clock resetting issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Unhappy clock resetting issue

okay there is an issue i am having and i'm stumped.

history: i installed an amp and 6 speakers recently in my 2015 fit. after the install was finished and the battery was reattached everything was fine, no install issues

problem: i noticed that my clock was resetting to the time i originally set it to.
The car will remember and track the time while its running, but after its shut off it will forget and go back to 8:38 (or whatever time i set it to). I can even turn the car on and as the screen is booting up i can watch the time change from 8:45 (or whatever time it was tracking when i turn the car off) back to 8:38.

The only wire other than the stock speaker wires that i tapped into was the purple acc. wire on the HU for my remote turn on. I can disconnect the amp completely turn everything back to stock and the issue doesn't go away.

I'm thinking fuse but i am not sure which of the 40 some fuses to look for, the codes in the manual are mostly acronyms that don't have proper definitions.

help...? lol

- moltar

Old 03-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but we just purchased a 2016 Fit and are having the same exact issue!

Any thoughts on what may be causing it? It's like the car keeps track of the time while it's off (because on the cluster it shows the right time), but the radio does not. Once the radio boots up fully it resets the time to whatever I had originally set it at and the gauge get's over-written to show that time. Back up fuse is fine, I pulled that and check it, and there doesn't seem to be any battery issue. It's maintaining memory, it's just doing it wrong.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:29 AM
There is a setting to turn off the clock on the radio so you only have the clock on the dash. I don't have your issue but I use that.