*Official Bay Area AutoX Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:21 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Nice vid, plenty of good tire screachin goin on. What suspension are you using?

Old 01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Retired Moderator
I was on T1R coilovers in that run.
They are a little too stiff for my Fit, since i DD it. So im back on springs now. Those coils definetly shined out there though, no body roll at all. Stock tires really held back my time, hopefully that will change soon. I got a new set of rims coming, and im looking into getting some good rubber for them

Old 01-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
some sticky rubber makes a HUGE difference if you have a super stiff suspension. I have been a big fan of the BFG G-Force. I have ran some kumho's too, and they are super predictable and cheap for great wet and dry handling. I just always get the BFG's now. its extra money but they don't get as noisey when tread drops down as kumhos. My fit still on stock dunlops. They do OK and actually break loose pretty predictably, but the rear suspensions f'n suck on the fit. Definitely NO performance gained from it. I'm running H&R sport springs, and its much improved over stock for daily driving and handling, but still sloppiest/choppiest handling vehicle I have owned since my 74 datsun.

It's still super fun for a commuter car. I took it up hwy 80 to tahoe recently, with roof rack, 4 peeps, 4 boards, and weekend gear. As long as you keep momentum 75mph+ it books up the mountain. As soon as you lose momentum 1 time, it takes forever to get going again even in 3rd, and you gotta use sport mode with paddles for sure.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
some sticky rubber makes a HUGE difference if you have a super stiff suspension. I have been a big fan of the BFG G-Force. I have ran some kumho's too, and they are super predictable and cheap for great wet and dry handling. I just always get the BFG's now. its extra money but they don't get as noisey when tread drops down as kumhos. My fit still on stock dunlops. They do OK and actually break loose pretty predictably, but the rear suspensions f'n suck on the fit. Definitely NO performance gained from it. I'm running H&R sport springs, and its much improved over stock for daily driving and handling, but still sloppiest/choppiest handling vehicle I have owned since my 74 datsun.

It's still super fun for a commuter car. I took it up hwy 80 to tahoe recently, with roof rack, 4 peeps, 4 boards, and weekend gear. As long as you keep momentum 75mph+ it books up the mountain. As soon as you lose momentum 1 time, it takes forever to get going again even in 3rd, and you gotta use sport mode with paddles for sure.
Very true, Tires are a huge factor in handling.
Do you have progress rear sway bar? My car handled AWESOME on progress springs and sway bar, then the T1R coils and sway bar handled amazing, and now skunk2 springs and swaybar it really handles awesome. Everyone one who drives my car is always amazed with its handling performance. Maybe you are used to really really crazy good handling cars haha.

Im going to start taking my Fit up to Tahoe, maybe in a few weeks, thats another reason why im on springs, so it will make it possible to throw chains on if needed. Is your Fit an AT aswell? I was very curious of how the Fit would do up in the mountains, sounds pretty sweet from what your saying. Have you ever had to throw chains on it? If so how did it do with that? Thanks man!

Old 01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Haven't had to yet, but got a set from Honda through a hookup SCC super low clearance Z chains, really the only ones you should use on the car. I'm pretty sure I would be stuck at 5mph losing the plastic liners with OEM wheels and 1.7 inch drop. I do have the Sport AT with paddles, it works surprisingly well.

And I'm used to driving killer handling vehicles. My accord has Neuspeed Race springs, valve matched Neuspeed modified Koni SP3 sport shocks with shortened shafts and extra height perches, all the way down in front, rollin forged 17s that weigh 14lbs, 8lb flywheel, exedy stage 2 clutch, Gforce rubber. That, and all the cars at my last job were 400hp or more for the most part. Grown up in car and powersports business.

You still running progress rear bar only? or did you switch rear sways again. I wish they had OEM thicker rear sways from a performance model, I love the Accord cuz you could take any CLS/TLS parts and they fit perfectly

Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TOOL
First UFO event in Marina yesterday was AMAZING!
Fit did pretty good. I was the only Fot out there this time though, hope to see more in the future.
Heres a vid from a few of my runs yesterday-
YouTube - Honda Fit AutoX. Marina CA. 1/25/09
Nice vids. That was a very strange course layout, are they
always that square at the 510 club courses??

I have a new camera I'll be using at Oakland (SCCA Boondoggle) on Sunday Feb 1. That is if I get my camera mount done in time. I do have my 4-point restrain done and a couple of other new, legal mods to try out. I'll be there in the afternoon working on left-foot braking.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by mrFroge
Nice vids. That was a very strange course layout, are they
always that square at the 510 club courses??

I have a new camera I'll be using at Oakland (SCCA Boondoggle) on Sunday Feb 1. That is if I get my camera mount done in time. I do have my 4-point restrain done and a couple of other new, legal mods to try out. I'll be there in the afternoon working on left-foot braking.
The course was indeed strange.
I found it to be a very challenging course to figure lines through.

I may make it out to that SCCA event on the 1st, idk if im going to run yet though. Ive never ran a SCCA event, i may go out and watch you run though. Us Fit AT AutoX guys need to get together one of these days and talk track Ill let you know soon on weather ill be out there or not

Old 04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Retired Moderator
UFO AutoX May 3rd in Marina CA.
Ill be there! Lets get some more Fits to participate.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
link?
u809nu809n7u89u

Old 04-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Retired Moderator
BUMP! May 3rd event getting closer!

Old 07-18-2009, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
pics from today's Autox

http://picasaweb.google.com/heisssenberg/Autocross718#

Old 07-18-2009, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
oh man, i can't wait to go back home. i'll be in vallejo early november....... hopefully.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EXWRX
http://picasaweb.google.com/heisssenberg/Autocross718#
Thanks Jeff!
I did not know that anybody took pics! I was upset that Tamara did not do it at all, but she had her hands full with Lara.
I was curious to see how much body roll I had with kg/mm's and I got that from your photo.
I blew my chance to shine in official runs, but I had so much fun in fun runs. I am more than satisfied with my first outing in over a decade with my recently resurected CRX. With dedicated AutoX steam rollers it would be fun spanking 20 year younger machinery!

Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
the pics are down.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Picasa Web Albums - Jeff - Autocross 7/18#
try that. I know the photos didn't post right, but I think that link should work. I wish I'd taken more pictures later in the day, but my brain was too hot to think about taking pictures of all the beautiful cars.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
nice pics

Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Autocross #9 - October 25, 2009

Might be out there this coming sunday!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
TOOL, post some more Autox events!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Retired Moderator
UFO season has one more this year i belive, ill post the info in a few.
As you can see, im not a huge fan of the SCCA events, i stick to UFO stuff. I enjoy it more. Tracks are better IMO.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
What is the diffrence between the two besides track layout?

Quick Reply: *Official Bay Area AutoX Thread*