Mirrorlink device

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Mirrorlink device

I'm looking for a device that I can permanently leave in the Fit for maps and music. My current phone (Droid Turbo) doesn't have mirrorlink. I have tried a miracast dongle but the aspect ratio is wierd.

I have an old Samsung phone that has it but unfortunately the screen is broken and I can't get past the lock screen to pair it with Bluetooth.

So what device can I get that's cheap and works with mirrorlink? I saw the video with the fire stick but I want to be able to control it with the touch screen.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by mecevans
I'm looking for a device that I can permanently leave in the Fit for maps and music. My current phone (Droid Turbo) doesn't have mirrorlink. I have tried a miracast dongle but the aspect ratio is wierd.

I have an old Samsung phone that has it but unfortunately the screen is broken and I can't get past the lock screen to pair it with Bluetooth.

So what device can I get that's cheap and works with mirrorlink? I saw the video with the fire stick but I want to be able to control it with the touch screen.
Know my Galaxy S5 works with Mirrorlink. Haven't bothered paying for the Sygic app as its too expensive for the limited amount I use maps while driving. Rockscout works alright, but it only works with Spotify and its functionality is a bit more limited than the actual Spotify app. Mirrorlink compatible app development seems to be pretty sparse at the moment.

Good news is I'm sure the S5 will be a lot easier to have for cheap considering we're looking at a new galaxy release in a month or so. Can't really speak with any experience with regards to other devices but Mirrorlink has a list of devices that should be compatible on their website.

Edit: at second glance there's a couple more apps they've added for music and mirrorlink but haven't used or even heard of a lot of them. Will have to check out Vanilla Music especially.

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 01-20-2016 at 10:38 PM.