3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dantheman1689
Interesting, how have the OEM shocks been doing with it since its your daily? I'm still considering doing the same but with RS-R super down springs and Megan roll center adjusters.
I did the RCAs. If you're taking off the a arms, do the powerflex bushings while you're in there. If you do the ones on the rear trailing arm, it is one of the best suspension mods you can do to the car. Throw the savanini rigid collars on also!

Old 01-28-2021, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I did the RCAs. If you're taking off the a arms, do the powerflex bushings while you're in there. If you do the ones on the rear trailing arm, it is one of the best suspension mods you can do to the car. Throw the savanini rigid collars on also!
Heck yea, will do. Have your stock shocks/struts been holding up okay with the Eibach lowering springs?

Old 01-28-2021, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Eibach

Originally Posted by dantheman1689
Heck yea, will do. Have your stock shocks/struts been holding up okay with the Eibach lowering springs?
I am on coilovers. When I had tein springs and koni strts, that was a very nice combo. I don't know if the stock shocks are stiff enough to support after market springs. Could see if the hfp upgrade changes damper part number...

Old 01-28-2021, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I am on coilovers. When I had tein springs and koni strts, that was a very nice combo. I don't know if the stock shocks are stiff enough to support after market springs. Could see if the hfp upgrade changes damper part number...
Got it, thank you! Yea I was thinking that too but at that price for HFP struts and now knowing what i know, i think i’m going to stop debating and just go for the coilovers.

Old 01-29-2021, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
​​​​​​Yea, just the Eibach pro kit. It's a very comfortable and modest drop (plus, affordable) for a daily.
How many miles roughly have you driven with the stock suspension & Eibach pro kit?

Old 01-29-2021, 10:53 AM
It’s been completely fine. This isn’t my first experience with Eibach springs, I’ve run Eibach on stock dampers for years. In terms of ride quality and damper durability there were no issues. It’s not significant enough of a drop to cause you trouble.

Unless you intend on tracking or driving hard, this will suffice. You’ll probably end up selling your car before you need to replace them. I have about 10k miles - I don’t drive a lot / far and have two cars.

That being said, as you’ve noticed there are several good options available; some folks spend more time tinkering and spend more money on the suspension. This is totally up to you, I kept it simple for my build and I don't drive hard. More suspension modding makes sense if you seriously intend on tracking the car.

I overthought this with my EP3, replaced my Eibach springs (had them on for a very long time) for coilovers and had a pain-in-the-butt overkill setup as a daily. Ultimately, what are your personal plans for the car - road or track? I have the HKS Hipermax IV SP Coilovers on my FRS/86 and that is a totally different league. However, I absolutely love the Fit setup and it's hella comfy.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 01-29-2021 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
It’s been completely fine. This isn’t my first experience with Eibach springs, I’ve run Eibach on stock dampers for years. In terms of ride quality and damper durability there were no issues. It’s not significant enough of a drop to cause you trouble.

Unless you intend on tracking or driving hard, this will suffice. You’ll probably end up selling your car before you need to replace them. I have about 10k miles - I don’t drive a lot / far and have two cars.

That being said, as you’ve noticed there are several good options available; some folks spend more time tinkering and spend more money on the suspension. This is totally up to you, I kept it simple for my build and I don't drive hard. More suspension modding makes sense if you seriously intend on tracking the car.

I overthought this with my EP3, replaced my Eibach springs (had them on for a very long time) for coilovers and had a pain-in-the-butt overkill setup as a daily. Ultimately, what are your personal plans for the car - road or track? I have the HKS Hipermax IV SP Coilovers on my FRS/86 and that is a totally different league. However, I absolutely love the Fit setup and it's hella comfy.
Nice, thanks Legend. I truly appreciate this info. It would be just for the road, no track. I don't drive hard but it is a daily and we sometimes make 160 mile round trips to visit family (before covid) so I'm putting about 12k miles per year. Since its just for the road I think I'll just have to keep doing research. I actually bought RS-R Super Down springs but im thinking about returning them even thought their drop is 1"or less so very modest but long-term idk how they'd hold up 30k miles from now. Like you mentioned, I'm not trying to go overkill since its a CVT daily, trying to find that sweet spot for price/durability and comfort.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:22 PM
@Legend Nice build man! I just got here, (picked up a '19 sport to replace my gf's '08 GD sport that was getting tired) I'm gonna have to wade through all 9 pages soon but it looks like a really well put together, thought out build. I know this is Fit HQ, but in the outside world well done Fit's are a rare breed and I'm always stoked to see one. Looking forward to the writeup on the JDM tails, that's on my short list. Do you have any sound clips of the HKS exhaust? For < $400 it seems like a no brainer.

Old 02-28-2021, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Eric48
@Legend Nice build man! I just got here, (picked up a '19 sport to replace my gf's '08 GD sport that was getting tired) I'm gonna have to wade through all 9 pages soon but it looks like a really well put together, thought out build. I know this is Fit HQ, but in the outside world well done Fit's are a rare breed and I'm always stoked to see one. Looking forward to the writeup on the JDM tails, that's on my short list. Do you have any sound clips of the HKS exhaust? For < $400 it seems like a no brainer.
Apologies for the delay, and appreciate the kind words, glad you like the build! It's winter here and I'm not very active ATM. Planning on an update in the spring.

Congrats on the purchase and happy modding . I took a ton of photos and planned on a big writeup for the tail-lights, but I never got around it; not enough interest and my work keeps me very busy. Unfortunately, I don't have a sound clip ATM, but it's definitely one of the nicest, cleanest exhausts I've owned. It's not very loud, but not super whisper quiet either, it's just right.

Old 01-31-2024, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Do you have the link or information where you ordered the RS kit? Your help is greatly appreciated.