3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

100,384 miles update

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Update?

I am just wondering if you could update us on the reliability of the Fit? I am strongly considering a Fit for my business, I drive approximately 1000 mikes a week. How's the transmission holding up? Current mileage? Thanks so much

Old 05-12-2017, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
I am glad to hear the Fit is so reliable. I bought it for the same purpose plus good gas mileage.

Last edited by wasserball; 05-12-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mike Rehbein
I am just wondering if you could update us on the reliability of the Fit? I am strongly considering a Fit for my business, I drive approximately 1000 mikes a week. How's the transmission holding up? Current mileage? Thanks so much
Last I've seen is that HH has sold the fit. Apparently he was unhappy that the catalytic converter was not covered in his extended warranty.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Am I the only one that actually likes the radio touch controls?
I don't really get the hatred.

Sure I find myself using the steering wheel volume control more often. But when I want to use the touch control? It works fine. No problem.

And I really, really like the cleaner and I think more modern look of NOT having a knob.

So put me in the minority that likes the touch screen volume control.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Am I the only one that actually likes the radio touch controls?

Sure I find myself using the steering wheel volume control more often. But when I want to use the touch control? It works fine. No problem.

And I really, really like the cleaner and I think more modern look of NOT having a knob.

So put me in the minority that likes the touch screen volume control.
Same here. I find the infotainment system to be intuitive.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:17 PM
I do.

In concept, I dislike button controls on a steering wheel. The idea that a car stereo, the controls for which are already within reach, should clutter a steering wheel isn't great. Clearly, many buyers don't share my distaste on this, but the steering wheel button seems a bandaid for a substandard stereo control.

A touch screen may make sense for a tablet or PC at which one is looking. A knob can be controlled exclusively by feel and is an act with which drivers will be familiar and at which most of us are adept.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nobdy
I dislike button controls on a steering wheel.
To each his/her own.
But that doesn't make much sense to me.
Across the board, the standard is becoming more within reach steering wheel controls for volume, and cruise control and integrated phone operation.

The buttons are very carefully designed and placed so that if you are just grabbing the steering wheel...you're just grabbing the steering wheel.
Unless you have the mutated hands of an Ogre, I wouldn't call it "clutter".

I don't see where it's better to have to reach over and turn a dial...as opposed to simply and without even having to look- press a steering wheel button. Seems a whole lot safer. I'm for anything that allows me to NOT take my eyes off the road.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:22 PM
To each his/her own.
But that doesn't make much sense to me.
Across the board, the standard is becoming more within reach steering wheel controls for volume, and cruise control and integrated phone operation.
I agree that the ship has sailed on that point and buttons on the wheel is the current standard. I just don't favor it. My guess would be that wheel buttons represent the convergence of more complex technology in ordinary cars and a new generation of drivers familiar with video game controls.

Cruise control was around long before wheel buttons and Mercedes historically had excellent stalk controls for this.

I don't see where it's better to have to reach over and turn a dial...as opposed to simply and without even having to look- press a steering wheel button. Seems a whole lot safer. I'm for anything that allows me to NOT take my eyes off the road.
That's the problem with a touch screen that's usable while driving. To use a touch screen, one has to be looking at it while using it because it's just a flat screen without tactile feedback. It isn't that one takes his eyes off the road momentarily to locate the screen, but that one must re-focus and keep focus on the screen while using it. That's not the best option for a control to be used in traffic.

There isn't a similar issue with a knob which does not have to be seen to be used effectively.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:39 AM
Real world proof Honda is still #1 in reliable and durable.