Navigation Traffic Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Navigation Traffic Issues

Hey All,

I've been driving my Canadian EX-L Navi for a few weeks now and overall I am very happy with the car. The gas mileage is incredible and the ride is comfortable and smooth. I do unfortunatly have a few issues with the navigation and the Sirius/XM sound quality (it's awful).

With regards to the Navigation, the issue is that I am not getting traffic updates for my area.

I am commuting on the 401/407/403 (GTA, highly populated area in Ontario for those of you who don't know) and while my Garmin picks up traffic on my commute no problem, the Honda navigation shows nothing. This is strange both because they both use the same traffic providers.

What is even more strange is that when I manually hit the traffic button, I am shown traffic incidences in the United States that are at least 100 km from my location.

Here are some screens demonstrating my issues. Please excuse the terrible quality (loaner phone) and the fact that they are out of order (taken over a few days):

Here is a screen showing that the traffic has been received (Green traffic notification in bottom left):

Here is a screen showing traffic for the United States:

And lastly, here is a screen showing no traffic detected for my area:

Any ideas? When I click the traffic button it seems to centre somewhere in the New York state area - is there a hidden setting or something on this head unit that might be telling the car I'm located in the US instead of Canada? The navigation works and detects my location fine when I'm driving, but it doesn't seem to know where I am from a traffic perspective and as a result is never able to route me around traffic as advertised.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Did you get anywhere with this? I just picked up my Fit EXL this week and have the exact same issue.