Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Sway Bars (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/86295-sway-bars.html)

kkim 01-27-2016 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1334017)

Not sure if anyone posted weight information. I'll be sure to weigh it as well since I have been weighing all my aftermarket parts.

I weighed mine before installing it and I found it to be 8.5lbs including hardware. Curious if your numbers will be the same. Nice addition to the Fit. :thumbups:

Myxalplyx 01-30-2016 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by kkim (Post 1334021)
I weighed mine before installing it and I found it to be 8.5lbs including hardware. Curious if your numbers will be the same. Nice addition to the Fit. :thumbups:

I got 8.2lbs (Hardware included)! So yeah, our numbers are the same. I was :( at first because I don't want to add any weight to the vehicle but the comments here are overwhelming.

Funny thing is I can not feel a difference but I'm horrible at describing these things because I don't trust my feeling about anything performance oriented. I have to test it somehow and have data to support it. I've been way off in the past. However, my wife being the passenger said she notice the car didn't lean as much when I went around certain corners on our usual trips to and from the house. I was like :eek: to hear her say that.

bigbacon 01-31-2016 06:28 PM

8 pounds isn't going to do anything to the car.

Myxalplyx 02-02-2016 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by bigbacon (Post 1334435)
8 pounds isn't going to do anything to the car.

You are not obsessed with weight like I am. EVERY weight is significant. A bunch of 8lbs add up. I have issues though. :rotfl: Continue with the thread! :p

BTW: My wife commented on the sway bar again. She commented from a passenger standpoint before. She drove the car around yesterday and said she can really feel a difference. Turns and corners where she felt the car lean before is very little to non-existent. She's actually happy with it. She NEVER comments on anything I do car related. Who is this woman? :confused: Thanks guys!

kingjerry14 02-02-2016 11:53 AM

FYI: THMotorsports Progress anti-sway bar is backordered. Shipping ETA is 2/19/16 and I ordered on 1/16/16.

Patiently waiting for better handling!

bigbacon 02-02-2016 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1334568)
You are not obsessed with weight like I am. EVERY weight is significant. A bunch of 8lbs add up. I have issues though. :rotfl: Continue with the thread! :p

BTW: My wife commented on the sway bar again. She commented from a passenger standpoint before. She drove the car around yesterday and said she can really feel a difference. Turns and corners where she felt the car lean before is very little to non-existent. She's actually happy with it. She NEVER comments on anything I do car related. Who is this woman? :confused: Thanks guys!

when your wife can tell the different, mine could also, you know it was worth it.

Thestig0711 02-02-2016 06:22 PM

Ordered this sway bar today and some h&r springs to go on mine. Everything was in stock and will be here Friday. Waiting to feel the difference if it's worth it or not. I'm used to driving my Evo and Bmw m3 that had minimal body roll.

dwtaylorpdx 02-02-2016 07:23 PM

You'll notice,, but I have a 330XI with factory BMW sport suspension, rides a lot like a M3. Very very solid road feel. and the Fit has more roll than it, but Its kinda what I expect.. YMMV

Vjaramillo 02-02-2016 08:13 PM

Hey. Does our fit have a front sway bar?

stembridge 02-03-2016 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Vjaramillo (Post 1334632)
Hey. Does our fit have a front sway bar?

Yes.

es

Vjaramillo 02-03-2016 10:39 AM

What's the thickness on our stock one? And how hard is it to install?

bigbacon 02-03-2016 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Thestig0711 (Post 1334623)
Ordered this sway bar today and some h&r springs to go on mine. Everything was in stock and will be here Friday. Waiting to feel the difference if it's worth it or not. I'm used to driving my Evo and Bmw m3 that had minimal body roll.

if you are used to more planted platforms I'm pretty sure you'll notice the difference. Obviously it isn't going to turn your fit into a M3 but it definitely gets rid of a lot of the ridiculous body roll and body rebounding.

Again, if peoples' wives can notice, then you know it is working and making a difference.

Thestig0711 02-03-2016 06:36 PM

That's great. I sure drive this thing a lot out of all my vehicles. Almost 30k miles in a year and one cross country trip, next one is this June. Can't beat the great mpg and fun drive it is.

stembridge 02-04-2016 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vjaramillo (Post 1334703)
What's the thickness on our stock one? And how hard is it to install?

Unknown to me… Installation difficulty will depend on whether the stock bar can be removed without having to drop other stuff out of the way. It might be fairly easy, but then again… ;)

es

jhn 02-04-2016 12:48 PM

25mm and you have to drop the sub frame and remove the steering rack.

Thestig0711 02-04-2016 05:16 PM

Progress sway bar came in this afternoon, install took as long as it took to jack the car up and put it on jackstands, super easy install. Drove it and I can notice some diffence but not much, still a good amount of body roll. H&R springs arrived as well but can't install them yet till the warrantied strut comes off back order.

Who has a front sway bar installed and which one? I'm leaning towards Cusco.

Myxalplyx 02-20-2016 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Thestig0711 (Post 1334873)
Progress sway bar came in this afternoon, install took as long as it took to jack the car up and put it on jackstands, super easy install. Drove it and I can notice some diffence but not much, still a good amount of body roll. H&R springs arrived as well but can't install them yet till the warrantied strut comes off back order.

Who has a front sway bar installed and which one? I'm leaning towards Cusco.

Interesting to read your comment on not noticing much difference. I still can't tell but I don't turn corners aggressively and I'm not that in tuned with my car going around bends. It turned ok before and turns ok now....I think. Can't remember how it turned but I can go around corners pretty quick but I never really tried before so....

Anyhow, any links to these front Cusco sway bars you mentioned? I did a quick search and nothing came up on anyone having them installed here (on the late model Fit anyways). I did see a pdf of the 2014 Fit with a pic of them here --> http://www.cuscousainc.com/downloads...w_products.pdf

Says the product number is 3A2 311 A28. Custo USA site has those.
Vehicle Results
It would be nice though if the site actually said what year these sway bars are for though, outside of looking at that pdf.

So, are you getting those (Got them already)? What is your impression of them and/or how do you think it will complement the car's handling?

Vjaramillo 02-20-2016 08:39 PM

Installed my progressive a few months ago and noticed a big different. Even my family noticed the difference while riding in the back. More stuff and less bouncy. Riding on tanabe springs. Getting tanabe' front strut brace but keeping the stock sway bar.

kingjerry14 03-03-2016 01:17 PM

THMotorsports finally delivered my Progress anti-sway bar on Monday. Installed it last night and went on a short drive. Definitely a difference in the curves. I love it. I no longer fear the rear end sliding out at higher speeds. I feel firmly planted on the ground throughout the turn. Very happy with it!

jhn 03-03-2016 01:24 PM

[QUOTE I no longer fear the rear end sliding out at higher speeds. I feel firmly planted on the ground throughout the turn. Very happy with it![/QUOTE]

You should. Whichever end you add/stiffen the bar will make that end slide easier. If you add a rear bar, you should drive in slippery conditions with more caution because it will make it more likely to spin out turning off throttle. This is the real reason a rear bar is added, not to reduce roll. It really doesn't reduce roll much at all. It's for people who want the back to slide out easier for faster turning.