Deleting Speed Dial Entries in the EX

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Question Deleting Speed Dial Entries in the EX

Has anyone figured out how to do this? I just went through the electronics manual, and saw instructions on how to add contacts to speed dial, but there was no mention of how to delete them.

When I bought the car, the salesperson programmed the first number she had me rattle off, which happened to be my mom. While I love my mom to pieces, she's not the person I call the most (for shame!) and it's just more convenient to move her down a spot or two.

Long-pressing doesn't do anything, I can't swipe it away, and pressing the 'menu' button while on the speed dial page brings me back to phone options.

I'm stuck.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:14 PM
I searched forever and it's in a different location all together, can't remember where though. Start back at the main menu and keep looking. You'll find it.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Different location, as in, not in the phone menu? I'll keep looking, but if you happen to recall how it's done, please post back.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Ya, not in the phone menu, I rememwber it was someplace that didn't make sense to me. Sorry, my wife has the car so I can't check right now.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Edit Speed Dial

Main Menu > Settings > Phone > Edit Speed Dial
Originally Posted by spaghetina
Has anyone figured out how to do this? I just went through the electronics manual, and saw instructions on how to add contacts to speed dial, but there was no mention of how to delete them.

When I bought the car, the salesperson programmed the first number she had me rattle off, which happened to be my mom. While I love my mom to pieces, she's not the person I call the most (for shame!) and it's just more convenient to move her down a spot or two.

Long-pressing doesn't do anything, I can't swipe it away, and pressing the 'menu' button while on the speed dial page brings me back to phone options.

I'm stuck.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kandlelight
Main Menu > Settings > Phone > Edit Speed Dial
Great first post! Welcome to the forum, Kandlelight!

Old 01-13-2015, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Obviously I'm missing something, but this option doesn't seem to be present in my 2015 LX. If I go to Main Menu > Settings > Phone >

the Edit Speed Dial option simply isn't there. (Yes, I make sure that my phone is on, with Bluetooth on, next to me.)

Driving me nuts because the only way I can change anything on my speed dials (like changing the voice tag) is to do a complete "restore defaults" command. PITA.

Is the LX system different from the EX? My owner's manual doesn't seem to differentiate.

Last edited by cookiemech; 01-13-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added note that my phone is on
Old 01-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Edit Speed Dial (2015 LX)

You can edit speed dials, delete , add a voice tag and so on, by hitting the phone button on the steering wheel, this is an entirely different menu than what you get from the dash. So this is definitely the only way to do this. From the Phone menu use the right side radio button to scroll to the last menu selection:

Phone Setup

Once you click this button, you are presented with the golden power over your phone.

The second menu item is Speed Dial, you can make all and any changes to speed dial from here. Adjusting voice tags, deleting and re-adding to fix a particular number.

Enjoy, I like this system better than the Toyota Radio I have in my FJ Cruiser.

Without the phone on or connected the above will not work.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
Frank, you are THE MAN!

I didn't believe it, so went out to the garage with my phone. Yep, worked like a charm!

Thank you for saving me tons of frustration.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:35 PM
Thanks Frank.
Those a great instructions.