3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

CoverKing vs Competition

Old 09-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Post CoverKing vs Competition

So after taking my doggo to the park a few times it is apparent I will need seat covers. I have a Krugru fro the back part when the seats are flat, but my front seats keep getting slobber on them.

So my hope is that anyone with a link will drop them here! I have looked at Clazzio, and NOOOO I will not pay 500$ for some leather sleeves.
I looked at CoverKing and I like the 200ish price range of there 'durable' models.

Which did you choose? Why? Throw up pictures if you got them!

Old 09-18-2017, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
I'm reading between the lines here, but it sounds like you have two priorities. Durability and Protection and Budget.

If that's the case, then perhaps Clazzio's aren't for you. Just because I think Clazzio's even though they are covers, are more like re-upholstering. They are designed to look nearly factory when installed. Really Nice. So your dogs would be slobbering on something...you wouldn't want slobbered on.

Therefore, you probably do want to look at other options, designed to cover and protect as the higher priority.
I've read posts, where people are pretty happy with the "Wet Suit" neoprene options. But I have no experience with these options. Good Luck.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
If I had a dog, I would toss a cheap blanket from Walmart in the back. Better yet, fold the seats down so your doggie has plenty of space to mess around. Why a cheap blanket? Easy to remove and wash, and you don't want your passengers to sit on doggie mess when doggie isn't around.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Old 09-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by fitchet
I'm reading between the lines here, but it sounds like you have two priorities. Durability and Protection and Budget.

If that's the case, then perhaps Clazzio's aren't for you. Just because I think Clazzio's even though they are covers, are more like re-upholstering. They are designed to look nearly factory when installed. Really Nice. So your dogs would be slobbering on something...you wouldn't want slobbered on.

Therefore, you probably do want to look at other options, designed to cover and protect as the higher priority.
I've read posts, where people are pretty happy with the "Wet Suit" neoprene options. But I have no experience with these options. Good Luck.
Thanks for the input. I have been leaning towards the neoprene style. Looking to see if I can find info on neoprene vs neosupreme* and such as well. It seems like true neoprene would be tougher, but not sure.
Ha exactly the reason, I don't want doggo to ruin the fancy seat covers

Old 09-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by wasserball
If I had a dog, I would toss a cheap blanket from Walmart in the back. Better yet, fold the seats down so your doggie has plenty of space to mess around. Why a cheap blanket? Easy to remove and wash, and you don't want your passengers to sit on doggie mess when doggie isn't around.
I use a Krugru that clips to the back of my front headressts all the way down to the clips by the gate with the back seats folded down. It's waterproof and washable. But it's the front seats that are getting slobbered! She peaking her head up front and leaving ribbons of drool on the sides.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
The question or challenge becomes, even a neoprene option at around $200 dollars is nice. And unfortunately dogs can be pretty damaging.
Is anything you install going to be something you are happy with your dogs slowly destroying?
That leaves me leaning towards blankets and other cheaper purely sacrificial options. Maybe even to use WITH a Neoprene cover.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
The question or challenge becomes, even a neoprene option at around $200 dollars is nice. And unfortunately dogs can be pretty damaging.
Is anything you install going to be something you are happy with your dogs slowly destroying?
That leaves me leaning towards blankets and other cheaper purely sacrificial options. Maybe even to use WITH a Neoprene cover.
I will more than likely have towels and the covers lol, same thinking on that one!
The big thing for me is having a semi-decent option. The dog is just a drool machine, she is not allowed in the front seats so no worries there. I SCUBA for work and eat up neoprene every year, but I put it through hell and back.
That and the covers do have a 2-year warranty. I also do pressure washing and lawn jobs. So my nasty self after a job needs a barrier.

I was just seeing if there were any other brands or materials people may have used other than the two big names.

Last edited by SouthernFitFella; 09-21-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: needed to add a little.