Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

JULY 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by AJ Racing

Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Thumbs up JULY 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by AJ Racing

For this month's contest, ANYONE that enters will win something! Excited? Read on...

July 2007 Fit of the Month Contest!
Sponsored by AJ Racing!

July Contest Theme:

Motorsports: Do you want to increase the performance of your Fit? Do you want your Fit to accelerate faster, wish your Fit handled better, want your fit to really stop on a dime, or do you just want to make it stand out in a crowd?
Tell us how you want to improve your Fit!

To enter this contest, please include:

1) At least 3 Pictures of your fit. Action shots, and pictures capturing you and how you use your Fit. As always extra points given for creative photography.

2) A creative write-up *(100 words or more) about your Fit and how you want to improve it.

The Goods:

The grand prize winner will receive a T1R 50S Sport Exhaust System!!!!!!!!!

Description:
The T1R 50S Sport Exhaust System is a complete, high-flowing 50mm cat-back exhaust designed for optimal performance. The Sport Exhaust features 1.2mm pipe thickness to reduce exhaust weight for POWER to WEIGHT ratio. This provides an extremely high exhaust flow rate for maximum power gain. The muffler also comes with a removable silencer for further noise reduction if required. The T1R Exhaust System is made from SUS304 aircraft stainless steel for extra strength, durability, and resistance against corrosion. TheSport Exhaust also features a unique titanium exhaust tip with blue gradation for a distintictive appearance.

*****Winner can only receive the exhaust and cannot exchange for any other part/credit*****

Also, each participant will receive a set of T1R Reservoir Tank Covers and a voucher good for 1 year and also 10% off the T1R product line up *Free*(discount excludes Turbo Kit and Front/Rear Brake Systems)

Everyone will walk away with a prize!

The more effort you put in, the bigger the chance you will have at winning the grand prize. At AJR, effort equals everything.

Contest is open to stock or modified cars.

Thanks again to AJ Racing for sponsoring our July Fit of the Month Contest!

Visit the AJ Racing Forum Here

Get your entries in before the end of July!

Last edited by Dojo; 07-19-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Oh...my...gawd...the mother ship of Fit mods has put their foot in the proverbial FOTM door...

Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member

Sweeeeeeet!!!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
good luck to everyone!!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Paulo107
good luck to everyone!!!!
Did you mean, "I'm going to win this one, too!"?

Seriously, though: Good luck, guys and gals!

Hopefully, I won't end up in hospital bed again.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
whoever wins this one is lucky!!!!! gl every1!

Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GDLover
Did you mean, "I'm going to win this one, too!"?

Seriously, though: Good luck, guys and gals!

Hopefully, I won't end up in hospital bed again.
i am not gonna compete silly everyone has to be a winner even you
now show off that car

Old 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Well, lets see here. I got the car in May of 2006. I already had parts waiting on the car to get here.

Put the little parts that I had on the car. After 2 weeks of owning the car I decided that it was time to lower it.

By this time, it was October of 2006, when disater strikes, I hit a deer doing 55-60 mph. And did $8,000 damage to the car.

So after the car bei
ng in the body shop for 2 months, and again waiting on the car I had ordered more parts.

Race Wheels and Tires

15 x 7 Kosei K1's wrapped in Yokohama Advan AO32R's

And these are the most recent pictures that I have. I would have more showing me auto - xing, but my friend lost his hard drive with the pictures on it. So I have to wait until August for the next event to get some true pictures.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Good luck everybody!

Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm... I was debating if I should join or not..there's alot of deserving fits out here... But then again, I decided i should give it a try...

I was choosing on getting either a CRV (), Civic, Fit and a Yaris (yeah /hides), I used to see the fit on the streets and at 1st I did'nt like it that much.
One day, We decided to go to Honda to check out the "Fit". We weren't expecting to find one but we did anyways and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately,
They didn't have it in TW so we decided to wait it off... I'm glad we did.

A couple weeks after, we decided to get the Fit. We needed something that is easy to drive, good for going to work and school, and could fit a carseat in the back if we decide to start a family(in the next yr or so).

About upgrades, There's still a whole lot that I want to change, Intake, Exhaust, Tie/Sway bars, and coilovers in the future.

1st day it came home...

here's my baby bone stock and 2 days old...

with my hubby's ep..

hubby (holding the stockies) and our friends working on the springs..

friends testing out the newly dropped car..

then disaster struck when i was buying my lil bro a new computer..

$150 after

Finally new shoes...

Finally got its much needed update several months after.. Because my hubby loves photography. We bought his camera stuff first b4 my mods..

- driving buddies...

- up in GaMeRz..

It was really worth the wait though. I got the rims the I've always wanted... and a happy hubby.

--grace

Last edited by hotkamote; 07-31-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Motorsports: Tell us how you want to improve your Fit!

Well I initially bought the Fit to grow up a bit. By that I mean, to drive something good on fuel and something cheaper to insure (my current other car is a Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R and my previous daily driver was a Mitsubishi EVO 6.5 Tomi Makkinen Edition). But being a car modifying junkie I couldn't help myself. I figure that every car can be bettered and that included my daily driver. So here's a picture story of events, hopefully it'll give you some insight into how I'm trying to improve my fit.

--

Picked up the little car from the dealers and went straight to JDMyard.com, my mates who sell all sorts of great JDM goodies. Notice the plates they gave me say "ANAS YO?" I knew I had to replace them ASAP!!!

--

Walked out of JDMyard with some goodies to improve handling. As they say, it's best to spend up on suspension and tyres before power. A formula I use on every car I modify.

--

But before whacking these mods on I took the bare bones stock as a rock little Fit to Wakefield Park race track for a fang as it's always best to just track a car in order to figure out just what modification you might need. I'd only done 1,000kms but to hell with it, best way to break a car in, in my opinion! I did a 1.21 which isn't too shabby and I walked away from the day with a massive smile on my face. Brakes were great and didn't fade too badly at all. Handling is amazingly neutral. I was totally surprised at what this little car could do out there on a track. So much so that I knew I had to mod the car some more (hey if it was a lemon in the handling department I might not have bothered!). Here's a video of the day from inside my Fit:

--

Modifying is also about experimenting. I believe that you can't just go off things you read in magazines and forums. Sometimes you just really have to try things out for yourself in order to gain experience. I know that if you bung on a pod filter on most turbo cars, you get massive gains. I wanted to try a short ram despite reading all the info online about heat soak. I felt a great change, more response and a little more sound which is always nice but then I tried a CAI and bought a J's racing air guide to guide air into the pod. I've found the CAI to bee even better than the SRI. I felt like I lost a little bit of response down low but gained everywhere else and it's nice to know I'm grabbing cold air at all times.

HKS short ram

TODA CAI

J's intake air guide into the pod filter/CAI.

--

My new plates to replace "ANAS YO"! How "fitting"! It's always nice to give your car more character with nice plates. It's like giving your car a name.

--

My project is coming along nicely. I've got the coilovers in and J's racing roll centre adjusters on the car (as I've lowered it a fair bit). I've found the right damper setting too. Sydney roads are shocking to say the least and as it is now it soaks up massive pot holes no worries at all.

--

Can't ever do with too little chassis bracing. I doubt my Fit will ever see a full welded in roll cage so chassis bracing is the direction I am heading in.

--

Feel is important to me. The mugen short shifter ads to the sporty feeling some more. Every little bit helps the fun factor.

--

Next was weight savings, perhaps the most effective way to make a Honda go faster!

- Stock wheels: 7.7kg/wheel x 4 = 30.8kgs
- Buddy club QF: 4.6kgs/wheel x 4 = 18.6kgs
= Weight saving of 12.2kgs (unsprung weight FTW!).

- Rear magic system seats = 30kgs
- Spare wheel + tyre = 15kgs
- Rear spare wheel floor cover/panel = 4kgs
- Rear sliding parcel tray/luggage cover = 2kgs
- Tool kit = 2kgs
- Rear floor mats = 1kg

TOTAL: 66.2kgs!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some more heavy stuff removed/replaced:
Axle back stock exhaust (8kgs)
Stock Airbox (2.7kgs)
Stock suspension (20kgs)

On the cards:
Bucket seats to replace front seats
Headers
Titanium cat-back
Lightened pulley
Lightened battery

--

I've always been a fan of semis for everyday street use! A set of Toyo R888 semi slicks are now on, they warm up very quick and they're also great in the wet. Cornering speeds have increased and confidence has increased even more.

--

So, even though my GT-R is my dedicated track car. I find the Jazz so much more fun on the street, and in some ways, on the track too. It's all about how much time I am flat chat on the accelerator and how I can just chuck the little car into the corners without lifting off. It's all about momentum and planing ahead if I want to overtake someone. I've been so surprised about this little car. She's a very fun daily driver (I drive 30km to and from work daily), fun in corners, lots of feel, like a track car for the street. I've got a Nardi 330mm steering wheel ready to go on the car, the J's racing X brace and I've bought a K20A too but that's on ice for now. I'm really looking forward to taking it to the track again now that she's getting all set up and ready to go!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
j-fox i am jealous of your car and whats in your garage

Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
My SSM Fit Sport

Well... I went from a 2000 Civic SiR with a B16A and that got smushed in an accident so I ended up selling it 2 years later... I ran the car in the drags here in Calgary and blew my motor against a 69 Chevelle SS. The engine blew cause I was running too lean with my ZEX nitrous kit, I swear I had that Chevelle that was running 14s all day..! I blew the motor just past the halfway point down the track and I coasted in neutral past the finish line with a 16.1!

After that, I bought a full size GMC pickup! that lasted me 6 weeks then my friend rolled it and wrote it off. My insurance sky rocketed and I couldn't afford to get a new car til 4 years later!!!

Now I have my new FIT! I love her... good ol' Silver Bullet is her name

My mods are to be able to show ppl what a Fit can do and that it isn't like every other B-segment slowmobile... I'd like to take her to do some autocross... i'm going to race my friend at the drags this month in his R18 2006 Civic EX! That will be a funny site!

Enkei RPF1s 15" (saved a total of 11lbs per corner with tire and rim combo over stock!), T1R Carbon Intake, Greddy Ti-C axleback... and a bunch of little things. I've focused on performance over looks for now, and I am not nearly satisfied enough... I am in the search for more power... I need something that'll make my L15A motor act like its on steroids!

As for future mods.. I am waiting "patiently" for the AJR Pulley as I am sure that'll give some more spark.. possibly the mugen shirt shifter.. but I may be looking to add some much needed boost!

hope you like her as much as I do!

Last edited by YeeFit; 07-10-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Well here's my shot at things.

Story starts 3 weeks ago today, I'm driving my 96 Grand Am home from work and it just dies at a stoplight on the way home. I noticed it was getting a little hot, maybe it overheated, but that didn't tell me why it just stopped running. So I sit there while I call the wife and get a towtruck on the way. Well, try to at least, it was going to be 2 hours before they could get a tow to me! Well I tried a few more times to start it, got lucky and it caught, got me past the busy intersection and to my turn off where it died again. Fortunately this time someone stopped and helped my push it thru the turn and off to the side of the road.

Anyways I get it home, there is no coolant at all in the reserve tank and it took both gallons that I had so that had me worried especially when I didn't see an obvious leak on the ground from the past few days. Sure enough, I check the oil and it's turned all milky, I've got a blown head gasket! I get some price estimates and 13 hours of labor was going to cost me more then the car was worth, $1500, all for a gasket on an engine with 180k miles on it. Wasn't looking to be worth that money so we went car shopping the next day.

With my budget there was only one new car I could afford that I was actually interested in, the Honda Fit. It was either that or look at used cars. So we go to the local honda dealer and they had a few on the lot, looked them over, took a Sport AT for a test drive, but of course they had no Sport MT's in stock. The dealer tried hard to talk me into an automatic, I was about to get up and go home to start calling other dealers in town when he offered to call around and see about a dealer trade.

Well he found 10 Sport MT's on the locator, spent over an hour calling them, every place he called they were already spoken for. One of the guys flat out told him he wouldn't find one. I would have been surprised but I was hoping because it was going to be August before they got one on a truck. The last place he called had a Red Sport MT in stock that wasn't spoken for! Finally! So they went and got it late that night and I took delivery the next afternoon. The guy who said it wouldn't happen still doesn't believe he managed to find one.

Mods, none yet, it's bone stock, but then I haven't had it for 3 weeks yet and I'm still on my first tank of gas. Handles great, moves well enough for the gas milage it gets. I've got my eye on upgrading the intake, exhaust, header and maybe some coilovers for a start, but with a couple little ones and our first house car upgrades will have to wait. Besides I've gota get it past the breakin period first. lol I've been thinking of trying some autocrossing now that I have a car worth taking.

Couldn't have picked a better color if I had a choice, which I didn't.

Update: Just this past week I took my Fit and picked up a closet door for my brother as it won't fit in his Mustang. It's a bit ironic that to bring home a large object he needed a smaller car.

Last edited by jtallen123; 07-21-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
June 2007 2nd Place Fit of the Month Winner
so is anything for the fit up for grabs, or just a few items, price range...
this suspense is killer. im going to need to come up with something nifty.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:01 PM
my fit

Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Super Fit!

Hi Folks, here is my Honda Fit SSM 5MT! So far I have only a handful of mods, the RTX wheels, Fujita intake, some Tanabe GF210 springs (still on the way... since May) & Mugen Visors.

I use my Honda for everything, as you can see I lead a pretty active lifestyle.

Snowboarding,

Roller Blading,

Mountain Biking!!
I LOVE MY BIKE BY THE WAY!
My NORCO Fluid Two, so much fun! So Happy I can fit it into the Honda (Thank you flat fold down seats!)

Camping

Oh and the GF and I are also members of the C.O.R.E. Hiking club here in Calgary Alberta.
CORE: Calgary Outdoor Recreation Enthusiasts

Here is a interesting composite picture of our recent road-trip from Calgary (AB) to Pentiction (BC)! I logged about 1600km on my Fit for this one through some pretty serious mountain roads, it was so Awesome on gas!! Lots of people were asking questions about my car everywhere we stopped too.

Future Fit Plans - "We can Rebuild him to be Bigger, Faster, Stronger"
There is a list as long as the Trans-Canada highway of things I would like to improve my Fit. Because I do so much with my Fit I need it to remain as versatile as it is today, so finding mods that fit in can sometimes be a tricky balance.

My focus right now is on performance and safety; I would love to upgrade my brakes as I find them a little wimpy when I have a full load and they suffer from bad brake fade on long trips. A little more highway umph and further improving the handeling characteristics are also high on my list Lately I also need to try and set my car apart from a recent mysterious "clone" car in Calgary which is the same color and has the same wheels as my Fit! We are talking about a car which is actually being mistaken for mine by other Calgary members!! Hmmmmmm, I think I finally understand how chicks feel when they wear the same dress as another woman to the same party

Funds for me are pretty low until I move into our new Condo in September/October-ish, so a lot of things are on the back burner. Naturally of course, over a longer period of time I also want to upgrade my car with a full exhuast, headers, Ignition Booster, projector headlamps & fogs, grill, rear garnish, struts, full spread of bracing & carbon Fibre... oh and one of those cool Asimo key chain dolls for my rear view mirror! What can I say, I am just a big big kid at heart

Anyway, that is my Fit!

Good luck to everybody who entered, and a big thanks for hosting the Contest this month guys!

Cheers!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-16-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:24 PM
check the prize people!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
When's the deadline?>

Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
My Guess.....

Originally Posted by kentris
When's the deadline?>

I think the end of the month.... Time to get the digi & get see if I can win some goodies for my TOTALLY STOCK Fit.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JULY 2007 Fit of the Month Contest - Sponsored by AJ Racing