Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Sway Bars (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/86295-sway-bars.html)

bigbacon 11-10-2015 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1325862)
Nice! Where did you order and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

i ordered straight from progress. I think with the shipping it was like 205 dollar.

2Rismo2 11-10-2015 09:19 AM

Not sure if it's too late to cancel, but I found this link a while back and I thought I posted it on here. Maybe not on this thread but somewhere:

PTUNING.COM | Performance Auto Parts Warehouse, Installation, and Dyno Tuning

Free shipping w/ $178.50

bigbacon 11-16-2015 01:28 PM

it came today. not sure if I'll be able to install it today.

bigbacon 11-17-2015 11:49 AM

Super easy install. takes 30 minutes. You could probably even install this thing without even jacking up the car.

all I needed was two ratchets, deep 17mm socket, regular 17mm socket, some wobble extensions.

The only ttricky bit is getting on the bolts behind the shock. You will need extensions. Wrenches would not fit under the shock or at least mine didn't. I was going to toss some blue locktite on the threads but forgot. Not sure that really matters though.

kkim 11-17-2015 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bigbacon (Post 1326740)
Super easy install. takes 30 minutes. You could probably even install this thing without even jacking up the car.

all I needed was two ratchets, deep 17mm socket, regular 17mm socket, some wobble extensions.

The only ttricky bit is getting on the bolts behind the shock. You will need extensions. Wrenches would not fit under the shock or at least mine didn't. I was going to toss some blue locktite on the threads but forgot. Not sure that really matters though.

Driving impressions, please?

bigbacon 11-17-2015 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by kkim (Post 1326748)
Driving impressions, please?

I'll post later. I have about a 2 hour drive to make this evening.

2Rismo2 11-17-2015 01:48 PM

Did you happen to weigh it out of curiosity? Do you think it's be better to install it without weight on the suspension or does it not matter

bigbacon 11-17-2015 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1326752)
Did you happen to weigh it out of curiosity? Do you think it's be better to install it without weight on the suspension or does it not matter

I really dont know. It was just an observation after I lowered the car down that it seemed like I could climb under there and install it without raising the car up. I don't really know if it would work or not.

I also have no instrument to weigh anything with, the UPS manifest listed the entire packaging at 11 pounds.

bigbacon 11-18-2015 08:41 AM

this is my opinion:

But I think added the rear bar made a huge difference. The body roll seems greatly reduced and it also lost the rebounding as you come out of a corner. The body no longer really rolls to the outside of the corner then rebounds back to the other side before it settles. Feels like it just rolls a bit and snaps back straight.

Steering seems a bit floatier maybe, I cant think of the right words to use or like it wants to dart into the turn a bit more.

Overall though, it added much needed confidence in a corner to me. There are many places around where I live that going into a corner fast would toss the body around and it would feel not so right but it seems much better now.

Again, I am no suspension expert and will never claim to be but it surely does feel much better. Once my wife gets a chance to drive it I could add her thoughts because she always complained a well about the excessive body lean and rebounding.

jonny2slow4u 11-18-2015 02:05 PM

now it is less confortable?

bigbacon 11-18-2015 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jonny2slow4u (Post 1326897)
now it is less confortable?

No it isn't

kkim 11-18-2015 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigbacon (Post 1326869)
this is my opinion:

But I think added the rear bar made a huge difference. The body roll seems greatly reduced and it also lost the rebounding as you come out of a corner. The body no longer really rolls to the outside of the corner then rebounds back to the other side before it settles. Feels like it just rolls a bit and snaps back straight.

Steering seems a bit floatier maybe, I cant think of the right words to use or like it wants to dart into the turn a bit more.

Overall though, it added much needed confidence in a corner to me. There are many places around where I live that going into a corner fast would toss the body around and it would feel not so right but it seems much better now.

Again, I am no suspension expert and will never claim to be but it surely does feel much better. Once my wife gets a chance to drive it I could add her thoughts because she always complained a well about the excessive body lean and rebounding.

Thanks for the feedback. You may want to adjust tire pressures front to rear to fine tune the handling. Sound like a bit of oversteer you are experiencing. This sway bar is definitely on my list now. :)

Suspension Adjustments for Handling

bigbacon 11-18-2015 07:26 PM

Naa. Just need better tires, which is on the list for the spring

jhn 11-23-2015 09:29 PM

Did you happen to weigh the Progress bar by chance?

bigbacon 11-24-2015 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jhn (Post 1327473)
Did you happen to weigh the Progress bar by chance?

this was answered above somewhere. I have no tool to weigh it but the shipping manifest from UPS said the whole thing was 11 pounds.

kkim 12-08-2015 11:47 PM

ordered my progress rear sway bar. should be here in a couple of days. I'll weigh it before installing it... if I remember. :)

kkim 12-12-2015 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed Progress rear sway today. It weighs 8.5 lbs.

jonny2slow4u 12-13-2015 09:50 AM

better handling?

jhn 12-13-2015 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by kkim (Post 1329263)
Installed Progress rear sway today. It weighs 8.5 lbs.

Thanks. I figured they are heavy. My UR is about the same maybe a little lighter. Less material possibly.

I filled my rear suspension bushings with urethane and that possibly made a bigger contribution to reducing body roll than the sway bar. Crazy how much the bushing are designed to move around.

jonny2slow4u 12-13-2015 12:29 PM

what trade is the rear suspension bushings?