3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Need new tires 2015 LX- which are best?

Old 04-25-2017, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Odie
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Exactly... 1 opinion versus hundreds of positive reviews on tire rack, I think I'll take my chances: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Speed+Rated%29

Just recently went to 205/50/16 RT43 and am happy over the stock tires.
You're right. You guys are experts, I'm a moron who wouldn't know a good tire if it hit me in the face and these opinions are worlds more valuable than mine.

-2000 Ford Taurus SE Sedan - For the price, very impressed with characteristics

-2005 Pontiac Vibe - Best tire I have owned so far.

-2011 Accord - After 10k problems started to show. Road noise increased dramatically. Whenever I drive above 45mph there is a really annoying humming sound, and it has only gone louder since. Snow and icey traction reduced to the point where I wanted to switch tires right there. Gotten into a few close calls with turns and breaking during snowy conditions where when newer would of did fine in. Still got more than 50% tread left. Would of liked to use the remaining 35k or so tread life but it is too unbearable. 15 minutes into the highway and I'm getting annoyed. Will definitely not go into another snow drive with these.

Now that is some praise. So we've got two people who are clearly 100% cost motivated saying they're fine & one person saying they're dangerous, loud garbage.

But hey, Odie has started 293847293487 threads about his mediocre fuel economy & tires, he must be an expert on all things rubber & round. And 2Rismo compared new tires to worn out poorly rated stock tires.

Ace reviews guys. Absolutely ace. Can you review photography? The NYT may want to replace Teju Cole with one of y'all.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:08 PM
I ended up with the Firestone Champion Fuel Fighters. Very nice, soft and quiet ride. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Nothing like buying garbage for the most important safety component

That's the status quo here. Most are incredibly frugal and/or don't value their life? I've never seen a bunch more concerned about getting the last ounce of life from a tire, getting the cheapest replacement tire along with free lifetime balance and rotation. Oh, add that replacement tire needs to last 90K miles, work over inflated so they can get two miles per gallon better fuel economy and not bend their wheel, damage the shock towers or crack their frame rails.

Im in the minority' by thinking my life is worth more than the savings difference between good tires and cheap crap?

Old 04-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Don't forget the importance of new wiper blades...

Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
That's the status quo here. Most are incredibly frugal and/or don't value their life? I've never seen a bunch more concerned about getting the last ounce of life from a tire, getting the cheapest replacement tire along with free lifetime balance and rotation. Oh, add that replacement tire needs to last 90K miles, work over inflated so they can get two miles per gallon better fuel economy and not bend their wheel, damage the shock towers or crack their frame rails.

Im in the minority' by thinking my life is worth more than the savings difference between good tires and cheap crap?
On this site you 100% are.

I thought I cheaped out with Yoko Avid Ascend, but based on a lot of threads I really broke the bank for my car...and I CAN'T STAND my Fit.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
You're right. You guys are experts, I'm a moron who wouldn't know a good tire if it hit me in the face and these opinions are worlds more valuable than mine.
Truer words have never been spoken and proves even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes

The Fit is the budget car in the Honda lineup. People bought it to save money so it's not surprising they want to save on maintenance too. My Fit is my commuter car. These tires work well for the designed purposes. Seems to me you're overthinking it.

If you want to spend $20 more on tires, do it. If you want to replace them at 4/32, I couldn't care less.

For people who hate this car, you sure do post a lot on this forum.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Truer words have never been spoken and proves even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes

The Fit is the budget car in the Honda lineup. People bought it to save money so it's not surprising they want to save on maintenance too. My Fit is my commuter car. These tires work well for the designed purposes. Seems to me you're overthinking it.

If you want to spend $20 more on tires, do it. If you want to replace them at 4/32, I couldn't care less.

For people who hate this car, you sure do post a lot on this forum.
Got it. So safety doesn't matter & cheap cars should 100% have safety measures cheaped out on.

Moron.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Got it. So safety doesn't matter & cheap cars should 100% have safety measures cheaped out on.

Moron.
Your words not mine so whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's good you sign your posts that way so people know who they're talking to...

Old 04-26-2017, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member

Mike:

They don't get it, and will never get it. It's not worth the time. We know the 2/32" is a minimum safety standard setup by the government so people, maybe many on this forum wouldn't drive to the tires were down to the cords. Who knows, some probably do anyway? Unfortunately, it will probably take them hydroplaning and spinning out while changing lanes in a rainstorm to understand? Even then they probably won't and will blame the tire manufacturer? Hopefully, if something like that happens they won't get hurt or killed, but if they do there's another $80 to leave as inheritance.