3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Adding leather interior to 2017 Fit EX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Rob H
As someone else had posted the Katzkin stuff is nice.

A more simplified approach might just be to use Car-part.com and buy OEM leather

Search Results
Never thought of that option. Thanks.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
I have to say I was not very impressed with the OEM leather in the EX-L trim. It was not very soft. I understand the Fit is the cheapest model, but if you're going to be paying 2K extra for the EX-L, then it better be nice leather. I went in thinking I wanted and EX-L, and drove home in an EX after I sat and felt the leather.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I have to say I was not very impressed with the OEM leather in the EX-L trim. It was not very soft. I understand the Fit is the cheapest model, but if you're going to be paying 2K extra for the EX-L, then it better be nice leather. I went in thinking I wanted and EX-L, and drove home in an EX after I sat and felt the leather.
The leather seats were something I considered but I knew right away the EX-L was never an option for me. The navigation was redundant after they added Android Auto and I have no use for heated seats in Los Angeles. The plan for me is to invest in a nice set of seat covers and get the look/feel I want for a lot less money.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, i never understood leather seats on this trim car. i mean in other countries where cost of living is high and parking an issue in the city and burbs i can understand people wanting a mini luxuryish car (one for the entire family), but in the USA im like it's a cheap hatch. utility first..

leather scratches easily if you bump a piece of wood or anything remotely sharp. if you want a nice leather interior hatch for the pleasure of motoring, be prepared to pay another $10K.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WindyMan
The leather seats were something I considered but I knew right away the EX-L was never an option for me. The navigation was redundant after they added Android Auto and I have no use for heated seats in Los Angeles. The plan for me is to invest in a nice set of seat covers and get the look/feel I want for a lot less money.
As far as I know, the EX-L can be ordered with or without Navi.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, i never understood leather seats on this trim car. i mean in other countries where cost of living is high and parking an issue in the city and burbs i can understand people wanting a mini luxuryish car (one for the entire family), but in the USA im like it's a cheap hatch. utility first..

leather scratches easily if you bump a piece of wood or anything remotely sharp. if you want a nice leather interior hatch for the pleasure of motoring, be prepared to pay another $10K.
Yeah I do not really consider it luxury because it's offered in the EX-L version of the Fit. It could just as easily be offered as an option in the EX. Because I have a manual transmission I do not have the option of leather surfaces. But your point is well taken.