3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2017 honda fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
The headlamps in my '09 Fit were WAY too low, but fine after I adjusted them. My '15 has no such issues.
U r right. My 13' was low, especially after HID's. Now that im lowered, it def needs to be done again. But getting back on subject "im sorry", Hondas do 5yr life cycles. One year 4 the care gets a mostly exterior update with updated technology and luxo upgrades to match cars that are redesigned at Hondas mid-cycle (Toyota Camry being one). This will be 2018 for FIT, 2017 for Accord, 2017 Acura ILX, and etc... I know the 8th gen Accord (08-13) I had ad mid-cycle, the sedan got the look of JDM accord plus USB as well as the usual SE trim which was the EX-L trim on LX with smaller alloy wheels instead of hub caps. I bet the 18 FIT will look more like the JDM one with LED DRL amongst other things like full LED brake lights. Maybe even an SE with bigger wheels and updated features we didnt get on USDM cars.

I however plan on going back upscale to a used TLX/RLX when my car is paid for 2018. I'll be 40yo and being the CEO of a flight school, I wanna feel like one...lolol. I'll never leave honda so I left my TL for FIT to save for start-up cash and my plan was to go back to a TLX/RLX after. We'll see.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 05-05-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
I figure the mid-cycle "refresh" won't be anything that exotic. I think it will more likely be along the mid-cycle refresh of the GE Fit. New grille/front bumper cover, restyled alloy wheels for the EX, a couple of new colors, maybe a couple of features of the EX will move down to the LX.

Remember, the Fit is sort of a "loss leader" in the US market, so I'm not expecting much.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member
Good to hear.

Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
North America receives no Fits from China. Most are from Mexico and the rest from Japan.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
But are there ANY Chinese made cars whatsoever under any car name on North American roads?

Old 05-08-2016, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by woof
But are there ANY Chinese made cars whatsoever under any car name on North American roads?
Buick Envision, if not now, shortly.

http://www.buick.com/envision/

Old 05-08-2016, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Geely / 吉利汽车 Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd, is expected to have an SUV available in North America this year 2016. They also own Volvo.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Geely is a Chinese multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang. Its principal products are automobiles, taxis, motorcycles, engines, and transmissions. source
Chinese cars are certainly coming, but you won't find me buying one for quite a long time. Chinese motorcycles, both electric and gas, as well as ebikes, are already here in North America.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:24 PM
The same question, replacing "Chinese" with "Japanese" could have been asked in 1965. Now the Japanese cars, particularly those actually made in Japan, are the most desirable for most buyers.

If the Chinese come up with a Tesla-beater and sell it through Wal-Mart at a reasonable price it would revolutionize the automobile market. The traditional dealers are scared of Tesla but they haven't seen nothin' yet!

Old 05-09-2016, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry but I'd disagree. The Japanese quickly embraced the concept of Quality in the early days as they built up the country's manufacturing and they fanatically applied it to everything. The Chinese have done no such thing. They have embraced "cheap". The only real quality which comes out of China is from factories owned, and operated by foreign companies. And even then .....

Efforts by Chinese car companies to begin the foreign invasion by using Australia as a start have had dismal results, not helped by one Chinese car company getting caught using asbestos parts on it's cars (asbestos is banned in Australia).

Old 05-09-2016, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
The same question, replacing "Chinese" with "Japanese" could have been asked in 1965. Now the Japanese cars, particularly those actually made in Japan, are the most desirable for most buyers.

If the Chinese come up with a Tesla-beater and sell it through Wal-Mart at a reasonable price it would revolutionize the automobile market. The traditional dealers are scared of Tesla but they haven't seen nothin' yet!
If only it was that simple. I have lived in both China and Japan, and their cultures are quite different. Japan has a fastidious attention to detail, a commitment to make their product and therefore their company's quality better. They call it "kaizen", or continuous improvement. This originally came from the American guy Demming. This is why your Fit is such a high quality and reliable car.

The Chinese strategy is to try to cheat their way to higher profitability through cheaper raw material substitution and cutting corners, and hope no one will notice. Unfortunately almost everyone does. There also seems to be little regard for the safety of those who buy their product. It is this blatant disregard for consumer safety that is most concerning. I recall the 2008 powdered baby milk formula scandal in China, where the factories substituted melamine for milk powder, in order to further whiten the product. This resulted in uncountable babies dieing or getting hurt. The toll was uncountable because it was hushed up by the government.

Japanese work hard to look for new and better ways and reengineer in order to cut costs. Chinese substitute cheaper raw materials in the hopes you'll not notice, in order to cut costs. China needs a radical change of management philosophy in order to compete globally, and though I hope this happens, and I'm paying attention, I don't see this shift any time soon.

If the Chinese come up with a Tesla-beater ...at a reasonable price, I'd worry about the battery exploding. Sometimes cultural attributes appear in the product.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gorilla
Honda doesn't usually make any radical changes until a mid generation refresh, which will be 2018, possibly released in fall 2017.
the automotive news said to expect a mild refresh in 17 or 18

Old 05-11-2016, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
2012-2014 Canadian Fits are made in China:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/21/bu...h-america.html

Old 05-12-2016, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hampton1
2012-2014 Canadian Fits are made in China:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/21/bu...h-america.html
Interesting... I like this comment below a photo of a GE fit "A version of the Honda Fit has arrived in Canada from China."

Old 05-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Hello,
I am also interested in buying a current model fit and really wanting Honda Sensing for what ever reason... Did not see it being mentioned and google did not return any result. Any thing flying around about Honda sensing being offer on Fit in future?

Old 05-25-2016, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
I think when the mid-cycle refresh arrives in calendar year 2017, I do expect Honda to offer a car stereo with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto support as an option on the EX model.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Any guesses as to when the 2017 Fit will be sold in the US (I know that it'll be almost identical to the 2016)? Maybe Sept/ Oct 2016?

Old 06-01-2016, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blazej
Any guesses as to when the 2017 Fit will be sold in the US (I know that it'll be almost identical to the 2016)? Maybe Sept/ Oct 2016?
If ME2016 is any indicator, It'll be November-December. This is what happened late 2015.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:01 PM
*** EDIT *** You're right, TorontoBoy- now the dealership is saying Nov.-Dec.

Last edited by Alfie; 06-14-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:40 AM
2016 leathe fits built in mexico

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
The only change for '16 was the move of production back to Japan and the unavailability of manual transmissions.
With the exceprion of the Fits with leather....they are still built in Mexico

Old 06-12-2016, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amy2albright@gmail.com
With the exceprion of the Fits with leather....they are still built in Mexico
As are what few manuals are being built.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:47 PM
Funny how the conversation went toward Chinese and Tesla.
Just to add, but a couple of the new EV start-ups are Chinese backed, Faraday Future being one, who are targeting Tesla.

How well will they do? Anyone's best guess, but they don't have one thing for sure and that's Elon Musk.