3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Detailed Pictures of OEM Cargo Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
There are obviously some very creative cargo cover designs out there. Please post your design. I'm sure others would like to see them. This will encourage others to do the same.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thadhouse
Yeah I was planning on building a box out of polycarbonate VersaFrame, and just covering that with a thinner board. I really like the idea of LED's, so I probably would do so.

Also that car is awesome! Always good to see FRC being shown off outside of ChiefDelphi.
I didn't even know they were making versaframe from polycarb. You have to drill down to the very bottom page at Vexpro to even find it. Everything above that level says the material is aluminum. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the compliment! I call my car our "mentor recruiting tool". It's a great conversation starter. I've lost track of how many times people in parking lots have asked me "What's Triple Helix robotics?" The kids on the team love it, too. Everyone wants to ride with me when we drive to competitions.

What team are you with?

Old 09-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by ToddF
I didn't even know they were making versaframe from polycarb. You have to drill down to the very bottom page at Vexpro to even find it. Everything above that level says the material is aluminum. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the compliment! I call my car our "mentor recruiting tool". It's a great conversation starter. I've lost track of how many times people in parking lots have asked me "What's Triple Helix robotics?" The kids on the team love it, too. Everyone wants to ride with me when we drive to competitions.

What team are you with?
I bet. And with the size of current robots you could even fit it in the car easily with the seats down if necessary.

I was a mentor on 4488 Shockwave for a few years, then moved to SoCal and haven't really gotten back into mentoring yet. I've helped 3476 a bit down here though. I mainly spend my time developing the WPILib libraries nowadays, which reaches a lot more teams so is a great feeling.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Name:  Y5cLQr5.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  4.21 MB

Name:  jjfb27F.jpg
Size:  4.30 MB

Name:  2xaznGW.jpg
Size:  4.03 MB

Name:  oevCJB8.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  2.78 MB

Name:  OO9BvHU.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  3.04 MB

Name:  CTQym95.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  2.24 MB

Old 09-22-2017, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson

Hey Action, Great photos, but that shadow line might throw a wrench into his measurements. Could you retake these two photos without the large shadow line?

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2017, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be curious as to what you end up with in the end. Please return and post some pictures of whatever finished product you end up with.

I have an OEM cover. And I really, really like it. BUT yes, IMO Honda charges way too much for it, given the materials it actually represents.

I repeat like a Parrot, in nearly every Cargo Cover thread, that I think Honda should make them standard for all Fits.
I think dealerships like displaying The Fits without the cover, to give the illusion of more space. I also think they like the idea of selling you a cover if possible.

But outside of The Fit? I've never bought a Hatch back that did NOT come with a cover standard. It's a little cheap of Honda IMO to not simply have those covers as something that comes with the vehicle.