3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Possible Interior Quality Control Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Possible Interior Quality Control Issue?

Don't have another friend that has a fit to compare. Noticed that the dashboard doesn't sit flush around the pillar that separate the small left window and the windshield. If this the case with everyone else? And if not, is this fixable? Should we take it back to the dealership? We bought the car on Friday.

i also noticed that the gaps for the front bumper connecting to the sides aren't uniform, they start narrow at the bottom and widen as you go higher. Is this the case with everyone else? Is this actually a problem?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Both of the issues you mentioned have been brought up in the thread "Quality Issues with new Fit" as well as in other threads. Just search around and you'll find them.
I had the a-pillar gap and unevenness on the dash and the dealer attempted to fix it by replacing the trim piece next to the small window. For a while after the fix it looked good, however, the gap and unevenness are showing again, although to a lesser extent than originally.
Someone posted the following on 06-11-2015 regarding this cosmetic defect:

Originally Posted by Octopy
Just wanted to let you guys know that my Honda dealership just let me know that there is a service bulletin on the drivers side A pillar. I went in to get the gap fixed on the drivers side and they ordered the plastic piece next to the small window, that did not fix anything. According to them, there are a bunch of A pillars that are deformed and can be ordered and replaced at your dealership.

I should be getting my new A pillar part in a week or two and will let you guys know if it fixes the problem!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Mine has it too. Dealer tried to fix it once and failed. It looks like the "A" pillar trim is too short/too small. Good to hear there's a service bulletin on this. I'll be back to the dealer this week.

There's a thread here somewhere on the uneven bumper cover gap. Mine is good so far, but I worry that the weight of the bumper cover may deform the mounting clips over time.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 06-23-2015 at 08:21 AM.