dealer stock search

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
dealer stock search

Is there a place to search dealer inventories without seding individual emails to all the dealers in the area?
I'm interested in test driving a manual trans fit. Nobody seems to have them, or the Manuals coming in are already spoken for. Is anyone aware of a search engine for dealer stock, or has anyone seen a manual trans car at a dealership that coudl be test driven?
I liked the handling on the automatic Fit I drove, but I was dissapointed with the way it oozed over about 50 MPH. Granted, I did have 3 adults in the car, and I'm coming from a WRX. If a manual trans was just a little bit faster, I coudl live with it.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
I definitely recommend the stick, it is a nice unit and, based on everything I've read, makes the car feel more powerful.

As for cars, I would call Honda of San Leandro and Oakland. The dealer in Fremont also had a couple last time I was there. Some of the websites let you do a dealer search.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Try Dublin Honda. I bought my MT there on the 13th of this month. The sales guy checked the inventory for me for other color MTs and said another Red one was due to arrive in a couple weeks that has not already be pre-sold.

As far as power, I felt it was slow getting on the freeway even with the Manual, but I was going fairly easy on the throttle during the test drive since I intended to buy the car anyhow. After the break-in, I'm sure some additional throttle will help. 1st gear feels very short though..

Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Since getting a manual trans Fit, I have noticed that if it's 2 or less adults in the car, the acceleration is adequate, but if you get 4 adults, it barely moves at all.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, I am leaving my 06 WRX too. I will miss her but gas is killing me. I have found, at least here in MA, the online inventories are full of crap. My local Honda dealer listed 15 Fits in their inventory and when i got there they had 1 in automatic. I have so far waited a month for the Fit to come in. Meanwhile, the price they offered for the trade still stands firm despite me puttting on another 3,000 miles on the WRX. They better not try to pull crap with me by renegotiating a trade in price. The Honda dealer promised me on multiple occasions the car would only take a month and the offer still stands. They have $500 of my money by the way as a deposit....

Old 06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by EXWRX
Is there a place to search dealer inventories without seding individual emails to all the dealers in the area?
I'm interested in test driving a manual trans fit. Nobody seems to have them, or the Manuals coming in are already spoken for. Is anyone aware of a search engine for dealer stock, or has anyone seen a manual trans car at a dealership that coudl be test driven?
I liked the handling on the automatic Fit I drove, but I was dissapointed with the way it oozed over about 50 MPH. Granted, I did have 3 adults in the car, and I'm coming from a WRX. If a manual trans was just a little bit faster, I coudl live with it.
I'm trading in my WRX for an auto Fit Sport. The thrill of driving faster than the next guy in a straight line has been lessened by the cost for premium, the low mpg, and having to shift all the time. My higher insurance premium for the WRX sucks, also. Why are you thinking of going to a Fit ?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
I drive 125 per day 5 days a week. This is my 2nd WRX but when gas prices went to $3+ and seem to be staying there I just could not justify the fuel expense for the WRX. I have had many Hondas in the past (CRX's, Civic Si's and an S2000) so needless to say the Fit will get me back into the Honda fold for cheap and judging by what the press and owners say, it is a "drivers" car. My other choice was a Mini but I don;t trust the reliability and it take premium gas.....I have 15" Konig wheels, Aspec muffler ,Tanabe GF210 springs and a Zeta interior trim kit just waiting in anticipation for the Fit to arrive. I guess you can say I spent my gas savings already!.....oh ya, I will save on insurance and have a lower car payment to boot.......

Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
I got the Fit Sport manual trans. I haven'tyet sold the Rex. I need to get a new windshield installed and do a cleanup inside and out, but then it goes on the market. . . I miss the power, and I found it more relaxing to drive on the freeway, but the Fit handles about as well and still gives me my grins(from the steering wheel, not the go pedal) I'm also enjoying paying a bit more than half as much per mile. time and a half the MPG, plus cheap gas