3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Ticking sound from front passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Ticking sound from front passenger side

I hear a faint ticking sound from the front passenger bumper/ wheel well area. I tried to pin point it by letting my wife drive slowly while I stick my head under the wheel well but I couldn't see further into the front of the wheel well. I don't think it is brake related, it seems to be coming from slightly in front of that. Sounds appears like tapping a finger nail on a desk and only happens while in motion. Any ideas before I tear up the wheelwell?

Old 10-02-2014, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Is it speed dependent? Rock stuck in the tread?

es

Old 10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I need to double check if it is speed dependent or not. Will get back to you on that.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Ticking

Chupacabra nesting in the wheel well?

Old 10-02-2014, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jjcentral
I hear a faint ticking sound from the front passenger bumper/ wheel well area. I tried to pin point it by letting my wife drive slowly while I stick my head under the wheel well but I couldn't see further into the front of the wheel well. I don't think it is brake related, it seems to be coming from slightly in front of that. Sounds appears like tapping a finger nail on a desk and only happens while in motion. Any ideas before I tear up the wheelwell?

Actually I have the same issue. If you guys figure it out, let me know.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by jjcentral
Hi jjcentral,

Sorry to hear about this. We would like to review the situation with you and by having the vehicle diagnosed at a local Honda dealership. Please private message us with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 10-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc
Hi jjcentral,

Sorry to hear about this. We would like to review the situation with you and by having the vehicle diagnosed at a local Honda dealership. Please private message us with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan
Thank you Jonathan, I tried to reproduce the problem again but couldn't. It was more prominent when I first got the car but seems to go faint as I drive more. I will have to wait and see if I hear the sound again before taking it to the dealer. Appreciate your help.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:18 PM
do you have a manual trans? if so, I hear a tapping/ratteling noise when letting out the clutch slowly in first gear.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Hey all, I had some rattling going on in the front passenger wheel as well. When I took it in for my first oil change at the dealership I had them check it out. In my case, it was a rock stuck between the wheel and dust guard. They pulled it out and taped it on my work order. LOL.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Andrewi56
do you have a manual trans? if so, I hear a tapping/ratteling noise when letting out the clutch slowly in first gear.
It's not a manual. I got the CVT lx.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
I had two little rocks stuck in both front wheels after driving down a dirt road. the rock got stuck in the Rotor Hat. Was really annoying

Old 10-04-2014, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
I want to see the video of the OP dong this - " I tried to pin point it by letting my wife drive slowly while I stick my head under the wheel well "