3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Thanks buddy , you are correct - the rear RS badge is among some of the new additions. It's so small that I didn't really mention it earlier. I figured with the number of RS-trim mods I have now I might as well have the badge (despite typically leaning towards de-badging).

Old 08-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Thanks buddy , you are correct - the rear RS badge is among some of the new additions. It's so small that I didn't really mention it earlier. I figured with the number of RS-trim mods I have now I might as well have the badge (despite typically leaning towards de-badging).
In this case I believe that the difference between the RS and the other models is only the outside, I think the engine is exactly the same or at least the same horsepower. the only thing that I think you need is to incorporate the speedometer that originally written the letters RS

Old 08-03-2019, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Legend's! If you can kindly atleast outline the major points to your Kouki Rear tails install, your build has inspired me to pull the trigger on a set of the Eagle Eyes version I just copped for a great deal on Crooober. They look exactly like the JDM Hybrid tails if I am not mistaken is the correct model that GK had in Japan. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TougeMonster_GK5; 08-03-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:46 AM
BUCARO - mostly some interior trim bits, and more visibly, an exterior package. As for the engine, that is mostly correct. My knowledge is limited here, but there are models (mostly in Asia) with different motors and transmission types, though I don't think any of them are necessarily more 'powerful'. I've been strictly concerned with an RS (inspired) aesthetic.

TougeMonster_GK5 - Hey buddy! Oh man, that's really awesome, glad to offer some inspiration for your build! You'll love these - the LED really elevates the look. They look especially great when lit up and paired with an extended spoiler (like yours). If my memory is correct, they look like the JDM zenki (pre-facelift) taillights, so you're correct. There are some differences when wiring the kouki lights, but I'll try and gather some notes. I tried to research the zenki ones (when installing mine) as a starting point, and although very helpful, I felt some things were lacking or information wasn't always from one source. I'm away for a few days, but I'll try and squeeze in some time hopefully later this week to get back to you.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Love the new tails.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:38 PM
Amazing build,
Just bought mine so I am starting my build and am wondering which LED bulb you went for your headlights + daytime running lights.
I know you never posted pics of them on, but I don't doubt your choice of bulbs seeing your complete build.

Thanks mate.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by DT_GK6
Love the new tails.
Thanks buddy ~ I see you're rocking them yourself now. Been meaning to do a DIY tutorial for the lights..but been so darn busy. Fit looks dope btw, just haven't had a chance to comment much lately.

Originally Posted by FreakFit27
Amazing build,
Just bought mine so I am starting my build and am wondering which LED bulb you went for your headlights + daytime running lights.
I know you never posted pics of them on, but I don't doubt your choice of bulbs seeing your complete build.

Thanks mate.
Hey, thanks and congrats on the purchase! Thankfully I got a notification as I haven't posted in some time (usually away all winter...). The bulbs I'm using are faintly visible in an older photo but I don't believe I've written about them.

I'm using these: Prolightz PLX3 H4 LED Bulbs

https://www.prolightz.com/prolightz-...ed-bulbs.html/

I've been running them for a while now without any problems. The nice thing about them is that they're passively cooled (no additional components such as little fans that might break over time). They're also really bright. I ordered things from these guys before, and they sell quality stuff. Only thing is that they're a Canadian store (which works for me).

Another good option is these: H4 Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h4...-H4?quantity=1

I have Morimoto lights in my 86. They typically make high quality stuff, so you can't go wrong with these.

Try to avoid the cheap Amazon or eBay stuff. I have a friend that went that route for his Fit and eventually went with the lights I have because the cheap ones burned out.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by [LegenD]; 02-21-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:14 PM
Love your build man. Just ordered the same spoiler/wing from RHD Japan. Really appreciate you posting/sharing the details/photos. I'm sure you'd agree a major appeal was the ability for this wing to apply over the USDM wing/spoiler.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by dantheman1689
Love your build man. Just ordered the same spoiler/wing from RHD Japan. Really appreciate you posting/sharing the details/photos. I'm sure you'd agree a major appeal was the ability for this wing to apply over the USDM wing/spoiler.
Thanks buddy, glad you like the build. I've actually done a major change last year and a bit more to come this year, just need to wait till it warms up so I can do an update.

Glad to hear someone else is talking the plunge and grabbing this awesome spoiler. It was a huge gamble for me as no one has done this prior. I researched several JDM options and got in touch with RHD, hoped for the best, and thankfully it worked. You won't regret it, it's awesome, minimal with that classic Spoon style flair.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:07 PM
Thanks buddy, glad you like the build. I've actually done a major change last year and a bit more to come this year, just need to wait till it warms up so I can do an update.

Glad to hear someone else is talking the plunge and grabbing this awesome spoiler. It was a huge gamble for me as no one has done this prior. I researched several JDM options and got in touch with RHD, hoped for the best, and thankfully it worked. You won't regret it, it's awesome, minimal with that classic Spoon style flair.

Super excited to see what you’ve done. Do you remember how long it took for RHD to make the spoiler? With the environment we’re in I’m prepared to wait longer if needed of course.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:01 AM
Super excited to see what you’ve done. Do you remember how long it took for RHD to make the spoiler? With the environment we’re in I’m prepared to wait longer if needed of course.
It might be a little while before I update. Just made some changes last year and hoping to do a bit more this year. The unfortunate CoVID situation hasn't exactly encouraged modding, but I've done a bit nonetheless.

It took exactly 3 weeks, from placing the order to shipped. Affection Japan is a small shop, so they custom build it on request. I imagine things are a bit slower atm, but hopefully you won't have to wait much longer. RHD is very reliable so I can't imagine that you'll experience any problems other than possible CoVID related delays.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:15 AM
No rush, and look forward to whenever you do post an update.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I saw a few other things from RHD that I like and once the budget allows will probably go after those other smaller things next. I saw you mentioned that RHD could source a lot of things so I may see if they can source tail lights like yours too. I've looked at the other hybrid style and some of the cheaper ebay options but as of now based on my current research I think Id want to spend the money/time on great tail lights like yours.

Just wish I would have pulled the trigger on the spoiler sooner. I think a year ago it was $280 now now its $330.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:04 PM
No rush, and look forward to whenever you do post an update.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I saw a few other things from RHD that I like and once the budget allows will probably go after those other smaller things next. I saw you mentioned that RHD could source a lot of things so I may see if they can source tail lights like yours too. I've looked at the other hybrid style and some of the cheaper ebay options but as of now based on my current research I think Id want to spend the money/time on great tail lights like yours.

Just wish I would have pulled the trigger on the spoiler sooner. I think a year ago it was $280 now now its $330.
I completely agree, everything costs more than it did a year or two ago.

Yea, the eBay lights are usually (but not always) either a little tacky or a gamble (quality, fitment, etc.). I didn't want to deal with any issues of that sort.

Same, ​​​​​​​ I'm looking at importing something and it's so darn expensive this year. :/

Old 01-14-2021, 01:08 PM
Thanks Legend. Its nice to have you and the community to relate to on this stuff. Here is a little humor:

Attached Thumbnails LegenD's GK5 Build Thread-gk5-meme.jpg  
Old 01-16-2021, 06:35 AM
Another question, did you use industrial velcro to attach the spoiler too or just double sided 3m tape?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 01-20-2021, 07:33 PM
Another question, did you use industrial velcro to attach the spoiler too or just double sided 3m tape?

Thanks,
Dan
Just double sided tape in the appropriate spots, as well as some adhesion promoter (3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter). As always, make sure the surface is properly cleaned before application. It helps having two people during the installation process. If you need more help when the time comes, in regard to applying and the peeling technique, just give me a shout (otherwise I'm sure you could YouTube it).

Old 01-20-2021, 09:07 PM
Thanks Legend! I really appreciate it. I bought some of the 3m 06396 since it says its automotive specific. I'll definitely let you know. ETA for the spoiler is mid February and I already found a painter for it. Probably going to go glossy black. I like the way it should look and I wont have to worry about the color match so much.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:06 PM
Glad I could help and thanks, happy to hear you like the Fit . I think you’ll enjoy tires that better suit the Fit especially after you get some springs or coilovers.

Everything evilchargerfan said is good. I’m personally happy with Eibach as they’re low, but not super low (good for daily driving and comfortable). I don’t have the exact numbers, but the Swift springs don’t lower the car as much as the Eibach (they are the most conservative). Other than that, what evilchargerfan said - there are numerous options out there, just have to look and decide how low you want your Fit.

Thanks for filling in during my absence haha.

Thanks a lot buddy, appreciate it! Oh nice, I love the 86; had that before the Fit, just keep it inside all winter. Judging from your name and avatar you have an STI now?

I've considered it, but other than living kind of far from most meets, I don’t really know many official meet spots / dates.

________

In other news, I haven't managed to find time for a new photo shoot with the new wheels in between so much rain and work. Finally looks sunny here, but now I'm waiting for some new parts so I might wait for that.
Hey Legend, just to confirm, you have stock suspension with the Eibach pro kit springs?

Old 01-28-2021, 06:43 PM
Hey Legend, just to confirm, you have stock suspension with the Eibach pro kit springs?
​​​​​​Yea, just the Eibach pro kit. It's a very comfortable and modest drop (plus, affordable) for a daily.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:10 PM
​​​​​​Yea, just the Eibach pro kit. It's a very comfortable and modest drop (plus, affordable) for a daily.
Interesting, how have the OEM shocks been doing with it since its your daily? I'm still considering doing the same but with RS-R super down springs and Megan roll center adjusters.

Quick Reply: LegenD's GK5 Build Thread