Ios 8

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Ios 8

Has Honda updated their apps to the IOS 8 yet? If not what features will not work with it? I'm just wondering if it is worth updating yet. I know I got an email from Honda when IOS 8 came out saying that they were working with it....

Last edited by TofuJunky87; 10-21-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
There was an update to one of the Honda apps about a week ago that mentioned iOS 8 compatibility. So far all I've been using is bluetooth streaming, so no idea what it fixed.

es

Old 10-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I dunno but iOS 8.1 is reported to fix a number of issues including Bluetooth car connectivity so anyone having difficulty should update. I have had no issues with Bluetooth or Pandora so far.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
iOS 8.1.1

My EX Bluetooth functionality was degraded when I updated from iOS 7 to 8. I have noticed two things: 1) The info center often loses its ability to select songs from my iPhone 5s. I see "untitled" in the display and nothing plays. If I try "Music Search," I can see my lists, but I cannot get anything to play. If I cruise around among the menus, I can sometimes get a song to play, but I can't remember the sequence I went through when it finally starts working. The quickest fix is to go to my iPhone "Music" app and select what I want to hear, or simply turn the car off and back on. After I do either of those things, the info center begins to work correctly again. A Honda rep. told me that the update to iOS 8 had created problems and that it was Apple's fault for not keeping their app developers informed about what they were changing. Somewhat inconsistently, he also said that the problem would be fixed by Apple in future updates of iOS 8, as if Honda had no need to address functionality issues on their end.
2) I lost the ability to automatically sync my Fit clock with my iPhone clock. This is different from the "Sync with phone," which syncs the info center's contacts list and call history with the iPhone. The menu item that the manual says should be present is simply not there anymore. It was there with iOS 7, I'm almost sure. This is not a big deal at all since the clock is very accurate. It would be nice, however, when traveling across country to have the hour update on the info center as I cross time zones in response to my iPhone's GPS-savvy clock adjustment. (The info center could do this on its own since even the EX (non-L, non-NAV) has a GPS built in that both knows where you are and what time it is...within mere feet and down to the nanosecond. You can see the GPS display in the EX if you put the info center unit into the diagnostic mode by simultaneously holding down power, eject and the Home touch-screen button for a couple seconds. Select GPS from the menu that appears. I do not recommend getting button happy in the diagnostic menu. For example, if you put your lanewatch camera into its calibration mode, it will not work again until it is re-calibrated, which is REALLY tricky. There are probably other bad things you can to in this mode as well. You have been warned.)