How is the sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 01:21 PM
It sounds pretty good for a factory system. Not as clear and crisp as the one in our other car, a 2013 Prius C Three. But sounds good enough for me! If you are usually satisfied with stock equipment you will be satisfied.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I find its volume to seem low. I keep trying to raise the volume even when its full blast...

Old 09-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
I find its volume to seem low. I keep trying to raise the volume even when its full blast...
That's not been my experience! If you're listening to music off of a device like your phone or such, make sure the volume on it is turned up. Only time I've had that problem is because the music on my iphone was turned way down. Or maybe there is something wrong with your sound system?

Old 09-08-2014, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone concerned with the quality of the stock stereo doesn't listen to stock stereo lol

Old 09-08-2014, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Stock stereo sucks. Sound quality is lacking. Also, the sound stage sounds odd to me with the tweeter placement. Treble/highs doesn't mix well with the mids/lows (to me).

Also, my FM antenna sucks. I get so much static. I'm located in Central, NJ where we have strong FM reception for all NY stations. In all the cars I've ever had, I've never had any issues except this car. I kind of want an aftermarket antenna if it will give me better reception.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Compared to what is out there at this price range. The Fit falls short in regards to the sound quality across all trims. Having the tweeter on the EX and EX-L doesn't do much when the system lacks low end. The stock Mazda 3 & 6 sound system was much better from what I can remember. The optional sound system on the Lancer Sportback put both of them to shame. Although, thats not what I bought the Fit for. IMHO, I think the Fit does a satisfactory job for providing sound. Although, it pales in comparison to what is out there for sub compacts and in this price range if you're concerned about sound.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:46 AM
For those who have the LX... here is the tweeter you're missing. I don't know how to get signal to it but this is the driver that comes in the EX model:

39120-T0A-A51 OEM Honda Parts Tweeter (Foster) Speaker Assy.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
The rear speakers are really pushing low volume compared to the front, so unless I set the fader to really favor the rear, I can't tell that I even have 4 speakers (plus tweeters -- EX). I'm used to a car where you can hear sound from all around, not just down and in front of you. When setting the fader toward the rear, the front's quality seems to suffer. The rear just don't seem to have the same sound quality as the front -- front has good sound on middle fader setting but again the sound is a too much in front that way. I'm not finding a way of getting decent results from this stock system.

All of this could just be me. Or maybe my sound system is screwed and it shouldn't be working this way.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
The rear speakers are really pushing low volume compared to the front, so unless I set the fader to really favor the rear, I can't tell that I even have 4 speakers (plus tweeters -- EX). I'm used to a car where you can hear sound from all around, not just down and in front of you. When setting the fader toward the rear, the front's quality seems to suffer. The rear just don't seem to have the same sound quality as the front -- front has good sound on middle fader setting but again the sound is a too much in front that way. I'm not finding a way of getting decent results from this stock system.

All of this could just be me. Or maybe my sound system is screwed and it shouldn't be working this way.

That's how my oem system was on my 12' Fit, it wasn't until i got a aftermarket JVC head unit, now it sounds spectacular.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:39 PM
m_x
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Stock stereo sucks. Sound quality is lacking.
Gotta agree... I was fine with it, but I put a CD in yesterday and it sounded kind of awful. I was adjusting the sound settings just to make the vocals audible.

The CD was Only Built 4 Cuban Linx; I could hardly hear the karate chop sounds and kung-fu movie samples