3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Engine/Acceleration Problems 2015 LX CVT

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Engine/Acceleration Problems 2015 LX CVT

I have a 2015 Fit with about 38K miles. At some point in the last 6 months or so, I started noticed a "hiccup" when driving on the highway. It would happen maybe once a day. It felt a little like the accelerator stopped for a microsecond or like the tires spun a little without traction. It's difficult to describe. When I brought it to the dealer--they said that updating the software would fix it. I didn't and so I'm bringing it back in again.

In the meantime, I was driving on the highway (at about 65 mph) and a car sped up behind me really fast, flashing its lights. I couldn't move in either the right or left lane to escape this driver and so I hit the accelerator hard to try and move ahead so I could switch lanes. When I did this, the accelerator stopped working completely and the engine stopped. The check engine light went on. I was able to drift over into the shoulder to get out of traffic (scary & dangerous!). I turned the ignition off and then back on. The check engine light went off and the car resumed to normal. I drove in the slow lane until I was sure it was okay. This was 2 weeks ago and hasn't happen since.

When I explained this to the dealer, they said that they wouldn't be able to replicate the problem and so couldn't do anything about it. I told them I felt this put my safety at risk and they better find a way to do something about it.

I did some web searches and some on this forum, but haven't found any problems with the fit that match this experience.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Did your dealer check for the ignition coil recall? Did they check for codes associated with the CEL?

Old 02-15-2016, 08:02 PM
I am scheduled to have the car looked at for a 3rd time on Wednesday. The first time they looked at it (with regards to the "hiccup") they did a software upgrade, but that was it. The second time (with regards to the engine stopping on the highway during acceleration), they said they looked at everything and it was "normal." I don't believe that they checked for the ignition coil recall. I don't know what the "codes associated with the CEL" are.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
As they say before it might be the ignition coil. What you can do is buy a dash cam and a odb2 port and download torque. Try to emulate what you did and see if something weird happen. Is something happen now you have prove and the dealer can address your issue.