3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JDM headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
JDM headlights are made for RHD, so the cutoff will be on the wrong side. You'll be throwing glare at oncoming traffic.

Now, if you could find some European spec headlights you might have something.
Originally Posted by cgs2000
@nomenclator

I'm several years older than you and definitely need better help with night vision. If you find a good solution, please let me know.
I've found the beam pattern of the European E-Code headlights to be much better than the DOT beam pattern.

Don't know what might be available or what will fit a US Fit, though.

Interestingly, the beam pattern on my BMW's HID headlights looks very E-Code.

I did look into replacing them (the plastic lenses became cloudy) and replacement E-Code BMW headlights seem plentiful on fleabay -- original BMW, or Hella or Valeo which it think is OEM but at a lower price.

Attached Thumbnails JDM headlights-51mhnpuufel.jpg   JDM headlights-img_205.jpg  
Old 06-09-2021, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cgs2000
@nomenclator

I'm several years older than you and definitely need better help with night vision. If you find a good solution, please let me know.
I do not plan to shut off DRLs or drill/wire new fixtures, but sensible advice is appreciated.
So far these have worked out ok, a lot better than the stock incandescents. They work with the daytime running light function of the car. In DRL mode the high beam LEDs light up, but not as brightly as they light up in high beam mode, at night.

I think I have been using the LED "bulbs" for more than a year now, with no problems. The review entitled "Nice product but high beam is not bright enough" is mine.

While the device rotation cannot be adjusted, no adjustment was necessary.

I am happy with the DRL function. I am happy with the level of brightness of the low beam, and with the way it is focused, however I am not happy with the high beam. High beam is the same brightness as low beam, but spread out over a larger area, so it looks less bright. Every time I switch to high beam, I see the light being focused further down the road, that is good, but I see a decrease in intensity, and that is disappointing. I should have known that beforehand, because the specs indicate the same number of LEDs for low beam as for high beam, and the specs indicate the same current draw, power, and brightness. So I was able to deduce they would not look as bright on high beam, but it didn't occur to me that it would feel disappointing to me.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
So far these have worked out ok, a lot better than the stock incandescents. They work with the daytime running light function of the car. In DRL mode the high beam LEDs light up, but not as brightly as they light up in high beam mode, at night.

I think I have been using the LED "bulbs" for more than a year now, with no problems. The review entitled "Nice product but high beam is not bright enough" is mine.

While the device rotation cannot be adjusted, no adjustment was necessary.

I am happy with the DRL function. I am happy with the level of brightness of the low beam, and with the way it is focused, however I am not happy with the high beam. High beam is the same brightness as low beam, but spread out over a larger area, so it looks less bright. Every time I switch to high beam, I see the light being focused further down the road, that is good, but I see a decrease in intensity, and that is disappointing. I should have known that beforehand, because the specs indicate the same number of LEDs for low beam as for high beam, and the specs indicate the same current draw, power, and brightness. So I was able to deduce they would not look as bright on high beam, but it didn't occur to me that it would feel disappointing to me.
does this still work with DRLs??? do you need the extra thing so the car doesn't flip out?

NM, i see that it still works but do you need the canceller things or whatever they call them at all for these cars? the resistor kit or whatever it is called?

can you add some photos of your install? I'd like to see how others have routed the extra bits. Any other "gotchas" for these kits we need to know?

Last edited by bigbacon; 12-05-2022 at 10:26 AM.