iroot on Display Audio, installing other apps

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 03:21 PM
iroot on Display Audio, installing other apps

I've got a 2018 Honda Fit EX. My goal is to be able to install any app on the head unit. Specifically: I want google maps.

First, it seems really hard to distinguish all the different audio systems from each other. Even the manual distinguishes them by "Display Audio" and "Color Audio." That's just dumb. So has anyone compiled a list of the different audio systems that honda uses?

The next bit is how to Root the head unit. My car has the "Display Audio." I've managed to put it into developer mode and have found a few of the secret menus. This link is a good one that describes how to root the radio in certain Civics. (again the freaking names make this all impossible to tell what will apply to other cars!)

I managed to follow quite a bit of it, but get stuck at enabling the ADB, Android Debug Bridge. The option in the System menu is greyed out. The option in the Diagnostic screen (that you get to by holding power, menu, and brightness for a few seconds while engine is running, then holding menu for a few seconds) doesn't function. There's supposedly another menu that you get to by holding home for a few seconds, once you're in that second-secret menu, but I can't seem to get it to work in the Fit.

I don't understand the difference between the various "RC" versions installed in the radios. I've see RC6, RC6.1, RC7, and RC8. This sounds like it stands for "release candidate" but I don't see anywhere it's specified and I can't find any of that in the information screens in my Fit.

(Also, for many other model owners, this description and pay tool works for them. Codeage specifically says this doesn't work for the Fit. Pay tool here.) (Model list: Civic 10th Gen, CR-V 5th Gen, Clarion, Accord 9th Gen (2016 Refresh and 2017 Hybrid), Pilot 2016-2017, Ridgeline 2016-2017)

Anyone know more about this or had better luck?

Old 06-08-2019, 05:27 AM
I just made the same observation you did. I received my new Jazz 2018 and I have an old Android 4.0.4 without CarPlay, horrible. I can't even install the applications from https://www.cmdroid.com because the install button remains greyed out.
I also contacted Root your Honda head unit and install apps freely - Honda Hack yesterday and he confirmed that he didn't do Jazz/Fit.
We're going to have to rotate this car radio or change it!!!!!