3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Freshly Tinted Ryu

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 02:18 PM
Freshly Tinted Ryu

Just added Llumar CTX 50 on all the glass. We had some scorching temps last week and the Fits front windshield, although nice to look out of, was just welcoming too much sunshine for my comfort. The AC was just fighting a battle with the dashboard.

I had cheaper film on my beater RAV4 before. It was kind of effective because of the reduced VLT (visible light transmission), but I splurged on the ceramic. Just driving it home I could already feel the difference. AC was just set on 1 and I think it shut it off completely somewhere on the highway because it was a little too cold.

*it's an overcast day, but the second pic probably shows a better view of the clarity at 50%.

Last edited by ieandro; 07-06-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Looks sharp! Wish my state allowed all-around tint...**

Old 07-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Nicely done, Its amazing what a difference the tint makes functionally and visually.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Thanks!

I wasn't even into the privacy aspect of it but for the comfort. I wish the most states would just see the benefits of the heat reduction abilities. I mean automotive tints have come a long way from cheapo limo tints to virtually clear tech. It would be nice to have it embedded in the glass from the factory instead of the traditional methods of cutting and pasting. Hopefully it'll be mandatory as a health risk reduction like how backup cams are now mandatory.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
lllumar is good stuff. i run pinnacle on my cars. well my GK got da cheap stuff and only partially efficient.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by ieandro
Thanks!

I wasn't even into the privacy aspect of it but for the comfort. I wish the most states would just see the benefits of the heat reduction abilities. I mean automotive tints have come a long way from cheapo limo tints to virtually clear tech. It would be nice to have it embedded in the glass from the factory instead of the traditional methods of cutting and pasting. Hopefully it'll be mandatory as a health risk reduction like how backup cams are now mandatory.
Our windows are (lightly) tinted from the factory and offer UV protection ad some heat barrier. Just like any modern car, or so you would think.
When I was in Europe last summer I rented a Citroen C1 base and the car was an actual greenhouse. It had no tint or any UV protection whatsoever. And no AC.
I later found out that "tinted" windowas are actually an option and most basic cars are equipped with a clear glass.
Here in Canada most all SUVs come with rear windows tinted dark. Sedans and coupes, not so much.
In British Columbia where I live tint on front windows is illegal, so the car looks kinda stupid half-done like that.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ieandro
Just added Llumar CTX 50 on all the glass. We had some scorching temps last week and the Fits front windshield, although nice to look out of, was just welcoming too much sunshine for my comfort. The AC was just fighting a battle with the dashboard.

I had cheaper film on my beater RAV4 before. It was kind of effective because of the reduced VLT (visible light transmission), but I splurged on the ceramic. Just driving it home I could already feel the difference. AC was just set on 1 and I think it shut it off completely somewhere on the highway because it was a little too cold.

*it's an overcast day, but the second pic probably shows a better view of the clarity at 50%.
In addition to the many benefits of tinted windows, they sure look beautiful, especially on a white Honda Fit Sport...

Old 07-11-2018, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
lllumar is good stuff. i run pinnacle on my cars. well my GK got da cheap stuff and only partially efficient.
llumar pinnacle on my other cars as well. llumar air (ceramic) for the front windshield, is an awesome investment for those in hot climates and/or in sunny climates .... you can barely tell there's something there in the front

for the gk5, i went cheap since .... well... the car itself is cheap

Old 07-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah it’s funny how i use to get farmers tan on my left arm just driving before pinnacle. now i get farmers tan on both arms while washing my ride. lol

i need a pinnacle tent/shade over my driveway..

Old 07-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Virginia law doesn't allow tinting below the AS-1 line, but there's just so much glass on the Fit's windshield I'm sliding towards getting at least a little something on the whole thing anyway because this sunshine is just baking.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hoimingbeacon
Virginia law doesn't allow tinting below the AS-1 line
With the waiver you can do 70% VLT on the front windshield, 35% VLT above the AS1 line, and 35% VLT on the front side windows.