sit there and none of my friends have legs as long as mine so its all good.

3. Styling. When my passion berry purple fit is all clean it is stunning.

Cons:

1. Styling. When my passion berry purple fit is dirty its pretty ugly.

2. I'd like a slightly better turning radius. Its not bad but I always feel like I should be able to make turns sharper than I do.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
I love my 2015 EX CVT. But one feature I miss is side turn lights. I had them on my Nissan Altima and they were real helpful when making turns into unlit driveways, streets, etc. They shouldn't be that expensive to be a standard feature.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Splat
To further my disappointment with HondaLink, I found yesterday I needed to pause iPod playback. Except you can't. That seems like a really basic feature to leave out.

I miss my satellite radio. In my truck I use an Xpress RC playing through an FM modulator. I haven't figured out a clean way to mount it in the Fit.
I've discovered that you can effectively pause Pandora as long as the vehicle is turned off, and you don't use the app otherwise. My GM had a pause feature for XM that was good for about 20 minutes I think. It seemed to be tricky to use. I drive to work listening to the same content I miss on XM, but better, and resume right where I left off when driving home. This makes losing XM a moot point for me.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
I've discovered that you can effectively pause Pandora as long as the vehicle is turned off, and you don't use the app otherwise. My GM had a pause feature for XM that was good for about 20 minutes I think. It seemed to be tricky to use. I drive to work listening to the same content I miss on XM, but better, and resume right where I left off when driving home. This makes losing XM a moot point for me.
I should have said mute instead of pause. Get to a drive-thru window or other situation when you need less noise from the audio system, and your only options are to turn the volume down via steering wheel control or the (hit or miss) touch screen, or power down. It needs a mute/pause/something.

While I really enjoy my Fit, had my daughters both been in forward-facing carseats, I think I'd probably be driving a Focus hatch instead. The Fit won pricing and space, but livability is a bit compromised.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Splat
My least-favorites:

- no aux audio input on the EX
- satellite radio unavailable on all but the most-expensive option
I've thought about this and came to a conclusion. With 2 USB inputs, and a total lack of need for many, it's a non-issue. The only need I can see for an aux input would be for a portable Sat radio unit. I may be wrong, but who uses an audio source with a standard audio output anymore?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
I've thought about this and came to a conclusion. With 2 USB inputs, and a total lack of need for many, it's a non-issue. The only need I can see for an aux input would be for a portable Sat radio unit. I may be wrong, but who uses an audio source with a standard audio output anymore?

I would have used the aux input (available on the LX, mind you) for my portable Sat radio unit. Since satellite radio is unavailable on the EX.

I have since found a workaround - a USB power cable for my XM Xpress RC. That, plus a much smaller FM modulator, has me up and running again. However, sound quality suffers through the modulator versus a dedicated aux input. I have to turn down the audio level on the XM unit or I get static and clipping. With an aux input, or even the old-school cassette adapter I used on my previous car, it was a non-issue.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:15 AM
I discovered with the 'relax mode' option with the seats (really?) they no longer go flat into 'long mode'. Maybe I did something wrong but there was a bump where the front seat was and made hauling rocky. Who sits back like that anyway?