3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 07:15 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i like it. you have a box for the roof rack?

Old 06-29-2017, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Fitted Yakima Rack with old school Q-Towers from a GD Fit. Fits snug but I think i'd rather cough up the extra $$$ for BaseLine Towers..
wow, looks great with that Yakima Rack.

Does Yakima makes a specific BaseLine Towers kit for GK5?

Old 06-30-2017, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Midnight Run
wow, looks great with that Yakima Rack.

Does Yakima makes a specific BaseLine Towers kit for GK5?
I should have taken up close photos of the mounting points, but took the rack off already.

With regards to the correct mounting hardware, the Q-Towers do not support specific foot/clips for the GK, only the BaseLine Towers do. When I purchased the complete used Yakima roof rack system, I didnt do my research, instead I just went ahead and purchase the clips specifically made for the GK not aware that they were compatible with the Q-towers. So now I will put the Q-towers for sale to recuperate some of the funds going into the BaseLine towers.

Here's a video review of the ones I will purchase (towers only):

On a side note, I lost 5-6 mpg with the rack on... wonder how much more when I borrow my buddy's Yakima Cargo Box..

Old 06-30-2017, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
I should have taken up close photos of the mounting points, but took the rack off already.

With regards to the correct mounting hardware, the Q-Towers do not support specific foot/clips for the GK, only the BaseLine Towers do. When I purchased the complete used Yakima roof rack system, I didnt do my research, instead I just went ahead and purchase the clips specifically made for the GK not aware that they were compatible with the Q-towers. So now I will put the Q-towers for sale to recuperate some of the funds going into the BaseLine towers.

Here's a video review of the ones I will purchase (towers only):

On a side note, I lost 5-6 mpg with the rack on... wonder how much more when I borrow my buddy's Yakima Cargo Box..
Thanks for the info.

I actually wanted to do the same as you with Cargo Box.. losing 5-6mpg ain't that bad i guess.. afterall, its not that aerodynamic with the rack/cargo box installed.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Took 3 weeks to get my custom ss brake lines from TechnaFit.. i wonder if 1000ml is enough to flush and refill the system.. still tryna figure out which front rotors to get.. any suggestions?

Old 07-01-2017, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Finally got the Hasport U70a rear mount on. After turning on the car I immediately can tell how responsive the car feels, even at idle. Driving off from the shop I noticed the engine responsiveness and shifting improved dramatically. Need more driving time to get more feel!

Thanks to LT Transmissions in Oakland for the speedy job!

Last edited by TougeMonster_GK5; 07-01-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Finally got the Hasport U70a rear mount on. After turning on the car I immediately can tell how responsive the car feels, even at idle. Driving off from the shop I noticed the engine responsiveness and shifting improved dramatically. Need more driving time to get more feel!

Thanks to LT Transmissions in Oakland for the speedy job!

Nice mod. I plan on doing this mod very soon also.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Midnight Run
Nice mod. I plan on doing this mod very soon also.
which urethane hardness you going with?

Old 07-01-2017, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
which urethane hardness you going with?

I had these on my previous cars (EVO & STi), and they were 90A on them. For this daily commuter, I will go with 70A, or maybe lower if they offers one.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
op you ever get the rear 10mm's?

Old 07-04-2017, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
How do these mounts help the performance of the car? Are these only for manual transmission fits?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by first honda
How do these mounts help the performance of the car? Are these only for manual transmission fits?
For the casual daily driver, I would not recommend as these higher durometer mounts cause lots of vibration. For me, I like the firmer response of the engine as you feel this during acceleration and shifting. To answer your question, benefits include less engine movement during heavy load resulting to more stable distribution of torque and energy throughout the chassis. OEM rear mount after examining them are just WAY to soft for my kind of driving. Throttle response is improved, and the car just feels more like a race car.

Not recommended if you require road comfort and minimal cabin noise.

So far, I'm loving this mod! Just wish I had a K-series in it already.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
For the casual daily driver, I would not recommend as these higher durometer mounts cause lots of vibration. For me, I like the firmer response of the engine as you feel this during acceleration and shifting. To answer your question, benefits include less engine movement during heavy load resulting to more stable distribution of torque and energy throughout the chassis. OEM rear mount after examining them are just WAY to soft for my kind of driving. Throttle response is improved, and the car just feels more like a race car.

Not recommended if you require road comfort and minimal cabin noise.

So far, I'm loving this mod! Just wish I had a K-series in it already.
Thank you...I'm across the bay in Marin. Will keep an eye out for you when in the east bay.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Got the new Yakima BaseLine Towers and RocketBox on!

I think this looks kinda cool.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
So far she's riding dandy..

Old 07-11-2017, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Any feedback on the ride quality?

I have Swift springs on my GK; I'm okay with it, but my dog HATES it. Really looking for ways to smooth out the ride. Considering the Koni's as you have, and maybe downsizing to 15" wheels.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by donkeyatdusk
Any feedback on the ride quality?

I have Swift springs on my GK; I'm okay with it, but my dog HATES it. Really looking for ways to smooth out the ride. Considering the Koni's as you have, and maybe downsizing to 15" wheels.
After riding on the suspension for several weeks now and the springs settled in, the ride feels firmer compared to OEM obviously. Body roll is eliminated about 50% or more and I don't experience the 'floating' as some may call it on slightly wavey or banked turns. I can definitely enter and exit corners much faster (probably 60% faster). The suspension really compliments the smaller wheel/tire setup. Going down from 16x6 wheel, it feels as if I have shorter gear ratios and the car picks up faster. One wheel only weighs 13.2 lbs., i didnt get a chance to weigh with tire on yet.

I am still waiting for the Progress RSB and Tanabe front tower bar to come in. I'm sure the rear body-roll should be decreased if not completely eliminated.

Yea, I recommend changing out to sports shock to go with any lowering springs. The OEM shocks just don't work quite well, and definitely is beaten up front the lowering springs in harsh road conditions.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Cool beans. Thanks for quick reply!

Old 07-22-2017, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks @idroveacamry !! HKS Cool Style installed! Needed a quieter exhaust, my Hi Power Silent is on sale !

Old 07-23-2017, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks @idroveacamry !! HKS Cool Style installed! Needed a quieter exhaust, my Hi Power Silent is on sale !

Is that one really more quiet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TougeMonster_GK5's Build Thread