3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My new 2018 Honda Fit Sport "Orange Fury"

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 07:35 PM
and I ordered mine here:

Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!

They've got great customer service! Highly recommended.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Thanks!,ashchuckton!

Old 09-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GodFather
Congrats!! Now I hope you didn't buy it upside down. LOL
haha, i believe he's in australia.

congrats, OP.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by GodFather
and I ordered mine here:

Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!

They've got great customer service! Highly recommended.
Sweet! I'll look into this for sure. Sounds like a straight forward install. Thanks for the tip.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
haha, i believe he's in australia.

congrats, OP.
haha I'm from Fayetteville, Arkansas. It's up in the NW corner close to Oklahoma and Missouri. Love it here!

Old 09-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by alexwaynemiller
I'm really interested in getting some wheels spacers. In my limited research, it sounds like 25mm spacers might be the sweet spot.
If you go with spacers, my suggestion is go with 10mm front, 15mm rear. This will give you a little wiggle room in case you bump up a size in tires to 205/50/16.

With the upcoming HFP suspension drop at -1/2", you should be fine.

You may get away with more/less offset since your drop is half of the minimum drop of most lowering springs.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
If you go with spacers, my suggestion is go with 10mm front, 15mm rear. This will give you a little wiggle room in case you bump up a size in tires to 205/50/16.

With the upcoming HFP suspension drop at -1/2", you should be fine.

You may get away with more/less offset since your drop is half of the minimum drop of most lowering springs.
Good idea. I do plan on going up in tire size eventually. I was considering the wheels that come in the HFP package originally, but decided there were other wheels out there that I like more for the same money that the dealer was asking.

I have a feeling that I will want to go a little lower eventually, but for now I think I'll be happy with the slight drop from the HFP suspension.

Any preferences as far as spacers go?

Old 09-04-2017, 09:12 PM

Any preferences as far as spacers go?

I recently went with H&R DRS Trak+. I've used them before on other cars and never had issues with quality. They are also hubcentric and come with wheel studs. A little pricier, but its a "one stop" shop.

There may be cheaper options available which can be used with ARP wheel studs.

I'm sure others will chime in.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
I recently went with H&R DRS Trak+. I've used them before on other cars and never had issues with quality. They are also hubcentric and come with wheel studs. A little pricier, but its a "one stop" shop.

There may be cheaper options available which can be used with ARP wheel studs.

I'm sure others will chime in.
I'll check them out. Thanks for the suggestions. Let me know if you have any more. I'm very open to ideas at this point. I have a few ideas of what I want to do with the car, but who knows where I will for sure end up.

And yes! Others can for sure chime in.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Just to toss in my $0.02 on the Progress rear bar......I put one on our '15 last year a little while after we bought it. It's not a earth shaking change, but, if you like to toss the car around a bit, the difference is well worth it. As far as it changing ride, or anything, my wife can't tell it's there, just as a frame of reference.....we have a lot of twisty back country roads around here, live not far from the mountains, and live not far from the Tail of the Dragon. The Progress bar was worth it to me. I just need fatter rubber, but previous owner had just put new tires on it before he traded it in and I'm to cheap to take off perfectly good tires

Old 09-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Just to toss in my $0.02 on the Progress rear bar......I put one on our '15 last year a little while after we bought it. It's not a earth shaking change, but, if you like to toss the car around a bit, the difference is well worth it. As far as it changing ride, or anything, my wife can't tell it's there, just as a frame of reference.....we have a lot of twisty back country roads around here, live not far from the mountains, and live not far from the Tail of the Dragon. The Progress bar was worth it to me. I just need fatter rubber, but previous owner had just put new tires on it before he traded it in and I'm to cheap to take off perfectly good tires
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
haha I'm from Fayetteville, Arkansas. It's up in the NW corner close to Oklahoma and Missouri. Love it here!
yah, i know. i saw your location. i was just kidding cause australia is on the other side of the globe facing up side down compared to us in the USA.

have fun with ur new ride!