So what are our choices for buying Fit parts in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 PM
So what are our choices for buying Fit parts in Canada

If I'm buying from the US I might as well go Ebay. Most of the time it's free shipping with in the US and I have a shipping connection just as long as it can get to the border. Now I'm just currious who's distributing for us Canucks. Like AEM or Fujita? Best price I've seen in canada for an intake is $250 brand new. I can get the same intake from ebay for $167USD. so with taxes in I'm just over 200. I can't believe how much aftermarket stuff is for our fits. The Civic and other honda guys don't pay anywhere near as much for their stuff. I think the kicker for the Fit's is that damn 2.5" diameter piping where most intakes are 3"

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Retired Moderator
There are lots of places that can get parts for your Fit. I found my AEM CAI locally for $300 when it just came out. Your best bet is to contact Ben over at AJ Racing, they can get you almost anything for your Fit...

Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Just curious.... is the Fit your first car that you've bought aftermarket parts for? The reason I ask is because this is not my first and I've noticed quit the deviation in cost and it's odd considering the amount of fits that are out there ( in perspective of mass production) and it's class. I can see expensive aftermarket parts for BMW and C5's. But a sub compact? I would make my own intake if it wasn't 2.5". IMO 300 bucks for an intake is pretty excessive for 5 hp. There must be more options out there considering how many fits are out there ( world wide) Even an intake for my low aftermarket following GM is $150 bucks.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah, I've had a Protege 5 before and a smart car that I modded. I understand that price is usually an issue and that intakes can be pretty cheap. I got the intake before AEM started shipping and had to be special ordered from AEM. I'm sure the price has gone down since. Honestly, I don't mind paying a bit more for quality parts. If you think it isn't worth it, then go out and make your own, you don't need to go and buy anything you think is overpriced. The Fit is still new in NA and most applications are for overseas Fit's which are shorter than the NA version, so there are some slight differences that affect some parts and that will mean new R&D and higher prices. I'm sure you can go find yourself a SRI sometime soon on eBay for like $100...

Old 02-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by MarkB
Just curious.... is the Fit your first car that you've bought aftermarket parts for? The reason I ask is because this is not my first and I've noticed quit the deviation in cost and it's odd considering the amount of fits that are out there ( in perspective of mass production) and it's class.
The Fit has been offered in North America for less than a year. Some of the other market parts will bolt up, but the intakes seems to be different.

So companies invested into R&D to make proper fitting parts, determine the best gains, etc. Now they want to recoup on those costs.

When I started modding my Integra 9 years ago, parts were easily twice what I'd pay for them now.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
i can get a CRAZY deal from Lordco so if anyone want's anything from them, just PM me.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:11 PM
If anyone can hook me up with a Fujita for under 200 then I'm in. $250 makes me want to wait and/or build my own. I've build way more complicated things and my friends are welding aluminum now. My current project is making an IM for my M62 project on the SF. So yes I would like an intake for the fit, but I think you guys can see where I'm going with this....