iPhone podcasts play 1.5x on Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Question iPhone podcasts play 1.5x on Bluetooth

I'll start by saying I think I precipitated this issue by hitting the wrong buttons, but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did or how to fix it, nor can the dealership or the tech rep on the U.S. Honda assistance phone line.
Here's the sitch: I have my iPhone paired to my '15 Fit LX. I play podcasts from the phone. When I access a podcast by navigating through the car's screen and pushing the knob to select the podcast I want to listen too, it begins playing at 1.5x speed (not exactly chipmunk-like but fast enough to be annoying).
If I find the same podcast on my phone itself, it starts playing through the car at regular speed, but only when I access the podcast on the phone unit, not through the car. On the iPhone (iOS 7.1.2) podcast app, there's a button to select the play speed (1x, 1.5x, 2x or 0.5x). It's set at 1x (regular speed). It only seems to happen with podcasts. What little music I have on my phone (just the much-maligned free U2 download) plays fine.
I first noticed this after I hit a couple buttons (not sure exactly which ones) in the neighborhood of the volume knob, seek-forward/backward buttons area. I was attempting to skip to another podcast but didn't know what I was doing and punched the wrong buttons. (I traded up to this Fit from a '98 Civic with nothing but a AM/FM radio. I've got a car technology learning curve ahead of me.)
I can't figure out how to undo this, and found nothing in the manual. Service guys at the dealership tried unpairing/clearing the iPhone from the car. Nothing. Tried pulling the related fuses to see if that would reset anything. Nothing. Honda national phone tech suggested resetting/restarting the phone. Nothing.
Any suggestions?