3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Rick's 2019 Fit Sport Poser Build

  #1  
Old 07-08-2018, 07:41 PM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
Rick's 2019 Fit Sport Poser Build

The wife and I are currently in the process of converting a 40ft school bus into a tiny house (a "skoolie"), documenting it here. We wanted a small and light car to tow behind the bus, and we decided on a Fit. So last week I picked up this 2019 Fit Sport.



I never drove or even sat in a Fit before buying this car... but I really really like it, even with the CVT.

My plan is to do some bolt-on mods to put a little more sport into the Sport. Here is the current plan:
1) Windows tinted - this was done within two days of bringing the car home. I went with 20% all around; I will post some pics when a get a chance.
2) Badging - I "de-badged" the rear, removing the Fit and Sport emblems; looks nice and clean. I would love to find the correct size red JDM H emblems for a 2019 (front, rear, and steering wheel). The front emblem appears illusive.
3) Intake - I installed this AEM cold air intake today. Super easy install, looks good, sounds good, and adds a little something to the car's performance (?)


4) Exhaust - I have this HKS Exhaust on order, not sure on it's ETA...
5) Suspension - I am researching a set of lowering springs. I am currently leaning towards these Eibach springs, and I may pull the trigger on them this week.
6) The Horn - The stock horns are weak, unacceptable. I have a set of these sport horns on order, supposed to be showing up tomorrow.

Not sure what if anything else I will be doing to the car. Like I said I really like this car; it will be my daily driver and commuting car. I had an older BMW (98 323is), and I am looking forward to going from ~20mpg on premium to >35mpg (maybe?) on regular.

Rick
<><
 
  #2  
Old 07-09-2018, 07:58 AM
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NOVAnistan
Posts: 2,450
I hope you'll be towing with the front wheels up or on a trailer as the CVT fit is not designed to be towed behind a vehicle on all 4 wheels. I thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware.
 
  #3  
Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 AM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
I hope you'll be towing with the front wheels up or on a trailer as the CVT fit is not designed to be towed behind a vehicle on all 4 wheels. I thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware.
Thanks for the feedback; I intend to put the car on a trailer.
 
  #4  
Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 AM
GolNat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DE
Posts: 875
Welcome to the forum. Great looking Fit and good luck on the bus build. Looks really cool!
 
  #5  
Old 07-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NTX
Posts: 251
Also - the info below the diagram for that HKS muffler says its not for the CVT. You might want to double-check that.
 
  #6  
Old 07-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NOVAnistan
Posts: 2,450
HKS fits on a CVT, I have one on my 2015 for a few years now.

Includes only main muffler. Not applicable for 4WD and CVT. Not applicable for vehicles with MUGEN Rear Under Spoiler. To install this product to the vehicle after 2017/6 requires a stock rubber (18215-S84-A30 or HKS rubber (17459-002100).
Looks like there is a note about maybe needing a different exhaust rubber hanger though for later year cars. On my 2015, I just reused what was there.
 
  #7  
Old 07-09-2018, 12:05 PM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by Alfa38 View Post
Also - the info below the diagram for that HKS muffler says its not for the CVT. You might want to double-check that.
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
HKS fits on a CVT, I have one on my 2015 for a few years now.
So what is your experience with the HKS on your CVT Fit? Sound, loudness, performance, etc. Looks to me like the exhaust may fit even better on the Sport with its exhaust tip cut out in the bumper thingy...

More importantly, what about those JDM red emblems? A proper poser build cannot be complete without these emblems.
 
  #8  
Old 07-09-2018, 12:07 PM
bdcheung's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 125
Originally Posted by UnFitRick View Post
More importantly, what about those JDM red emblems? A proper poser build cannot be complete without these emblems.
I read that the red emblems don't work on Honda Sensing-equipped models since the sensors are built into the front badge.
 
  #9  
Old 07-09-2018, 12:16 PM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
I read that the red emblems don't work on Honda Sensing-equipped models since the sensors are built into the front badge.
I heard that also...
 
  #10  
Old 07-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NOVAnistan
Posts: 2,450
Originally Posted by UnFitRick View Post
So what is your experience with the HKS on your CVT Fit? Sound, loudness, performance, etc. Looks to me like the exhaust may fit even better on the Sport with its exhaust tip cut out in the bumper thingy...

More importantly, what about those JDM red emblems? A proper poser build cannot be complete without these emblems.
Sounds good and not too loud. My wife likes the sound of it and didn't complain so that's a bonus. I wouldn't know about performance as I haven't and won't be getting it dynoed. It's an axle back, so I would be surprised if there were a performance boost at all.

With that said, it sounds good while driving
 
  #11  
Old 07-09-2018, 06:54 PM
evilchargerfan's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,020
"A proper poser build cannot be complete without these emblems." .... chuckle




When looking for suspension parts, don't forget .... GE8 lowering springs work fine on GK5's. In a lot of cases, you'll find the better deal on the GE8 equiv. Best of luck!
 
  #12  
Old 07-09-2018, 07:24 PM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
When looking for suspension parts, don't forget .... GE8 lowering springs work fine on GK5's. In a lot of cases, you'll find the better deal on the GE8 equiv. Best of luck!
Too late, ordered the Eibachs today.
My horns arrived today but no time to put them in tonight.


I also snapped a few pics of the car de-badged with the tinted windows.




 
  #13  
Old 07-09-2018, 07:43 PM
evilchargerfan's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,020
i gotta say, the red accents look so good on a white car. very ...... integra/civic type-r ish
 
  #14  
Old 07-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Helios's Avatar
Member
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 201
White is the best mang... white Type R with red badges... oh yes.

Runner up is a yellow EK9 type R with white wheels.
 
  #15  
Old 07-11-2018, 08:32 PM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
White is the best mang... white Type R with red badges... oh yes.

Runner up is a yellow EK9 type R with white wheels.
White with red badges... or badge in this case. Still no gigantic 145x120mm for the front. I also installed my sport horns today; they sound awesome. I am no longer embarrassed to beep my horn.


 
  #16  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:57 PM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
According to UPS, my Eibachs will be here on Monday; I was hoping they would be here for install this weekend...

And finally, after having a 4th vendor tell me the HKS exhaust I ordered was out of stock (and thanks in large part to EvilChargerFan) I decided to go with one of these delicious Bisimoto Pulse Chamber exhausts. I ordered it today, no shipping info yet.

 
  #17  
Old 07-12-2018, 06:16 PM
evilchargerfan's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,020
just a heads up Rick, 2018 sport owners have reported a strange change in how Honda does the exhaust hanger mounts. the usual mount/hangers go front-to-back .... the 2018+ sport models appear to have a new hanger that goes side-to-side

one member had a shop weld on new hangers to his bisimoto. another member simply bent/twisted the oem hanger and improvised

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1405217
 
  #18  
Old 07-12-2018, 06:24 PM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
just a heads up Rick, 2018 sport owners have reported a strange change in how Honda does the exhaust hanger mounts. the usual mount/hangers go front-to-back .... the 2018+ sport models appear to have a new hanger that goes side-to-side

one member had a shop weld on new hangers to his bisimoto. another member simply bent/twisted the oem hanger and improvised

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1405217
Well aware; my DNA is all over your thread. Already ordered an aftermarket rubber hanger and I am standing by to tweak the Bisimoto bracket.
 
  #19  
Old 07-12-2018, 06:28 PM
evilchargerfan's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,020
nice! if you successfully pull that off, you'll essentially be laying the groundwork for future 2018+ sport owners when they buy any other aftermarket exhaust.
 
  #20  
Old 07-17-2018, 04:18 AM
UnFitRick's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 241
My springs showed up yesterday and I went ahead and installed them. Installation was pretty straightforward, although getting that nut off the top of the strut assemblies was a bit challenging.
FWIW, here is a pic of the first allen key I used while attempting to loosen the top nut... At least it didn't snap and the strut didn't strip.


Here is a pic of the kit. No pics of the car yet but it does look fantastic. IMO lowering the car 1.5 inches makes a dramatic difference in the car's look and stance. I would NOT want to go any lower. It was getting late when I finished up, so no pics of the car yet and no driving impressions; but it seems that my commute just keeps getting better and better these days...
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rick's 2019 Fit Sport Poser Build


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.