3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Looking for Steering Wheel Swap Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Looking for Steering Wheel Swap Instructions

Having two weeks off for Christmas break, I'm going to try to (finally) install some mods on my EX CVT, one of which is a swap to a leather EX-L steering wheel.

15BlkPrl did this mod, but did not document the actual swap, and he does not seem to have posted here in quite some time.

I can probably figure it out myself, but if anyone knows of a thread or video showing the details of the swap, please reply with same - it will be a big help and save a lot of time!

Thx,

es

Old 12-19-2015, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Gen 2 steering wheel swap, for audio controls

I, too, am thinking about a leather wrapped steering wheel, but it's too cold outside. I'm thinking about doing the wrap on my existing steering wheel.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:23 AM
I have just fitted a cover/glove to my UK spec 09 Jazz.

Linky

The Chinglish instructions take a bit of reading and re reading before the penny drops but the photos supplied help. Its reasonably easy to install if you do a couple of dry runs and take your time.

The only 'problem' I had is the flappy paddles for my iShift. The leather needs trimming to get round the mounts, but its all fairly obvious once you look.

Looks great and feels wonderful to the touch.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Gen 2 steering wheel swap, for audio controls

I, too, am thinking about a leather wrapped steering wheel, but it's too cold outside. I'm thinking about doing the wrap on my existing steering wheel.
That's for a 2nd gen and I have a 3rd (GK), but it will probably be helpful as to general location of screws/bolts, etc.

I should have clarified that I already have an EX-L wheel sitting in the shop, ready to go...

es

Old 06-14-2017, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
That's for a 2nd gen and I have a 3rd (GK), but it will probably be helpful as to general location of screws/bolts, etc.

I should have clarified that I already have an EX-L wheel sitting in the shop, ready to go...

es
Did you ever get this done?

Old 06-16-2017, 07:41 AM
I just recently did this on my 2017 EX, and it took far less time/effort than expected.

Getting the wheel out was simple,:
Disconnect the battery (wait 15 minutes or so after)
2 allen keys on the rear of the wheel for the airbag
Carefully disconnect 2 connectors (they come off easy)
Remove the large nut in the center of the wheel (you will likely need a breaker bar)
Before removing the wheel, mark the center/12 o'clock of the shaft with a sharpie

As for transferring the trim, someone did a write up on here but my experience was pretty different, you'll have to remove all little screws before beginning to pry at the trim, be patient. The back cover needed some convincing and anger but came off with no damage since its a softer plastic.

Hope that helped, DM me if you have any questions.