Jailbreak Honda Link, Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics of that connector! It's curious, in the documentation I have, the two wires on the left (the red and blue ones) are no-connects. I imagine one of them is ground, which is why they are tied to the black wire (parking break detect, which is low when the car is in park).

The CAN lines are still connected, which I find curious.

I wonder if the other wire is specific to the asian Fit models, or its some internal function? I'd love to get one of those cables too, if you can manage. If only for the ability to splice into the HU's wires without damaging them....

Old 07-09-2015, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
So will the Sygic app for iPhone work through the HDMI port, or just the android version? Ideally I'd like google maps on there, but since we can't bypass the HDMI nanny yet, that'll have to wait.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:49 AM
Has anyone seen this?
https://youtu.be/k2jzlfWjD1Ehttp://www.autolab.com.my/index.php?route=product/product&path=76_273&product_id=1321

Last edited by madvillain; 07-23-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by madvillain
Looks interesting, but the site never states a price, and I went through the entire order/checkout process, giving bogus info, was never prompted for a credit card, never gave a price, and at the end, it said it was processing my order.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 AM
I went ahead and emailed them in hopes of finding more information.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by alphabitter
Looks interesting, but the site never states a price, and I went through the entire order/checkout process, giving bogus info, was never prompted for a credit card, never gave a price, and at the end, it said it was processing my order.
I had the same results. Please let me know what their response is if you get one before I do, haha

Old 07-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by madvillain
I had the same results. Please let me know what their response is if you get one before I do, haha
Will do, and please do the do the same if they get to you first.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Just received a response from them...

Thanks for dropping in an enquiries.
The Smart Link AL-1188hdmi cost 126.00. Please provide us your shipping destination addressto check up the postage via DHL .

Regards,
Loo
I asked a few more questions about specifics and will post as soon as I get a response. As long as the shipping isn't insane, I'll probably pull the trigger and order one. The site claims it works for both iphone and android.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Curious to see if it works. Keep us posted.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
Aside from android and IPhone, does anyone know if there's any support for Windows 8.1 mobile? I just bought a Windows phone to connect across my Surface II, X Box, and PC (yup... I'm one of those guys) and connectivity to my car beyond Bluetooth is the least of my worries... just thought it would be good to know. I've googled and come up with nothing.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by KByers12
Aside from android and IPhone, does anyone know if there's any support for Windows 8.1 mobile? I just bought a Windows phone to connect across my Surface II, X Box, and PC (yup... I'm one of those guys) and connectivity to my car beyond Bluetooth is the least of my worries... just thought it would be good to know. I've googled and come up with nothing.
As long as the device has Bluetooth there shouldn't be any issues.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kevman83
As long as the device has Bluetooth there shouldn't be any issues.

It does have bluetooth, but I was hoping someone might be able to give me some insight on a more advanced connection between the two platforms... but that's looking like it's going to be non-existent... Honda Customer Service told me they have no news (told others no plans) on Android compatibility for Hondalink... which is completely asinine.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:11 AM
It does have bluetooth, but I was hoping someone might be able to give me some insight on a more advanced connection between the two platforms... but that's looking like it's going to be non-existent... Honda Customer Service told me they have no news (told others no plans) on Android compatibility for Hondalink... which is completely asinine.
Well you can check and see if there is mirrorlink compatibility with your phone. https://cert.mirrorlink.com/Productlisting/

Old 07-29-2015, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Well you can check and see if there is mirrorlink compatibility with your phone. https://cert.mirrorlink.com/Productlisting/
I totally forgot about mirrorlink... thanks for the link. it LOOKS like my phone has the compatibility... but I need to figure out how to link it...which no one has seemed to be able to do.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:22 PM
I totally forgot about mirrorlink... thanks for the link. it LOOKS like my phone has the compatibility... but I need to figure out how to link it...which no one has seemed to be able to do.
I don't know if your phone has mirrorlink 1.1 or not but if so just plug it in the usb while bluetooth is connected. It should show on the phone that mirrorlink is connecting. Now as for apps I really don't know if there is any at this time for Windows phone. Another option is using Hdmi but you would lose the video feed while driving. Unless someone can come up with a work around.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know if your phone has mirrorlink 1.1 or not but if so just plug it in the usb while bluetooth is connected. It should show on the phone that mirrorlink is connecting. Now as for apps I really don't know if there is any at this time for Windows phone. Another option is using Hdmi but you would lose the video feed while driving. Unless someone can come up with a work around.
Apparently all HTC One M8 Models are equipped with Mirrorlink, but I can't get my phone to connect. I'll put the feelers out there and see if I'm not the only one with a Windows phone trying to connect.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:59 AM
No support for a mobile OS that is a very distant third. The advanced support you are thinking of (CarPlay/Android Auto) comes from the OS makers anyway and is implimented by the Auto OEM's.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by SLVR6
No support for a mobile OS that is a very distant third. The advanced support you are thinking of (CarPlay/Android Auto) comes from the OS makers anyway and is implimented by the Auto OEM's.
Android auto doesn't work for me at all.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Guys, somebody made it. Not jailbreak the actual hondalink thing but he got it working.

Iphone + google map on the radio is possible.
See video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_XOGx7hukI&feature=youtu.be

Old 08-20-2015, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Woo hoo! It's not a perfect solution, but it's a breakthrough. Needing to jailbreak one's iPhone is off-putting to the righteous, and the lack of touch-screen functionality on the head unit means that you have to look down to interact with the system. Other than that, it's a sweet work around.
I'm really annoyed that Honda is putting smart-phone-like head units in their cars but not updating their soft/firmware to keep up with changes in the devices the head units interact with. Nor do they seem inclined to address inadequacies in the interface with updates. There is so much more they could do to make their customer's happy with these smart head units. Plus, updates would bring customers into the dealerships where they might be convinced to buy services or cool add-ons. The dealers would love to see their customers more often. They might even sell a few extra cars that way.

Quick Reply: Jailbreak Honda Link, Possible?