Instrument Panel Clock with Aftermarket Unit

Old 01-04-2015, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Instrument Panel Clock with Aftermarket Unit

Does anyone here changed the Factory Head Unit (Anymodel) to a Aftermarket unit?

I know that you can only adjust the clock from the headunit, but what happens when you change it?

Does the clock still remains on the Instrument panel?

I'm planning to change my 5" (Same as LX model) to a Pioneer Unit, but i'm curios about the clock feature.

I Saw that axxess have a module for the Civic and CR-V that keep the clock adjustment. However on the FIT GK we don't have to use the steering wheel controls to do it. So i think it's different.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
My guess is you will lost the ability to change the time in the dash. but your new head unit should have a time display too.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Probably. So then I'll have one Unadjustable clock and another one on the New Head Unit.

I'm asking too, to know if the clock is generated by the Stock Head Unit or not.

Because if it is, when I remove the stock radio the Clock on the Instrument Panel will disapear.

Did Anyone had the chance to notice it?

I also was looking for a Steering wheel remote to allow this change, but there is only for Civic and CR-V (Since both have independent Displays). The GK is different...

Old 02-01-2015, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Well, some updates.

O disconected my radio and the clock remains on the instrument panel.

So basically if you change to an 2DIN aftermarket unit you won't be able to adjust the clock.

I was researching some stuff and found out that IDatalink - Maestro RR might be able to allow us to change the clock in the future.

Today it's possible on Civic/CR-V which have separeted screens from the radio.
Let's see.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:41 PM
I was also looking into replacing the head unit. The clock is not a big deal for me, but I'm wondering if you would still keep the other info such as mpg, trip computer, etc...

Old 02-02-2015, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
The additional info will remain, Trip A/ Trip B, Average and total.

The clock is not a big deal, but it bothers me specially when you have to adjust it on the Daylight Saving Time.

On the Japanese model the Clock Adjustment is on the Instrument Panel, But I don't know why Honda changed the clock adjustment on the radio on the USA/Thailand/Brazil models.

I'll change my head unit this year, but right now I'm just studying what I'll need and so.

There is also an additional item to research: The 3 View Camera.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
I saw some posts of people chaging the head unit, I'm not sure if someone have any news to retain the clock ajdjustment.

From the steering wheel interfaces, no manufacturer have any product (IDataLink, PAC, Axxess).