3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone using an Odyssey PC925LMJT battery?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone using an Odyssey PC925LMJT battery?

I have used Odyssey batteries before and had good luck with them. My battery is now almost 4 years old so I am replacing it before winter sets in. I drive a lot out where there is not a lot of traffic etc and I don’t want to be worried about the battery.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I had a light weight odyssey in my old subaru sti, but only for 1 yr. I cant comment on its reliability/longevity .... but it was pretty sweet and light weight!

jokes aside .... consider a costco battery? last I checked .... these are made by Johnson Controls ... who makes a crap load of batteries for a ton of diff makes/manufacturers. the 3 yr warranty/instant exchange is insane good and hassle free. our wrx has one, and I kid you not ... we were 1 month away from the warranty expiration, and we were lucky enough for the battery to die .... as costco gave us a brand new replacement on the spot (I wonder if a brand new 3 yr warranty starts over as the decal now reads 10/2018.... tee hee)

Old 11-20-2018, 06:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, i too would just get the cheepo duralast or watever theyre called sold at walmart. but if you drive ur car more than 5-10miles at a time youre battery should last you much longer. the 4 Fit's ive owned, ive never had to replace batteries. and they were over 5-6yrs old parked 24/7 outdoors in a snowbelt state where winters can go down to -10F routinely.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
I had a light weight odyssey in my old subaru sti, but only for 1 yr. I cant comment on its reliability/longevity .... but it was pretty sweet and light weight!

jokes aside .... consider a costco battery? last I checked .... these are made by Johnson Controls ... who makes a crap load of batteries for a ton of diff makes/manufacturers. the 3 yr warranty/instant exchange is insane good and hassle free. our wrx has one, and I kid you not ... we were 1 month away from the warranty expiration, and we were lucky enough for the battery to die .... as costco gave us a brand new replacement on the spot (I wonder if a brand new 3 yr warranty starts over as the decal now reads 10/2018.... tee hee)
I have used batteries from Costco. It looks like they are using Interstate right now (at least here) and for whatever reason they are not carrying the 151 size.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, i too would just get the cheepo duralast or watever theyre called sold at walmart. but if you drive ur car more than 5-10miles at a time youre battery should last you much longer. the 4 Fit's ive owned, ive never had to replace batteries. and they were over 5-6yrs old parked 24/7 outdoors in a snowbelt state where winters can go down to -10F routinely.
Good to know. Mine is about 4 years old now and still performs well. However, I travel in pretty remote areas and I don’t want to be caught out during the winter

Old 11-21-2018, 05:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
Good to know. Mine is about 4 years old now and still performs well. However, I travel in pretty remote areas and I don’t want to be caught out during the winter
Not a bad idea to carry one of those battery jump packs, whether you have a new battery or old one. I just used one in my 4runner after my wife left the lights on.

Last week, the mid Atlantic had some early snowfall. The fit sounded like it harder time starting after sitting in the cold. I moved the battery jump pack over to it, but I think I'll just buy another one. With 2 little kids, I don't want my wife to be driving around without one.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Not a bad idea to carry one of those battery jump packs, whether you have a new battery or old one. I just used one in my 4runner after my wife left the lights on.

Last week, the mid Atlantic had some early snowfall. The fit sounded like it harder time starting after sitting in the cold. I moved the battery jump pack over to it, but I think I'll just buy another one. With 2 little kids, I don't want my wife to be driving around without one.
You’re absolutely right. One of them is on my shopping list too. I don’t like taking chances during winter.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
yah, makes sense. just to warn, all appliances i bought in the last 5yrs that replaced old perfectly working appliances before they bellied up all died within 1.5yrs. lol including my GK (non-battery issue).

Old 11-22-2018, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, makes sense. just to warn, all appliances i bought in the last 5yrs that replaced old perfectly working appliances before they bellied up all died within 1.5yrs. lol including my GK (non-battery issue).
Isn’t that the truth! I am afraid to replace my 22 year old fridge even though it no longer matches anything else. I was lucky in that my last DW lasted 12 years and my microwave similar. Both were replaced this year.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
yah, these new electronics are such junk it is unbelievable. the microwave i have my kitchen is 20yrs old and im not going to replace it until it actually dies.

GL with battery hunting.