Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Sway Bars (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/86295-sway-bars.html)

jhn 08-31-2015 02:33 PM

I'll make an attempt to back up onto one oil change ramp and I'll take a picture to give a better indication of how it functions.

jhn 08-31-2015 05:22 PM

You can see here how the swaybar twists with the beam. Any stiffness in the swaybar adds to the stiffness of the beam:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...psiwg2h97x.jpg

stembridge 08-31-2015 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by jhn (Post 1318766)
It's very easy to install. 15 min.

Mine came today. I'll find out for sure when I jack the car up, but laying on my back, I didn't see any existing holes for mounting the bar. No biggie (I have a drill and know how to use it!) if not.

The bar comes with no install instructions, but "common" sense (which sadly ain't that common any more) should be sufficient – it's pretty obvious where it goes.

So out of the box, you get a bar and some Grade 5 (?) hardware. That's it.

es

jhn 08-31-2015 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by stembridge (Post 1318789)
Mine came today. I'll find out for sure when I jack the car up, but laying on my back, I didn't see any existing holes for mounting the bar. No biggie (I have a drill and know how to use it!) if not.

The bar comes with no install instructions, but "common" sense (which sadly ain't that common any more) should be sufficient – it's pretty obvious where it goes.

So out of the box, you get a bar and some Grade 5 (?) hardware. That's it.

es

If it is the same as mine, no drilling. The wind covers have to b removed. Holes are there.

Test thread the nuts on the bolts b4 you start.

stembridge 08-31-2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by jhn (Post 1318792)
If it is the same as mine, no drilling. The wind covers have to b removed. Holes are there.

Test thread the nuts on the bolts b4 you start.

Thx - went back out and looked again and see the rear hole - front is covered up as you say. Outta time for tonight, but hope to get it installed in the next day or two.

es

fit419 09-02-2015 12:18 PM

For any of you who have installed a rear sway bar, can you comment on how it has affected the handling? Does it cut down on understeer much?

jhn 09-02-2015 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by fit419 (Post 1318932)
For any of you who have installed a rear sway bar, can you comment on how it has affected the handling? Does it cut down on understeer much?

It's subtle. It feels more stable turning on/off freeway ramps w/ my rack and bikes on the back, yet still rides basically the same at straight line cruising speeds. My car still pushes like crazy though. Both turning off throttle and on. Inside tire is less likely to spin accelerating off turns, but the real way to fix that is with a diff(expensive).

I haven't driven it hard in the rain so I'm not sure on wet weather handling, but if better performance is the goal you'll see it with stiffer rear springs. Of course, the trade-off to springs is a crappier riding daily driver.

Overall, I like it and I'm glad I bought it.

stembridge 09-09-2015 09:01 AM

I finally installed mine last night, and definitely noticed a difference driving in to work today. Like jhn said, turn-in is a bit tighter and the car doesn't feel so wallowy through curves. Well worth the spend.

es

robertsmithfromthecure 09-10-2015 10:16 PM

Great news. Thanks for all the updates yall.

jukeboxx13 09-14-2015 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by jhn (Post 1318950)
It's subtle. It feels more stable turning on/off freeway ramps w/ my rack and bikes on the back, yet still rides basically the same at straight line cruising speeds. My car still pushes like crazy though. Both turning off throttle and on. Inside tire is less likely to spin accelerating off turns, but the real way to fix that is with a diff(expensive).

I haven't driven it hard in the rain so I'm not sure on wet weather handling, but if better performance is the goal you'll see it with stiffer rear springs. Of course, the trade-off to springs is a crappier riding daily driver.

Overall, I like it and I'm glad I bought it.

Do you have a link?

The progress I bought was for the last generation and got returned.

jhn 09-14-2015 11:25 PM

Honda Jazz GK (3rd Gen) 2WD 1.5 (2013) Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar / Rear Anti-roll Bar - Ultra Racing Product Catalog

Here's the part number. It's actually for the '13+ JDM Honda City:

UR-AR19-472

stembridge 09-15-2015 09:29 AM

I've had mine on a week now, and really like what it's done to the car, with no sacrifice in ride quality. I know I could upgrade more bits underneath to reduce understeer, etc., but honestly, I think I'm going to stop right here… happy customer.

es

bigbacon 09-23-2015 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by stembridge (Post 1319512)
I finally installed mine last night, and definitely noticed a difference driving in to work today. Like jhn said, turn-in is a bit tighter and the car doesn't feel so wallowy through curves. Well worth the spend.

es

hearing this I may have to get one. the roll is the thing I hate the most about the car and my wife is up in the air about putting the swift springs on as she has begun to like the not harsh ride.

We came from a mini cooper to this so it was night and day. I miss the stiffer ride but she is slowly not missing it and it is mainly her car.

is there a place in the US to get one?

2Rismo2 10-01-2015 02:00 PM

So is it $300 worth of better handling? Seems rather expensive for not a lot of material.

jhn 10-01-2015 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1321839)
So is it $300 worth of better handling? Seems rather expensive for not a lot of material.

I didn't pay near that much. I'm glad I have it.

2Rismo2 10-01-2015 04:31 PM

So how much and where did you buy it? I'd consider it, but the ones on ebay are near 3 bills.

jhn 10-01-2015 04:47 PM

Use the "make offer" option, or wait for the Progress to be released

bigbacon 10-15-2015 12:42 PM

progress has theirs listed on the site now. 178 bucks.

2Rismo2 10-15-2015 12:53 PM

Thanks, $178 sounds a lot better! It looks like a different setup than the UR unit: http://www.progressauto.com/ecom/download/62.1063.pdf

bigbacon 10-15-2015 02:31 PM

I ordered one. this setup actually seems a bit better to me.

hopefully it will cure some of the massive body roll the car has.