3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Brake Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Brake Problem?

Good morning,

Yesterday i noticed something weird about my brakes with my 2016 FIT LX.

As I was driving up my driveway slowly, I pressed on my brake pedal to stop the car midway up my driveway. With the car fully stopped on an incline, i decided to press the brake again for no reason and noticed the brake was harder to press than when I first pressed it. (The car was on and in drive this whole situation.)

Why would the brakes get harder to press even though my car was on and in drive?

I noticed that if i pressed on the gas pedal a little bit, the brake pedal would soften and become normal.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
I think you just engaged the "hill hold" feature the first time you pressed the brake pedal on the incline. When you pressed the pedal again, it felt "firmer" because the brakes were already on. If you had taken your foot off the brake instead, you would have noticed that the brakes would have stayed on for about two seconds. Pressing the gas pedal releases the brakes so the felt "normal" again. Sounds normal to me.

Clever, those Honda folks.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I think you just engaged the "hill hold" feature the first time you pressed the brake pedal on the incline. When you pressed the pedal again, it felt "firmer" because the brakes were already on. If you had taken your foot off the brake instead, you would have noticed that the brakes would have stayed on for about two seconds. Pressing the gas pedal releases the brakes so the felt "normal" again. Sounds normal to me.

Clever, those Honda folks.
Would this not depend on if it is a manual or CVT trans (not specified in OP)??? Can't believe they'd put "hill hold" on an automatic, but.....hell, I've been wrong before

Old 01-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Would this not depend on if it is a manual or CVT trans (not specified in OP)??? Can't believe they'd put "hill hold" on an automatic, but.....hell, I've been wrong before
Our Prius V has a CVT and brake hill hold feature.